What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

an appropriate tribute to futurama, the show where all the smart writers left to go to from the simpsons. like American dad to family guy actually.

Over the past month or so I've found myself returning over and over to this particular track by MPM/Multipac. For some reason it comes across as really comforting, plus I love the late 80's Manhattan view and Michael J. Fox's tan suit in the first picture.

Hey Vatdim, the picture of Michael J. Fox is taken from the end scene of a 1988 movie called "Bright Lights, Big City".

A must for any 80s lover, I saw it when it was in the theaters.

The amazing soundtrack was written by Steely Dan's genius Donald Fagen.

Here's the end song.

• Like 1

Hey Vatdim, the picture of Michael J. Fox is taken from the end scene of a 1988 movie called "Bright Lights, Big City".

A must for any 80s lover, I saw it when it was in the theaters.

The amazing soundtrack was written by Steely Dan's genius Donald Fagen.

Here's the end song.

Thanks for the music and the info, Jerry. I actually got around to seeing "Bright Lights, Big City" a few weeks ago! :-)

I felt the story was quite deep (I believe I read somewhere that it is based on a novel?) and the acting was top notch. I'm still baffled as to why this movie is so underrated, however.

A great remix by Sunglasses Kid, he really did wonders with this track, as the original sounded really dull and uninspiring.

It may not be a neon summer outside, but it sure is in my mind now. :-)

this one I only found and managed to look up after hearing it on the radio after I had started leaving a pen and paper in my glovebox, as I had heard so many great songs in passing randomly on an independant station while driving locally.

and then forgotten their names latter, so I finally just said you know what, I'm putting a pad and pen in there for this very reason now.

and the timing of this song showing up was rather apt, and it was the first and only time I had ever heard it too.

Edited by Kavinsky

Hmm, I'm still not sure if I like it or not.  ?(

Hopefully Spectre is better than Skyfall anyway

I wonder if the lyrics at 0:43 are any indication of what the story is going to be like, and good god that is terrible lol starts off like thunderball and then goes down hill.

and I didnt say this in the bond thread, but I loved For your eyes only, but hated the theme song, and yes I know who sung it lol I considered it the worst of the lot, now there's a new contender.

must........... cleanse............. the......... palate.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

Here's two beautiful tracks by Serge Gainsbourg from a 1976 French film he directed called Je T'aime Moi Non Plus, based on his famous song and starring Jane Birkin and Joe Dellesandro (the best film he had a starring role in).

I love the film. It's a great film. A beautifully twisted work of art

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 2

How do you put a Youtube or other video directly on the post?  I should know this but have never done it.  Thanks.

Edited by miamijimf

How do you put a Youtube or other video directly on the post?  I should know this but have never done it.  Thanks.

You click "Special BBCode" and then choose "Media" from the drop-down menu. Then just paste the link in the "Media URL".

Right now I'm listening to Wang Chung:

• Like 1