What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

I dont know why but overtime this really grows on you, the Genius Of Lalo Schifrin in Full Effect I guess.

My favorite of the Dirty Harry sequels. Lots of great fun and I have always enjoyed the music that kind of reminds me of some of the later ones of the Police Academy sequels.

There Is No Gene For The Human Spirit.

Michael Nyman - The Departure (Gattaca - 1997)

Gattaca along with Nyman's haunting music is right up there with the likes of Blade Runner and Brazil as one of finest sci-fi films ever made.  

Edited by ArtieRollins
  • Like 1

just watched this movie yesterday, and it stills hold up 15 years latter lol

Weirdest thing I was profiled by a pot head when he told me I'd probably really like this film in high school, and he was right too lol

Such as the lines No dont spray paint the car..... No I'm not I have too much respect for personal property....

Edited by Kavinsky

Love this movie, it definitely screams: 80s! Love Fee Waybill too. Listen to "The Completion Backward Principle" from Tubes.
Here's my favorite cut from Running Scared. Written by Rod Temperton and performed by Michael McDonald. Pure gold.

PS Yes, it's me in the avatar ;-)

just watched this movie yesterday, and it stills hold up 15 years latter lol

Weirdest thing I was profiled by a pot head when he told me I'd probably really like this film in high school, and he was right too lol

Such as the lines No dont spray paint the car..... No I'm not I have too much respect for personal property....

Love this movie, it definitely screams: 80s! Love Fee Waybill too. Listen to "The Completion Backward Principle" from Tubes.

Here's my favorite cut from Running Scared. Written by Rod Temperton and performed by Michael McDonald. Pure gold.

PS Yes, it's me in the avatar ;-)

Oh I had that running in the background too lol I felt a little iffy and silly about showing the music video though as actually its kinda a post movie epilogue music video that in a way kind of spoils the ending if you think about it... but I have seen far worse in that regard as the music video for the shadow completely ruins the movie

but considering what I have running right now I should probably feel alot more embarrassed about this honestly lol

Damn you Danger Deathray and your Taco Joke lol

1:03:24

Oh hey its taco! like god damn it now I gotta go find that song again lol

like someone says something with a song lyric in it, and its like oh hey I havent listened to that song in awhile lol

I just wish someone reupload the pretenders song where has everybody gone from the living daylights back to youtube as the copywrite czars took it down and blocked it in the US again -_-

you know its one thing to take a video down if its already got its own official youtube channel for the song, so you can see and hear it on a whim once in a blue moon  and its another when their isnt.

as with songs its the ones that stick with you that you end up keeping, while others end up to be a flash in the pan kinda deal that your sometimes in the mood for, hence why things are abit different now from the way it used to be.

as now you can pick and choose while back in the day the success of something was based on how strong the album was, hence why theirs a far more cohesive narrative to vintage albums of old, while now its one song and one song only that touches the charts.

and its also the sign of a good soundtrack that it keeps this balance in mind, hence why Quentin Tarantino's stuff works the way it does along with the GTA soundtracks of vice city, as its all about a balanced experence. which is why vice city hit it off so well, it was done in the era before I tunes and this culture change in modern music, so they had the people around who knew this to keep everything in check. 

and its also why the vice city soundtrack has never been beaten, as rockstar themselves have lost this touch, plus who the hell asked for the one note Mexican song in GTA 5?! that aint music! that's a broken keyboard!

oh also with running scared, Manny is one of the beareded boys wielding the Clint Eastwood Handcannons as I was like oh Steve Bauer is in this?! Really, where...... oh jesus he was one of those guys lol

hell I think Sonny Burnett had his car from this movie at one point lol

plus lou as one of the badguys lol like he faked his death so he could to take over south chicago, that bastard! lol

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators

back at season 1 episode 2 heart of darkness 

Welcome to the site, pal. Nice song choice, one of my favourites, if not my favourite song from the 80s.

As we've touched on the subject of 'Heart of Darkness', here's 'She's a Beauty'. The bridge (leading into the chorus) on this song is excellent -- it's a shot of disdain in what is otherwise fairly upbeat rock fare. It leaves one wanting more -- but that's the point, supposedly.