What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

This is one of the greatest songs Robert Smith ever wrote. If I had three songs I had to hand to somebody to explain who The Cure are and what they do, and what keeps people coming back, this would definitely be one of them.

Edited by Bren10

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

I was listening to this song on the radio last night driving home and I thought this was an 80's song until I checked it out, released in 2019 :)

The Weeknd definitely does his 80s homework. 100 points to the first person to name the two direct 80s allusions here:

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 10:54 PM, Dadrian said:

The Weeknd definitely does his 80s homework. 100 points to the first person to name the two direct 80s allusions here:

Pale shelter & (not 100 % sure as very short) Everybody wants to rule the world

32 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

Pale shelter & (not 100 % sure as very short) Everybody wants to rule the world

Pale Shelter is right. The other is “I hear the secrets that you keep because you’re talking in your sleep”. That’s from The Romantics “Talking in Your Sleep”. 

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Pale Shelter is right. The other is “I hear the secrets that you keep because you’re talking in your sleep”. That’s from The Romantics “Talking in Your Sleep”. 

which moment are you talking about for the #2

1 hour ago, jpaul1 said:

which moment are you talking about for the #2

The chorus (@1:14) of the Romantics song is the same lyrics as The Weeknd’s chorus in “Secrets”. 

The Romantics song and the Tears for Fears song are both big deals in the USA.  Idk about worldwide. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Speaking of covers, I've been into this cover of "The Chain" Evanescence recently put out.

• 2 weeks later...

I dedicate this song/video to anyone who is worried about (or suffering in any way from) the current situation. 

We will get through this! Take precautions, but don’t forget to look forward to better days. 

Howard Jones is, was, and will always be one of the kindest souls in the music industry. I admire him so much. 

• Like 1