What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

Whoa! So much great music in one thread! I'll be sure to keep watching it and post some of the songs I am listening to as well.

Let me start with this tribute track to our beloved Tubbs.

Still pleasurable song, in spite of the remix... Do yourself a favor and go listen to the original version of this catchy tune from masters Bernie Edwards & Nile Rodgers (Chic).

Not to mention Carly walking and licking an ice-cream ;-)

Still pleasurable song, in spite of the remix... Do yourself a favor and go listen to the original version of this catchy tune from masters Bernie Edwards & Nile Rodgers (Chic).

Not to mention Carly walking and licking an ice-cream ;-)

actually after listening to the original I can see what you mean, the remix feels faster and tighter in some areas, but the original seems more cohearent.

although I never watched the video for my own song there, and take a look at what shows up at 1:58, I just happened to look back after having it run in the background like I often do

AND HOW DID I MISS THAT?! A Ferrari Daytona spider in my own music clip! and white no less like the one they took the molds off of for the vice cars. hell maybe its the same damn car! the one that was getting worked on that they secretly took the molds of.

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

This is one of my favorite synthwave acts. Really smooth and mostly original with their stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=910VjkJT-N4&feature=youtu.be

Not bad, but I'm not a huge fan of the instrumental stuff, I get bored of it easy. It's rare that I get into an instrumental. 

But give me a good vocal and it goes straight into my playlist.

• Like 1

Not bad, but I'm not a huge fan of the instrumental stuff, I get bored of it easy. It's rare that I get into an instrumental. 

But give me a good vocal and it goes straight into my playlist.

I hear you, pal! :-) I tend to think vocals are a very personal thing - some people love them and some hate them. As for me, I'm in something of a middle ground. Some tracks just don't need singing and they sound perfect as purely instrumental. Others, however, really deserve to be heard only with the appropriate vocals.

I really like this one, very uplifting.

I like listening to alot of movie soundtracks and most of them are obviously instrumental so I dig that stuff. I don't know, just find it easier to read while listening to instrumentals, If i'm listening to lyrics and reading at the same time my brain turns to mush.

I rarely listen to music while having to concentrate on a more complex task, as all kinds of music tend to distract me rather than help me. It's just that I enjoy simply sitting down and listening to the music, giving it my full attention. Hence I don't have a natural preference for instrumental tracks, but I still love them when they're done right.

Today it's genuine 80's. :-)

• Like 1

• Administrators

I hear you, pal! :-) I tend to think vocals are a very personal thing - some people love them and some hate them. As for me, I'm in something of a middle ground. Some tracks just don't need singing and they sound perfect as purely instrumental. Others, however, really deserve to be heard only with the appropriate vocals.

I really like this one, very uplifting.

I find that some great instrumentals get boring after 30 seconds and sound like they are missing vocals to keep it interesting. :/

I love New Arcades. :D

• Like 1