The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

Great info.  Any old photos of car #1 would be appreciated.  Want to try and get it as close to MV condition as possible. 

alright I'll see what I can do, and I'll try and rig up a data sheet for you here, but if I may make a suggestion, you may want to take a few artistic liberties with the car given its history and wear and tear

With Namely the headlights, the headlight covers and the windshield trim, as they look pretty good as is, and you did a beautiful job with the paint job judging by the video here.

and I would try and maybe make things in the same style as Car 1 and 4, but maybe better and a little smoother looking with the dash pad.

but not to the point where you do what that guy did to the mad max interceptor, where he redid the entire things bodywork in the wrong style

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-interceptor/interceptor-history-part-3.html

and that's the key, keep it in the same spirit.

my personal focus would be on the lower half of the nose, straightening it out, filling in those areas that have those cicular holes in it, fabricate a new grill based on the original

move the tail pipes to a more vice location, maybe move the gas tank back to its original place, also neither car 4 nor car 1 had the spare tire on the back hanging off the tank, car 4 current has it in its trunk.

and see about getting the shocks on par with that of car 4 ride heigh wise as it seemed uneven, maybe tires? also keep the spinners, those are exceptionally hard to come by, the gold zeniths, as their metal and its very hard to track a set down

and then focus on the interior

maybe not put the speakers back in, but get the rest of the door to line up and refabricate the dash, and maybe make a more burlwood like shifter knob, as the one there seemed to be based off of a T/A shifter that I believe can still be bought.

gallery_471_5_55348.jpg

albiet for an earlier model corvette.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-CORVETTE-WOOD-GRAIN-AUTOMATIC-VETTE-SHIFT-KNOB-/110607911304?hash=item19c0bec988&vxp=mtr

and in my own personal theory the dash pad of car 4 might be a combo of the 1978 onwards dash pad mixed with an alfa romeo spider one, and they might have tried that on it on car 1 as well.

and or its based off of the BB

https://twitter.com/perfectionvalet/status/593467639026049026

the vents on the dash are from Fiat, as Ferrari used Fiat air vents in some of there cars, just like GM did with a few of theirs

Edited by Kavinsky

Here's my rare, alternate version of a common photo of the Daytona from HIT LIST between the dates Aug 7 - 15th 1984. This is a close up of the dash.

DAYTONA%20012_zpstt5zzgtk.jpg

My full rare alternate version shot can be seen here.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/12071-coops-rare-alternate-version-of-crockett-tubbs-in-daytona-spider-photo-of-the-day/

Thats car 4 though, but I have never seen that angle of it before, nor noticed it folded like that. Cooper does the dash pad seem familiar to you in any way here?

Thats car 4 though, but I have never seen that angle of it before, nor noticed it folded like that. Cooper does the dash pad seem familiar to you in any way here?

There are shadows you're seeing from the upper windshield frame but looks like there is a small valley between the vents and the forward edge of the dash pad on the passenger side. Think that may have been changed post-Roberts.  

Yes Car 4.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

I think that was the given point that it was determined that they were going to be switching to the TR,

and Car 4 for that episode wasn't in use because of that illegal silencer deal, although past the silencer deal I really dont have anything to back that up other than me not noticing the higher nosed car in the latter episodes.

Well I don't know whether Car 1 was really retired that early in the Season however. They may have still needed both cars for production. Are there no interior shots we can see later in the Season?

As to the higher nose...are you saying the Car 1 nose was shorter or higher or both??

I don't see it being much shorter, as the molds were not likely changed out. And as volobrian stated they only needed to trim the fiberglass on the right side around 1.25 inches I believe, and that likely would have been at the door frame point. So the only difference I could imagine then would be if you dropped a line between the drivers front bumper and ran it directly across against a point, you might see a slight gap between the line and the passenger front bumper. But it would be hard visually to see as we are talking around 1 inch.

and the smoke I ment is from when the car ran into a low dip right here at 0:27

it looks like tire smoke but when it ran into that dip it took a small chunk out of the flare on that side that wasnt repaired for season 3 as it showed up in When Irish Eyes Are Crying, the scene where Sonny meets with Izzy, when he pulls up if you look down at the right flare theres a chunk missing

actually look close here, right side of the flare, see the white mark on there?

gallery_471_5_72361.jpg

slightly chipped right at hub level

but with the nose well it is a prototype and I remember jurrasic or someone else saying that it drove them nuts trying to figure out why one part of the car didnt look right, only for them to find out the frame was off by 1 inch

which would have ment them changing the molds accordingly for the rest of the run 

You must have eagle eyes, as I can't see any white marks or fender damage. Where exactly are you looking? Any chance of blowing this up?

gallery_471_5_51850.jpg

use the center of the wheel where the spinners are as a landmark and you can see it seems higher up on car 1 and less in line with the general body of it, and this is before its nose was torn up post vice.

and thus when they redid the molds for car 2, it might have been based on that longer lower nose design rather than the 1979 and earlier one

actually I must wonder if Brian's Car looks anything like car 1 given his car was originally a 1971 car, if I'm right it should look more like Car 4 than Car 1.

so did the mothers mag polish work then?

So I see that he is making a sharp left turn here and I would expect that the body would be leaning right, and shifting downward onto the springs in this turn, making it appear as though the space between tire and upper fender/wheel well is less. It may be the case due to the turn. or as volobrian suggests it may just be the spring tension is less on one side, or from an older '76 frame perhaps sagging a bit more than an '81.   Or the tires may be of a different size on Car 1 vs Car 4.

I think the polish I used on the grill was called Meguiar's Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum polish but I do have it in the basement. I tried 5 or 6 different cleaner polishes before I found this one...and it was spectacular vs all the others.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

Kavinsky - as Sonny-Burnett says "You must have eagle eyes, as I can't see any white marks or fender damage. Where exactly are you looking? Any chance of blowing this up?"  I have looked for the chip or white spot and I'm not seeing them either.  Do you have any other pictures?

As I understand from Tom McBurnie telling us about the shortened frame rail (when we visited him in the 1990s) - he had already made the fender and installed it before noticing that the wheel was not centered.  After he figured it out, he modified the existing body to make it work - he did not make a new fender.  So, there is no way that the mold would have been changed.

As I understand from Tom McBurnie telling us about the shortened frame rail (when we visited him in the 1990s) - he had already made the fender and installed it before noticing that the wheel was not centered. After he figured it out, he modified the existing body to make it work - he did not make a new fender. So, there is no way that the mold would have been changed.

It seems he took out the 1 1/4 inches from between the front of the wheel well to the door jamb. That's the only piece of the fender that doesn't match the drivers side.

• Like 1

There are shadows you're seeing from the upper windshield frame but looks like there is a small valley between the vents and the forward edge of the dash pad on the passenger side. Think that may have been changed post-Roberts.  

Yes Car 4.

Nah I dont think its been changed really, the only changes to the dash area itself was the removal of the burlwood over the center dash insturments, and the instalation of a new audio system, with the speakers behind the seats.

so the dash should be as is, so I'm seriously wondering if someone really did combine the alfa romeo spider dash with the 1978/1982 dash pad, and that's where they meet, like they used the lower frame half and then used the alfa dash pad for the top and custom molded the sides to fit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Molded-Dash-Cover-Top-Pad-Cap-FOR-1965-1970-ALFA-ROMEO-SPIDER-/330745933449?fits=Make%3AAlfa+Romeo|Model%3ASpider&hash=item4d01fe6e89&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-86-ALFA-ROMEO-SPIDER-DASH-SKIN-CAP-OVERLAY-/121638267832?hash=item1c5234abb8&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Molded-Dash-Cover-Top-Pad-Cap-FOR-1978-1982-CORVETTE-TOP-CAP-/221044261561?fits=Year%3A1978|Model%3ACorvette&hash=item337743c2b9&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Molded-Dash-Cover-Top-Pad-Cap-FOR-1978-1982-CORVETTE-WITH-SPEAKER-RECESS-/221044261581?fits=Year%3A1978|Model%3ACorvette&hash=item337743c2cd&vxp=mtr

as the door handles are off of an alfa, the mirrors could have been sourced from one.

and I really havent noticed anything of car 1 post that episode with yankee dollar, and yeah I think its more the nose is higher off the ground, probably because of the shocks then

car 1 top, car 4 bottom, both taken in 1984 pre S2

gallery_471_5_31265.jpg

and while car 4 here is turning into the drive, this is just before it goes up it and it just seems lower and more level.

and yeah hold on, these are probably better shots of what I mean here, this one taken slightly latter in that same scene with the nose thing, El Viejo

gallery_471_5_247714.jpg

Italy

that little white stuff on the bottom of the flares shows up in other scenes from S3 as well, and the sunlight here below the reflection off of the flare makes it seem like a slight chip was taken off.

so I think that's where it happened, the chase with the countach, as the countach has a flat floor to it, much like the TR, so while the Countach barely cleared it because of its flat floor

gallery_471_5_256415.jpg

the daytona got it a little there.

gallery_471_5_132784.jpg

hell freeze framing it a little I think I see the chunk albiet briefly

gallery_471_5_21676.jpg

this might have been repaired after it left the show, although both cars cut the sidewalk there to hit there mark.

Edited by Kavinsky

As I understand from Tom McBurnie telling us about the shortened frame rail (when we visited him in the 1990s) - he had already made the fender and installed it before noticing that the wheel was not centered.  After he figured it out, he modified the existing body to make it work - he did not make a new fender.  So, there is no way that the mold would have been changed.

yeah it was something with the placement of the wheels wasnt it, I think Jurrasic had said it in a previous post awhile back, that he adjusted the wheels on the opposite side or something.

hell I remember the boys at might car mods doing that to one of their cars recently, not sure if it was super gramps or that mad max car they're working on.

also not to boast but actually I do have 20/15 vision.

Edited by Kavinsky

car 1 top, car 4 bottom, both taken in 1984 pre S2

gallery_471_5_31265.jpg

Kavinsky - how are you determining which is car 1 and which is car 4 - are you looking at the windshield side trim?

Yes Car 4.

Car 1 had a standard Vette dash for a 78-82 model.  Which is odd in that the car was a 1976.  The top looks like a rubber molded cover.  You can see in all the shots where the interior of car 1 is shown that the distinctive "lip" which is about an inch or less thick on Car 4 looks to be about 2 inches thick on Car 1 (see the black and white photo in post 2050 above).   The cover seems to be loose and is higher up in the windshield as the 78 dash was not trimmed down. 

There is not valley in the Car 4 dash except the slope of constant angle across the middle to almost the end of the passenger side of the dash.  The valley you see is an optical illusion created by the glass.  The car dash was trimmed down so that the vents sit in a flat plane that extends from the drivers instrument pod across the the right edge of the dash.

Edited by jurassic narc

Here's my rare, alternate version of a common photo of the Daytona from HIT LIST between the dates Aug 7 - 15th 1984. This is a close up of the dash.

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php/topic/12071-coops-rare-alternate-version-of-crockett-tubbs-in-daytona-spider-photo-of-the-day/

I dont know, its really just quite weird how this shot turned out, as it seriously looks like its got a bump there around the glovebox, yet in all the other shots its not like this, its just very weird and perplexing

Edited by Kavinsky

Are the vents in car 4 today still different like in the pic of post 2053?

have we really done 2053 posts?! and no actually that's car 1, the dash sits lower on it in that area, with a much higher peek ontop of the insturments, much like Jurrasics car used to look like.

Car 1

gallery_471_5_51649.jpg

gallery_471_5_11772.jpg

Car 4

gallery_471_5_21919.jpg

note its arched up, angled towards the dash in the same spot on car 4,

hell it'd be interesting to know just how much of a distance there is between the rim of the dash and the insturment cluster there inch wise, as to figure out how much of a hump there is, like centerline it, and then use one of those level indicators they used for things, those little plastic things you can buy from monic supply to see how steep the angle is on the dash right after the hump to get the level down.

as on the stock 1978, its a completely smooth horizontal line across the dash, not arched up.

b97d_3.jpg

hell you look at the angle on the stock dash as is, and I gotta wonder did they just continue the angle when they added onto the dash of car's 3 and 4?

Edited by Kavinsky

Okay now to cover Car 1, starting with the back end

Car 1 currently has this tail pipe set up, which is only correct to its apperance in speed zone

gallery_471_5_4968.jpg

gallery_471_5_4713.jpg

originally both cars had the gas tank in the stock position, sans spare tire, with the exaust pipes hanging off of both of them in the show, save for the pilot for Car 4, like this

gallery_471_5_63784.jpg

gallery_471_5_25378.jpg

gallery_471_5_76066.jpg

gallery_471_5_64962.jpg

gallery_471_5_4682.jpg

no ferrari prancing horse emblem and no reverse light on either of them, the above 3 are all of Car 4 FYI

and originally Car 4 and possibly Car 1 were like this before they were brought onto the show, presumably this was changed to allow the camera mounts to be fitted in that area.

gallery_471_5_15784.jpg

gallery_471_5_22995.jpg

car 1 in the above shot here by the way

and I believe this is using the same general setup and look of a vintage lambo seen here at 9:50

abarth tail pipes, sticking out on the sides, that way there away from the gas tank, as seen in the pilot and the famous in the air scene on car 4

hell I must wonder if maybe some of the mounting points for the exaust were originally ment for the spare tire, and this original setup also helped hide some of the suspension parts of the stock corvette with it in its original position,

or if maybe somehow they worked it in like on that lambo, as it looks like just like the C3, the spare is hanging off the gas tank, or if it is straight off that car.

Also note the boombox speaker on the 1967 Lambo, to my eye it is the same as on car 1 here

gallery_471_5_55348.jpg

Edited by Kavinsky

Interior and doorwise, with the doors we dont know if the car, car 1 had tornado or baby tornado mirrors, as we only found out that through this shot of car 4

gallery_471_5_18854.jpg

that car 4 had the larger by 1 inch tornado mirrors on it, noted by the power adjustment knobs here under the handbrake, in the ashtray/coin tray, which does not come with the cheaper and much simpler baby tornados

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VITALONI-TORNADO-ELECTRIC-/271845635611?hash=item3f4b43361b&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vitaloni-Baby-Tornado-Mirror-MIR60CR-/301608959101?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item46394b7c7d

and it has been removed on car 4 post show, and currently jurrasic's car is the only one that has them right now.

also note how the door light is visible on the interior of car 4, yet its not there on car 1

gallery_471_5_65852.jpg

and with the door panels as noted above I think the speaker on it may be the same one from that vintage lambo, and theres also this shot of it fron the hindge area to give you a greater sense of scale of its pocket and how it should look

gallery_471_5_10680.jpg

sadly I do not ever remember seeing a shot of the lower half to confirm that it did not have a door light on it, also in this same scene, they switch cars, when it pulls up in Tales of the Goat its car 4, with the sunvisors and being used for the close ups

then when he opens the door its car 1 here, and trying to nail down any close interior shots of car 1 is exceedingly difficult

dash wise I cant really give you anything about its construction other than what it looked like

gallery_471_5_51649.jpg

gallery_471_5_70622.jpg

as one of the possiblities that I'm looking into is that maybe some parts of the SL 500 dash were used for Car 4's dash, but Car 1 looks like it was probably made up from scratch to look like it did

the center console should look pretty much like a stock 1976 or 1978 unit, with the mismatched wood shift knob on it,

but other that that more or less like here on car 4

gallery_471_5_9809.jpg

as it was glistening in the 906 chase, like they had burlwood on the center on that one as well

gallery_471_5_11785.jpg

gallery_471_5_33598.jpg

gallery_471_5_39667.jpg

gallery_471_5_3853.jpg

plus the inner windshield trim is still that of the 1976 car

gallery_471_5_70622.jpg

gallery_471_5_19310.jpg

black steering column lined up with that of the momo steering wheel adapter by the way, probably the original 1976 unit.

exterior wise on that same piece the windshield trim went from chrome in S1,

gallery_471_5_293720.jpg

Hitlist part 1

to Matt black in S2 to match car 4

gallery_471_5_51850.jpg

and then for speed zone it was replaced with the carl roberts unit seen here

!BY6ScwQCGk~$%28KGrHgoH-C0EjlLlu15ZBKkFq

sans chrome and painted gloss, as it is now.

much like Jurrasic used to have on his car, also its worth noting that with all of the differences in the interior here, you can see why we were so skeptical of the car and if it was the actual car or not

as it looks like most of the interior was stripped out once it left the show for speed zone, possibly to cover up that you know what.

anyways ill get onto the front end and the tires, as there is a difference there latter, as this must have taken a few hours to source everything and get it down.

oh also Momo Veloce, 13.5 inch wheel try the Saleen boys if you can, as the Saleen mustangs back then apparently used them.

although it would be a far greater boone if you could track down the original by some small miracle, and who knows maybe don knicked it lol as I kept a keep sake of my first car actually, the rear view mirror that I plan to use later on on one of these someday.

although thankfully it looks like he didnt replace the steering column and its still as it was in the old days outside of the wheel attached to it, so that's atleast a miracle in of itself I'd reckon

ugh christ, they call me the hounddog, hounddog taylor lol and I need to get to sleep.

also this just showed up on the radar, not yellow, but blue if anyone wants them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zenith-Wire-Wheels-Campbell-Blue-Chips-/251949080339?hash=item3aa955df13&vxp=mtr

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

All great info and shots! This will help to get the car back to its "show" condition. Whether car 1 had it or not I'm going to add items like the old car phone just for the cool factor.

ah the phone, that's abit of a revolving prop, I believe that it was switched over to the testarossa as a very similar unit was seen in the S4 epsiode where Catlin was killed, Deliver us from evil part 2 I think, and there was also a car phone used in Tubbs's car as well

gallery_471_5_15038.jpg

gallery_471_5_20113.jpg

and for all we know its still in the car at the grove pawn shop, as the wear marks and color combo of the interior and all that match that of the car used in the show, although It could have gone back to a prop warehouse really

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lucas_fs/8408758224/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjhbower/15443066319/

15443066319_10d4175859_b.jpg

gallery_471_5_98970.jpg

as during the opening chase of Freefall, its missing from that area, and phones and car phones like that back then were really expensive

as I looked up this stuff months or years ago and found out by how much, but at present I cant remember what videos it said it on, probably something to do with the motorolas, which might be what they were using on vice.

and I think the prop house is probably the best answer as some of the firearms in Vice showed up in other things as well, Reservior dogs, the predator movie with Danny Glover with the 645, Sonny's right arm in S3 and S4, one of the other actors had it, Burn Notice and Die Hard, his rifle from out where the busses dont run namely showed up in the hands of the big bad guy whos brother got killed in that one

so its possibly that his prop could have been still in use until the mid 1990's in other things, hell I often wonder if Tubbs car was used in MIB 3 recently honestly, along with some Sly Stalone movie in the early 1990's, the professional or something.

also in one eyed jack there was a CB radio used in car 4 for a brief scene, where he tells Tubbs to call it in as he's not a cop anymore, if that was just a prop or part of the unit is a different matter, but Jurrasic is the one who knows the most about it, and it was some sort of unit that had the transmitter under the seat itself I remember, like they used to use in the wars back then for communication

as you can see the wire leading to under the seat where the transmiter is here on car 4

gallery_471_5_18854.jpg

gallery_471_5_92642.jpg

it is unknown if car 1 had one on it that was used as well, although I think during that shot from the hitlist part 1 there where it changes cars Sonny was on the phone in Car 1 albiet briefly.

once again possibly as a revolving prop, until maybe S2

also note the stratigic placement of the phone as well, its covering the shift gate indicatiors to cover up the fact that the car is an auto,

gallery_471_5_9809.jpg

and towards the end of S2, Phil the Shill Namely Don started to manually shift the car, which fooled Mcburnie into thinking that they had switched it over to a manual gearbox

so it served its purpose, and I think both jurrasic and camera think that the burlwood center console cover found on that tv show, autochasers or whatever, the one found in the trunk might be the original one used on Car 4

as it was removed and replaced with a stock unit post show, possibly because the prop was removed and reused, leaving the holes in the burlwood from its placement over the shift gate, and that unit might be with the autochaser guy who has the other speed zone car.

Edited by Kavinsky

and if I may make a suggestion, with the dash of car 1 and recreating it, I would use what you have and make a hybrid of it

!BPQcBTwBGk~$%28KGrHgoH-EUEjlLluH%28EBJy

as the general shape of the dash of the mcburines, were somewhat based and simplified production versions of the cars dashes on vice that could probably still be used

gallery_471_5_9809.jpg

you just need to figure out how to use the normal dash of the 1978, and mix it in with it

gallery_471_5_32456.jpg

and get it to this point shape wise, although as is the general shape seems pretty nice, it just needs to be higher ontop, and leather covered on the top, not painted, but you are using the fiat correct vents it had

gallery_471_5_51649.jpg

so I would think, the insturments of the 1978 for the left side of the dash, work it in somehow and rework the area around it, black out and or replace the corvette logo's while making sure its not one of the 85 MPH ones, restore the center console and work it in, and maybe just keep the glove box as is, while making the dash pad higher and thicker

get it to be as high as the top of the steering wheel and use that as a basis of the height it needs, you know use that as a landmark and work the rest around it, and like I said earlier I think they just continued the dash angle and added the pad over it

gallery_471_5_70622.jpg

maybe in the same way the dash of the 1976 is angled here for car 1

50_3.jpg

and that may give you an idea of how and what to keep in mind in somehow redoing something that was done 30 years ago once,

hell maybe all you need to do is start with a 1976 dash pad, cut and instal a 1978 insturment cluster and then add a pad onto it along with the 3 fiat ferrari vents ontop and put the latter glove box on it, as it looks like the curvature of the dash is still very much there on it in that shot, just with an extended pad over it.

but you atleast have the dash pad of a mcburnie to work with as is, which is the harder thing to come by, while the rest being stock 78 parts should fairly easy to come by in compairison

and then go back to a stock shift ball with a tan accent to match the leather.

Edited by Kavinsky

I forgot something for the aft view of the car, the red reflector on the rears

Car 1 S2

gallery_471_5_51850.jpg

gallery_471_5_305803.jpg

Car 1 Season 1, Note Chrome Windshield Trim and the springs again

gallery_471_5_107198.jpg

Car 4 Season 2

as it had them on the show, both cars did, and its missing off of the volo car at present at 0:15

and also the volo car has abit of an annomaly with the turn signal amber lenses, the ferrari logo, the right has none like it should be like on the show

gallery_471_5_386924.jpg

the left does, along with the right side headlamp if thats correct to how it is now, as it looks like the far right is cicular

gallery_471_5_187259.jpg

and I kept these photos as I really like the job you boys did on the plexyglass, it looks great, you might have to tell us how you did it some day as its very countach like

howeverI'm not sure if you want to keep that with the ferrari logoing on that side but both cars because of the badging did not come with it like that from Mardkian

Car 4

gallery_471_5_64061.jpg

gallery_471_5_58674.jpg

C1

gallery_471_5_51850.jpg

gallery_471_5_48654.jpg

both cars were originally labled mardkian 350 GTS with no ferrari logos on them, look close here, car 4 and car 2 of the production run pictured, cars 1 and 3 were red

gallery_471_5_155284.jpg

also note Car 2 here has red red's on it, no ambers like the other two.

hence the yellow momo steering wheel logo on the Momo Veloce from 84'

gallery_471_5_18587.jpg

special branding for the speedos and no ferrari logos on it, and the flare job of the paul newman racer vs the stock car

https://www.flickr.com/photos/spivy/2226333205/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eccentric_m/7535752986/

and the zenith wire wheel caps when they could have probably sourced ferrari or ferrari badged ones like here or none at all

!BR%28Z,H!CGk~$%28KGrHgoH-D4EjlLl0WegBJ9

IM006506.jpg

which would have been more correct, as the original intention of Markian was to make a car that could be made domestically without the grey market hassle

coppying and building on an existing design, think the Monteverdi high speed

the AC Ace to the AC Cobra, the ISO Grifo, with a 7 liter and 5 liter Corvette and ford motor

the original meaning of the word hybrid, American Motor, and chasis Euro everything else, and the Corvette was probably the most advanced ride you could get back then on this side of the world, next to the porsche 911, and generally you can work on it yourself

and the godfather of Rebel Rousing, the king, Mr Shelby tried it with a corvette, 20 years earlier

and now Im not sure what the tail pipes are abarth or ansi, but its like either or.

so it was actually the production team of vice that did that with the badging

and supposedly Markian had there own logo for the badge, probably just like it was on the speedo of Car 4, somewhat shown here on Car 1 in this photo along with the lack of badging on the turn signals. also their appears to be a badging on the quarter panel behind the right wheel here, unknown if true.

gallery_471_5_163945.jpg

right below the groove there, hell I'd wonder if theres any sign of it, like maybe it was an early Mcburnie, Markdian or Chinetti mark, the guy who did the interiors, the one I always screw up the name of who now apparently makes Piano's or Violins now.

the reason for this is because in the first episode theres an actual daytona in there when he ambushes leon, with the Sig featuring bodycolor painted california mirrors, and car 4, the camera car was going to be the camera car/ stunt car ala S3 but for whatever reason this fell through, I guess probably because Daytona Spiders dont grow on tree's and its only through sheer luck that they found a spare in 1976 in the gumball rally when they crashed one by accident apparently

but we havent really been able to find out whos car it was or the real reason, only speculation

also I found some more photos of the electrical equipment used on Car 4 here, might have been switched between the two

gallery_471_5_47147.jpg

gallery_471_5_9109.jpg

gallery_471_5_41754.jpg

Actually Hold on a Tick, that's car 1 in this photo from Sons and Lovers...... the last episode of S2, as theres that scratch mark on the leather there I remember identifying awhile ago, and I have this in the folder for Car 4.

so both cars had them then, also I think it switches to car 4 in this same scene like on and off twice, here being car 4

gallery_471_5_13119.jpg

note the cord leading under the seat

and they might have used a different phone for S1 judging by this from the Maze Season 1 in car 4

gallery_471_5_52727.jpg

but this builds onto why we were so unsure about the cars origins until you guys found the frame vins, as the things all over the place detail wise from speedzone to being destroyed in the hot texas weather, to a resto of how it was in speed zone and now here

I mean the damn thing is probably feeling just like Crockett at the end, just cut me a break baby lol

although I will say this much, it might fill in the blanks about Car 4's engine, its engine was also replaced, except during vices run,

anyways heres some extra photos I just took of the phone and the doors on car 1, this should hopefully fill in the blanks, as the phone appears to be a two tone grey and black unit of some sort

gallery_471_5_25759.jpg

gallery_471_5_246792.jpg

transmitter under the seat in car 4

gallery_471_5_28897.jpg

and the door panels of Car 1 here

gallery_471_5_81023.jpg

gallery_471_5_36469.jpg

Edited by Kavinsky