What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

• Administrators

Haven't heard this in a while, found it in a folder while putting a playlist together for my brothers friends party.

• Like 2

Probably my favourite bond score..

That is one of my most favourite Bond theme's and movies ever! and I absolutely  love the poke to Sean Connery that George did ''This never happened to the other fellow.'' that line had me in absolute stitches  :)  :)  :)

I think that Spectre might be a modern re-imagining of On Her Majesty's Secret Service, but of course I could be wrong.  :cool:

@Detective Crockett - If Spectre is reminiscent of OHMSS that would be amazing. I know that Blofeld is in it and they filmed scenes in the Alps so that's a plus.

@James - Great song, loved it in GTA San Andreas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gtk0GIcPfs

the sad part though is that Guerrero2220 had a kick ass vice car chase montage set to this, and NBC blocked it with a Copywrite strike, I guess they just dont understand what the meaning of a transformative work is, and if I had as much money as Donald Trump, I'd take them to court on this and win just to put an end to this blocking on copywrite crap thing.

I mean its one thing if its straight rip and all that, but music montages set to cool things that work, killing that should be a crime.

That singles cover for "Eminence front" is awesome and very Miami Vice Art deco looking. :cool: Even has the pastel colours

Edited by thedeparted94
  • Like 1

ah that's what that was? lol

anyways this is what I have going on in the background right now as I just watched this film again for the first time in years reluctantly, as I remembered nothing and got nothing from it the first time around.

and I swear if it wasnt for that end line I think it would have been a pretty damn near perfect film, as that line ruins the film for anyone who's never seen it, its the luke I am your of the film noir's

as basically it encourages you not to think about the subtities of the writing and all of the implied actions that happened in the background, as its just you know.

Edited by Kavinsky

Here we are again with something I didn't like back then, and friends and I would have made fun of, but now see how good it is compared to now. This video reminds me of how even bubblegum popstars as we called them back then were still classy. Britney Spears was actually making good pop songs, and she wasn't being sleazy like now. It shows how much the music industry has declined. Stuff like this were major hits back then, but today to be a major hit it has to be vulgar garbage. It's really sad. First off, the quality of the music is a million times better than any pop from this crappy era. Next, although pop stars like Britney Spears were sex symbols back in their heyday, they weren't sleazy and vulgar. They actually had dignity, and the videos reflected that. Here, it's a group of teenagers doing cool dance moves. There's nothing objectifying or degrading or crude about any of it. It's a fun video, with fun music, pretty girls, and cute guys. A much better image to see for young people than what they have now.

Edited by viceystyle
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Yup, I didn't like it back then either, but now it makes me feel nostalgic and I enjoy it for some reason.

-------------

The Decemberilists new album " What  a terrible world ....What a beautiful world " is pretty good  :D

Edited by Matt5