What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

• Administrators

How do you put a Youtube or other video directly on the post?  I should know this but have never done it.  Thanks.

You pretty much just have to copy & paste the link to the video, the forum embeds it automatically.

• Like 1

You click "Special BBCode" and then choose "Media" from the drop-down menu. Then just paste the link in the "Media URL".

Right now I'm listening to Wang Chung:

What about this Chung song? it's got a damn Vice feel...

• Like 2

Hmm GTA San Andreas, I could write a book about how disapointed I was in that game just based on what the written previews made me imagine what it was going to be like,

IE you play as Samuel L Jackson, with his trademark afro Playing Jewels getting up to some sort of Tarentino like film activities that lead to san fransisco and Las Vegas, where you run into a martin scorscee picture in action, Casnio, Goodfellas all the good stuff

mixed in with some gone in sixty seconds like action, and with an awesome kicking soundtrack from the 90's, NIN, Moby, Garbage, along with the song that set the riot off, NWA - F the Police.

literally I was watching a video retrospective of the riots and they showed people blaring that song right before it all kicked off.

and instead it was the most skitzophrenic, malpaced game I've ever seen with the weirdest attempt at making a style for each city, by literally blinding the player with an orange, blue and yellow haze respectively

the whole thing felt like it was just way too rushed, like it needed another 10 months to be anywhere near as good as vice, my own personal grevances aside. worst game in the series bar none.

the star trek five of the gta series, yes I am saying its that bad, yeah it may have some good things, but there too small to ignore the flaws with it.

Edited by Kavinsky

Yeah, I remember picking up GTA: SA and feeling a little bit let down after Vice City. The setting and the story didn't feel right, especially at the start. Eventually, I managed to ignore these issues and decided to play the game till the end. I never really appreciated it the way I got to love other Rockstar games like Vice City, IV, Ballad of Gay Tony, etc., but I still found some cool music through it. I probably liked it best in San Fierro (a San Francisco spin-off) where CJ (the main character) had finally started to grow a backbone, the missions started to make more sense and the overall setting was done better. It was at that time that I finally started to appreciate some of the old-school house music (1986-1993). Like this gem that I first heard on San Fierro Underground Radio. :D

• Administrators

How could Vice City let you down? It's the best one, in my opinion. Always has been my favourite since I was 7. 

---

• Like 1

How could Vice City let you down? It's the best one, in my opinion. Always has been my favourite since I was 7. 

---

Perhaps I wasn't very clear. I first played Vice City and I really loved every little part of it. However, less than a year after that I picked up San Andreas and felt let down because I kept making comparisons to VC. It took a while for me to finally decide to play SA through till the end.

And as far as VC is concerned, here goes one of my (many) favorite tracks featured in that game! :-)

• Like 1

That's the great thing about Spotify. People made playlists with the GTA soundtracks and all the songs from Miami Vice. :cool:

Edited by thedeparted94
  • Like 3

Stunning cover of a Blind Faith classic. Super session men band Spin 1ne 2wo (Paul Carrack from Mike & the Mechanics, drummer Steve Ferrone, Rupert Hine, bass and "Chapman Stick" legend Tony Levin (King Crimson, among the others) plus guitarist Phil Palmer) mad this wonderful rendition in 1993. Too bad the original video is unavailable on YT.

Listen till the end ;-)