What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

Hey @Dadrian, listen to this track starting at 1:28. It reminds me a bit of “Grocero’s Meet”... Or more so “Grocero’s Meet” reminds me of this track starting at 1:28 as it came first. It’s slower but has similar synth fretless bass sound and it’s very eerie. They’re definitely different songs but similar vibe.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jpaul1 said:

i need a win august 21 for this :)

I will give you an honorable mention for the photos, but audio is clipping/crackling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bren10 said:

It's been awhile, so...

I was just thinking of this video the day! I couldn’t remember how to search it. Thanks so much!!!

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2020 at 7:05 AM, Dadrian said:

This is one of my wife’s favorite songs. Nice to see it here. 

I was lucky enough to see him play in Tokyo for my birthday last year. Time flies, and Bryan Ferry is getting up there, but he still iconic cool. Great videography. And hats off to Robert Palmer as well, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I only discovered them that night while drunk. :dance: 

I read a really negative review of the latest album that only awarded it a 5/10. It said they were pastiche and too similar to Simple Minds and Spandau Ballet.

This one might be my favourite by them and from 2018.

• Like 1

A lesson in how great Phil Collins is:

Here’s the (amazing) original version of Howard Jones’ classic “No One Is to Blame”:

The radio version you probably know and remember was reimagined and produced by Phil Collins, on which he played drums and sang background vocals. He also had the legend that is Pino Palladino play his magical fretless bass. Funny how something that’s already really good can go to legendary status with just a touch of another powerhouse like Phil!

• Like 1