Movies you have seen recently

ArtieRollins

5 minutes ago, Remington said:

With the amount of money that this movie is making and the fact that we don't actually see Michael die, they'll definitely make a sequel. Jamie Lee Curtis returning is a bigger question. It would not surprise me at all if they kill her off and have the granddaughter carry the film.

I think a film in 2002 without Michael could have been done. It'd be tricky but doable. Even if the film was a masterpiece like the original, people would still give it shit because there's no Michael. Hell it could be similar to Resurrection. Just replace Michael with an evil spirit and make the house a mansion or something. And definitely amp up the Halloween setting. Or just don't do a film between 1998 and 2007. Lol or preferably 1998 and 2018.

They’ve already talked about a sequel. They actually were originally going to do two movies with this whole new re-envision of Halloween. However, they decided to go ahead and just do this first one and see how it did it first.  Supposedly, Jamie Lee Curtis has already said she would do another one. However, there is supposedly a thing about bringing back that ridiculous, annoying kid if they do. I am pretty sure they’ll do another one. 

As for a Halloween movie without Michael Myers, I’m sorry but I still say that would not have worked! People would’ve been like—where is Michael Myers? I’m sorry, but it would’ve been like Halloween III: Season of the Witch, LOL. It just would NOT have worked for the Halloween franchise. If you’re going to do a Halloween movie, it has to have Michael Myers! In my opinion it also should have Laurie strode...although there have been many sequels in the past without her. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

They’ve already talked about a sequel. They actually were originally going to do two movies with this whole new re-envision of Halloween. However, they decided to go ahead and just do this first one and see how it did it first.  Supposedly, Jamie Lee Curtis has already said she would do another one. However, there is supposedly a thing about bringing back that ridiculous, annoying kid if they do. I am pretty sure they’ll do another one. 

As for a Halloween movie without Michael Myers, I’m sorry but I still say that would not have worked! People would’ve been like—where is Michael Myers? I’m sorry, but it would’ve been like Halloween III: Season of the Witch, LOL. It just would NOT have worked for the Halloween franchise. If you’re going to do a Halloween movie, it has to have Michael Myers! In my opinion it also should have Laurie strode...although there have been many sequels in the past without her. 

You're more than likely right. At least on the bright side, the original canon would have ended with H20 with Michael finally being defeated by Laurie after an epic showdown. Not getting karate chopped and getting his balls electrocuted by Busta Rhymes

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Remington said:

You're more than likely right. At least on the bright side, the original canon would have ended with H20 with Michael finally being defeated by Laurie after an epic showdown. Not getting karate chopped and getting his balls electrocuted by Busta Rhymes

Lol!!! True that! :)  My planned viewing tomorrow night, in between trick-or-treaters, is the original Halloween—followed by Part II. If I have time this year for H20 and/or Part 4...fine. If not, there’s next year! ;) 

Lol!!! True that! :)  My planned viewing tomorrow night, in between trick-or-treaters, is the original Halloween—followed by Part II. If I have time this year for H20 and/or Part 4...fine. If not, there’s next year! ;) 

Sounds good to me. I'd go Part 4 instead of H20. If just FEELS like Halloween time. BTW what's your opinion on 5 and 6?

Edited by Remington
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Remington said:

Sounds good to me. I'd go Part 4 instead of H20. If just FEELS like Halloween time. BTW what's your opinion on 5 and 6?

I’ll actually go H20 before 4...but, as far as background and ambiance, Illinois definitely will look more fall-ish & Halloween than California ;)...which is where most of H20 takes place. But I do love both! 

As for 5, it was actually a rush job. Part 4 had such high ratings and reviews, because it returned to the whole Michael Myers story line.  So they rushed almost immediately into Part 5. However, since then they have realized that it was a rush job and not very good. The characters and plot are pretty weak compared to 4. 

As for Part 6, I really did not care for the theatrical version that was originally released to theaters. But in the years since, of course most Halloween fans know about the original “Producer’s Cut” and/or also the “Director’s Cut”—which are very different from the theatrical version. I don’t mind the Producers Cut of Part 6…although I still don’t think it’s as good as say Part 4.  But, whichever version of 6 you see, it is still Donald Pleasence’s last. So I do have sentimental views as far as that goes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

I’ll actually go H20 before 4...but, as far as background and ambiance, Illinois definitely will look more fall-ish & Halloween than California ;)...which is where most of H20 takes place. But I do love both! 

As for 5, it was actually a rush job. Part 4 had such high ratings and reviews, because it returned to the whole Michael Myers story line.  So they rushed almost immediately into Part 5. However, since then they have realized that it was a rush job and not very good. The characters and plot are pretty weak compared to 4. 

As for Part 6, I really did not care for the theatrical version that was originally released to theaters. But in the years since, of course most Halloween fans know about the original “Producer’s Cut” and/or also the “Director’s Cut”—which are very different from the theatrical version. I don’t mind the Producers Cut of Part 6…although I still don’t think it’s as good as say Part 4.  But, whichever version of 6 you see, it is still Donald Pleasence’s last. So I do have sentimental views as far as that goes. 

I've got some nostalgia from watching 4 and 5 back to back on AMC during their Fear Fest so I'm biased.

I like 5 overall but it's definitely got some problems. Kind of like the latest film, it does a lot of things perfectly but some important factors just aren't handled very well, the writing and supporting characters being the biggest. However, Danielle Harris, Pleasance, the score, the cinematography and atmosphere, and the overall tension make it very watchable for me.

I love the producer's cut of 6. I don't care for the theatrical cut at all. I think, apart from 2 and 4, it's the closest in style to the original. Sort of a slow burn type of film. With a better finale and better handling of the Jamie character, it could have been one of the greats. Again, the movie just oozes atmosphere which is one of the most important aspects to a Halloween film. 

Edited by Remington
  • Like 1

Just now, Remington said:

I've got some nostalgia from watching 4 and 5 back to back on AMC during their Fear Fest so I'm biased.

I like 5 overall but it's definitely got some problems. Kind of like the latest film, it does a lot of things perfectly but some important factors just aren't handled very well, the writing and supporting characters being the biggest. However, Danielle Harris, Pleasance, the score, the cinematography and atmosphere, and the overall tension make it very watchable for me.

I love the producer's cut of 6. I don't care for the theatrical cut at all. I think, apart from 2 and 4, it's the closest in style to the original. Sort of a slow burn type of film. With a better finale and better handling of the Jamie character, it could have been one of the greats.

Lol...yeah, I remember watching 4 & 5 on the AMC fear fest thing around Halloween time. Good times! But, I originally saw them as VHS rentals...so I first saw the whole movies, and not edited cable versions. Eventually I bought my own VHS copies (which I still have boxed up somewhere), and then DVDs. I still have my DVD copies as my main ones that I watch, and I’ve not really gotten around to getting Blu-rays. 

Believe it or not, I’ve only recently got my first Blu-ray player. I have more than one DVD of it—but my favorite to watch of the original 1978 Halloween is my 25th Anniversary Edition DVD. I know what you’re thinking…a DVD from 2003 is really that good? But I’m telling you what, the quality of picture and sound on either an HD DVD player, or a Blu-ray player, is AMAZING!! The special features included are also outstanding! I’ve looked at the Blu-ray of Halloween online before, and there really isn’t that many special features and it doesn’t look like that great of an acquisition for my collection.  Maybe someday...

My favorite thing to display around this time of year, is the special model of the Myers House that I actually had acquisitioned/made about six years ago. :thumbsup: 

5 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Lol...yeah, I remember watching 4 & 5 on the AMC fear fest thing around Halloween time. Good times! But, I originally saw them as VHS rentals...so I first saw the whole movies, and not edited cable versions. Eventually I bought my own VHS copies (which I still have boxed up somewhere), and then DVDs. I still have my DVD copies as my main ones that I watch, and I’ve not really gotten around to getting Blu-rays. 

Believe it or not, I’ve only recently got my first Blu-ray player. I have more than one DVD of it—but my favorite to watch of the original 1978 Halloween is my 25th Anniversary Edition DVD. I know what you’re thinking…a DVD from 2003 is really that good? But I’m telling you what, the quality of picture and sound on either an HD DVD player, or a Blu-ray player, is AMAZING!! The special features included are also outstanding! I’ve looked at the Blu-ray of Halloween online before, and there really isn’t that many special features and it doesn’t look like that great of an acquisition for my collection.  Maybe someday...

My favorite thing to display around this time of year, is the special model of the Myers House that I actually had acquisitioned/made about six years ago. :thumbsup: 

I've heard good things about the 2003 DVD. I have the Blu-ray from 2013 with the video transfer that was supervised by the films original cinematographer. The image seems "colder" but oh so great. The special features are a letdown though.

I'm still waiting for them to release a Blu-ray combining H1 and H2 into one three hour epic horror film.

Example. The 2013 BR is on the right. 

800px-Halloween_Blu-ray_comparison_(day).png

• Like 1

I've heard good things about the 2003 DVD. I have the Blu-ray from 2013 with the video transfer that was supervised by the films original cinematographer. The image seems "colder" but oh so great. The special features are a letdown though.

I'm still waiting for them to release a Blu-ray combining H1 and H2 into one three hour epic horror film.

Example. The 2013 BR is on the right. 

800px-Halloween_Blu-ray_comparison_(day).png

Cool pics! :thumbsup: However, the Blu-ray one looks somewhat darker. To be honest, I’ve watched a digitally remastered DVD of a movie on an HD DVD player & on a Blu-ray player...as well as a Blu-ray of the same movie on the Blu-ray player, and I don’t see much of a difference. 

I don’t remember my 2003 DVD picture being that greenish or yellowish. The colors and picture quality absolutely “pop” off the screen! But, maybe with some films the Blu-ray has sharper picture quality. I might get the Halloween (1978) Blu-ray sometime, and check out how it compares to my 25th Anniversary Edition DVD. 

My personal favorite viewing of the original Halloween, however, was last year (October 31, 2017) when Halloween was re-released to theaters for the first time since it’s original release. I got to see it on the big-screen with an all new digital remaster of picture and sound!  Sneaking in a couple bottles of Sam Adams Octoberfest, and being able to see that movie on the big screen for the 1st time, was the best Halloween ever!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Cool pics! :thumbsup: However, the Blu-ray one looks somewhat darker. To be honest, I’ve watched a digitally remastered DVD of a movie on an HD DVD player & on a Blu-ray player...as well as a Blu-ray of the same movie on the Blu-ray player, and I don’t see much of a difference. 

I don’t remember my 2003 DVD picture being that greenish or yellowish. The colors and picture quality absolutely “pop” off the screen! But, maybe with some films the Blu-ray has sharper picture quality. I might get the Halloween (1978) Blu-ray sometime, and check out how it compares to my 25th Anniversary Edition DVD. 

My personal favorite viewing of the original Halloween, however, was last year (October 31, 2017) when Halloween was re-released to theaters for the first time since it’s original release. I got to see it on the big-screen with an all new digital remaster of picture and sound!  Sneaking in a couple bottles of Sam Adams Octoberfest, and being able to see that movie on the big screen for the 1st time, was the best Halloween ever!! :thumbsup:

God that sounds awesome. I missed a showing of it last week. I'm still mad about that lol.

Yeah the image is darker for sure but apparently that was the intention. I'm not sure which DVD that image comes from. It's probably pre-2003.

• Like 1

God that sounds awesome. I missed a showing of it last week. I'm still mad about that lol.

Yeah the image is darker for sure but apparently that was the intention. I'm not sure which DVD that image comes from. It's probably pre-2003.

The darker image is probably supposed to be more “true” color and/or picture. Sometime I’ll have to get the Blu-ray and compare. 

Yeah, I’m glad I got to see the original how it was intended to be on the big-screen. It was not a sold-out, full theater that night by any means (that was actually okay with me), but there were enough viewers that it was still fun & awesome to see & hear people jump and yell out in fear! Some guy, who was probably around 60, said out loud to his wife partway through “This movie still makes me jump!” Goes to show, you don’t need a bunch of blood and guts or wild special-effects to get a point across. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ViceFanMan said:

The darker image is probably supposed to be more “true” color and/or picture. Sometime I’ll have to get the Blu-ray and compare. 

Yeah, I’m glad I got to see the original how it was intended to be on the big-screen. It was not a sold-out, full theater that night by any means (that was actually okay with me), but there were enough viewers that it was still fun & awesome to see & hear people jump and yell out in fear! Some guy, who was probably around 60, said out loud to his wife partway through “This movie still makes me jump!” Goes to show, you don’t need a bunch of blood and guts or wild special-effects to get a point across. 

There is one scene in the new one that definitely made me jump a bit. The part where the kid finds the cop by the bus crash. I think when the movie isn't focusing on the granddaughters friends and the new doctor, it was pretty strong. 

And don't get me started on the score. Just flawless. 

https://youtu.be/m8H3M0DDWDs

• Like 1

There is one scene in the new one that definitely made me jump a bit. The part where the kid finds the cop by the bus crash. I think when the movie isn't focusing on the granddaughters friends and the new doctor, it was pretty strong. 

And don't get me started on the score. Just flawless. 

https://youtu.be/m8H3M0DDWDs

There were a couple scenes in H40 that did make me jump...the one you mentioned is one for sure. But I didn’t like it when Michael killed that kid...I wish he had been the kid to somehow survive. He seemed smarter and more believable than the babysitter kid. 

Overall though, I really wasn’t that scared by it. It really didn’t make me jump that match. In fact it was fairly predictable. I just was really disappointed…it wasn’t really that scary, just gross with all the ridiculous kills. But yes, the musical score and theme were awesome, and so was Jamie Lee Curtis! 

There were a few odes so-to-speak, to previous sequels, however. I did like some of those as well. Such as the name Elrod...the lady the pudgy kid yells out to (Mrs. Elrod), that he’s sorry for being in her yard...before Michael of course kills him. If you remember, the Elrods were the elderly neighbors of the girl in Halloween II that Michael steals the knife from at the very beginning of the movie...that he subsequently uses to kill the girl. :p 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ViceFanMan said:

There were a couple scenes in H40 that did make me jump...the one you mentioned is one for sure. But I didn’t like it when Michael killed that kid...I wish he had been the kid to somehow survive. He seemed smarter and more believable than the babysitter kid. 

Overall though, I really wasn’t that scared by it. It really didn’t make me jump that match. In fact it was fairly predictable. I just was really disappointed…it wasn’t really that scary, just gross with all the ridiculous kills. But yes, the musical score and theme were awesome, and so was Jamie Lee Curtis! 

There were a few odes so-to-speak, to previous sequels, however. I did like some of those as well. Such as the name Elrod...the lady the pudgy kid yells out to (Mrs. Elrod), that he’s sorry for being in her yard...before Michael of course kills him. If you remember, the Elrods were the elderly neighbors of the girl in Halloween II that Michael steals the knife from at the very beginning of the movie...that he subsequently uses to kill the girl. :p 

Honesty, after Zombie's H2 it was pretty tame in comparison for which I'm grateful. 

Yeah lot of nods to the other sequels:

.H2:The Elrod scene you mentioned. Also, the scene where Michael is walking around the neighborhood and grabs the hammer and knife.

.H3:When Laurie runs by the kids in the skeleton, witch, and pumpkin masks. Exactly like the ones from that film.

.H4:The scene of the podcast guy at the gas station. 

.H5:the two bumbling cops.

.H6:the doctor mentions something about a marching order on Michael's being. I'm taking that as a nod to the Thorn symbol. Controversially, I liked that concept. Also, the head explosion. 

.H20:the bathroom scene and basically the plot lol.

.Resurrection:the podcast guy sees Resurrection Church or something on the van at the gas station. 

.H 2007:I actually can't think of anything. 

.H2 2009:Alyson saying that Michael said one word. I might be stretching this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Remington said:

Honesty, after Zombie's H2 it was pretty tame in comparison for which I'm grateful. 

Yeah lot of nods to the other sequels:

.H2:The Elrod scene you mentioned. Also, the scene where Michael is walking around the neighborhood and grabs the hammer and knife.

.H3:When Laurie runs by the kids in the skeleton, witch, and pumpkin masks. Exactly like the ones from that film.

.H4:The scene of the podcast guy at the gas station. 

.H5:the two bumbling cops.

.H6:the doctor mentions something about a marching order on Michael's being. I'm taking that as a nod to the Thorn symbol. Controversially, I liked that concept. Also, the head explosion. 

.H20:the bathroom scene and basically the plot lol.

.Resurrection:the podcast guy sees Resurrection Church or something on the van at the gas station. 

.H 2007:I actually can't think of anything. 

.H2 2009:Alyson saying that Michael said one word. I might be stretching this one.

Lol...yeah, lots of nods. I wouldn’t really remember or know about Rob Zombie’s movie’s nods, though.  But yeah, a lot of other cool odes to other sequels! :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Lol...yeah, lots of nods. I wouldn’t really remember or know about Rob Zombie’s movie’s nods, though.  But yeah, a lot of other cool odes to other sequels! :thumbsup: 

I'm actually thinking about rewatching H2 2009 tomorrow. It's been at least seven years so I should probably see if it's improved for me somewhat.

Also, I wish they would have kept H2 canon in the new film and just brought Jamie Lloyd back instead of Judy Greer.

3 minutes ago, Remington said:

I'm actually thinking about rewatching H2 2009 tomorrow. It's been at least seven years so I should probably see if it's improved for me somewhat.

Also, I wish they would have kept H2 canon in the new film and just brought Jamie Lloyd back instead of Judy Greer.

Good luck with watching either of Rob Zombie’s movies. ;)  I’ll never own nor watch either of those movies...only saw the first one and it was so horrible, that I never went and saw the second one. But from what I heard it was just as bad. 

I wish that they would’ve kept Part II canon as well with the new film. But, the character of Jamie Lloyd didn’t show up till Part 4. And supposedly in that movie the character of Laurie Strode had died in a car accident several years before. 

• Like 1

Good luck with watching either of Rob Zombie’s movies. ;)  I’ll never own nor watch either of those movies...only saw the first one and it was so horrible, that I never went and saw the second one. But from what I heard it was just as bad. 

I wish that they would’ve kept Part II canon as well with the new film. But, the character of Jamie Lloyd didn’t show up till Part 4. And supposedly in that movie the character of Laurie Strode had died in a car accident several years before. 

True. I just know Danielle Harris loves doing these movies and says she'd gladly come back. And after watching this, I'd be ecstatic lol:

https://youtu.be/B4BtWDY6N3A

• Like 1

True. I just know Danielle Harris loves doing these movies and says she'd gladly come back. And after watching this, I'd be ecstatic lol:

https://youtu.be/B4BtWDY6N3A

Actress Kyle Richards, who was Lindsay Wallace in the original movie, practically begged producers to create a part for her as an adult in the new movie...but they refused. They brought back Tommy Doyle as an adult in 6, but it wasn’t Brian Andrews. It’d be awesome if they’d bring back those two characters as adults in a new Halloween sequel! 

Just now, ViceFanMan said:

Actress Kyle Richards, who was Lindsay Wallace in the original movie, practically begged producers to create a part for her as an adult in the new movie...but they refused. They brought back Tommy Doyle as an adult in 6, but it wasn’t Brian Andrews. It’d be awesome if they’d bring back those two characters as adults in a new Halloween sequel! 

Fun fact:the girl driving Rachel and Jamie in Part 4 is supposed to be Lyndsay Wallace and the blonde short haired boy is supposed to be Tommy.

Fun fact:the girl driving Rachel and Jamie in Part 4 is supposed to be Lyndsay Wallace and the blonde short haired boy is supposed to be Tommy.

I do kind of remember thinking that the girl driving Rachel and Jamie in Part 4 was maybe supposed to be Lindsay…but was it stated for sure? Don’t remember the blonde haired boy...do you mean the dork who tries asking out the slutty sheriff’s daughter??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

I do kind of remember thinking that the girl driving Rachel and Jamie in Part 4 was maybe supposed to be Lindsay…but was it stated for sure? Don’t remember the blonde haired boy...do you mean the dork who tries asking out the slutty sheriff’s daughter??

It said so in one of the scripts so for me it's official lol.

Tommy is the kid standing by Brady.

1474776-tommy_doyle__28h4_29.jpg

• Like 1

It said so in one of the scripts so for me it's official lol.

Tommy is the kid standing by Brady.

1474776-tommy_doyle__28h4_29.jpg

Okay...well maybe they originally intended for these characters to be Lindsay & Tommy as teens, but they didn’t end up really stating or clarifying that, lol. Kyle Richards has continued acting over the years, but not sure about Brian Andrews (however he was interviewed and included in the special Halloween documentary of all the films—prior to Zombie taking over and practically destroying the franchise)? But, it’d be cool to see those actors as their original characters as adults in a new Halloween sequel!

2 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Okay...well maybe they originally intended for these characters to be Lindsay & Tommy as teens, but they didn’t end up really stating or clarifying that, lol. Kyle Richards has continued acting over the years, but not sure about Brian Andrews (however he was interviewed and included in the special Halloween documentary of all the films—prior to Zombie taking over and practically destroying the franchise)? But, it’d be cool to see those actors as their original characters as adults in a new Halloween sequel!

That would be cool. I'm hoping that since the new Halloween is making a ton of cash, that they'll get their shit together and get Friday the 13th and Elm Street going again. Although, I hated the Elm Street remake. Robert Englund recently said that he may have one more film in him. The F13 remake I thought was pretty decent but I'd like the next one set in the 80s.