Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

The Nobody’s, an American punk band from Colorado, released the album “No Guarantees” on August 8, 1984 — this is from that album a very Vice feel too. The main single appeared in the episode “Buddies”  filmed in mid August 1985. The Nobody’s Lp - only is considered rare as they only released this one album. This song “I Dont Mind” would have fitted well into a Season 2 episode. You can hear elements of The Reds here ( 3 songs in “Rites of Passage”) and The Reds were reportedly a favourite of Michael Mann at that time in the mid 80s.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

A big influence on the Rolling Stones and Eric Clapton. The birth of Rock and Roll —deep blues- the wonderful Chuck Berry. Many of his catchy songs would have worked in the lighter Season 1 and 2 episodes. Elvis worked so well in “Made for Each Other”  from Season 1 in 1985 directed by Rob Cohen with extensive filming done in North Beach and North Miami for the fine episode.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2016 at 7:09 PM, ArtieRollins said:

It sure did, that, and it made me a big fan of Talk Talk. 

I Loved driving through Vice City during night time, listening to its perfect soundtrack. Even the talk radio show was entertaining, the commercials (hilarious stuff), no other GTA game at least for me comes close.

Another great Talk Talk number, Tomorrow Started from their 1984 album, It's My Life. I guess it probably have more of a Miami Vice feel to it than Life's What You Make, and it is a shame they never released it as a single.

When GTA VI comes out next year returning to Vice City, even though it will most certainly be taking place in current time and not the 80s, I hope they'll include some 80s radio station at least so we can drive around Vice City with the GTA Vice City nostalgia but much better graphics :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Veres said:

When GTA VI comes out next year returning to Vice City, even though it will most certainly be taking place in current time and not the 80s, I hope they'll include some 80s radio station at least so we can drive around Vice City with the GTA Vice City nostalgia but much better graphics :)

Hope you will be right :)

While we waiting I am playing regularly this Vice City Stories OST :D

Skits(especially the millitary styles) are very funny too,  :D :D

from 34:00 : "Lets evacuate theze Bitches!!!" and then the songs starts :D 

Edited by Kalci
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kalci said:

Hope you will be right :)

While we waiting I am playing regularly this Vice City Stories OST :D

Skits(especially the millitary styles) are very funny too,  :D :D

from 34:00 : "Lets evacuate theze Bitches!!!" and then the songs starts :D 

Very good — thank you for posting!

• Like 1

This would be great in season 1 during a car chase scene, with Sonny trying to catch a bad guy.

"And you're just another hero riding through the night
Riding through the city, trying to lose your fight
Oh, another hero, another hero"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some great song selections here, bravo guys. Alexander O'neal is my favorite R&B singer and I'm proud to say I've seen him perform live twice. Lionel Ritchie is another favorite too. Also, "Broken Wings" is in my unofficial "late night cruise" playlist (along with "Father Figure" by George Michael).

Here's one that might've worked in seasons 4&5, for a scene where Crockett is just driving around lost in thought (perhaps in the episode where he's on his motorcycle and gets away from work after regaining his memory).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Some great song selections here, bravo guys. Alexander O'neal is my favorite R&B singer and I'm proud to say I've seen him perform live twice. Lionel Ritchie is another favorite too. Also, "Broken Wings" is in my unofficial "late night cruise" playlist (along with "Father Figure" by George Michael).

Here's one that might've worked in seasons 4&5, for a scene where Crockett is just driving around lost in thought (perhaps in the episode where he's on his motorcycle and gets away from work after regaining his memory).

Alexander O Neal and Lionel Richie are the best.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 1:53 PM, RedDragon86 said:

This might have worked in the pilot when the girls are playing beach volleyball, during the death of Leon.

This song would have worked well in the first 11 or so episodes of the first Season.

• Like 1

Gang of Four - Not Great Men (1979)

Their bass player Dave Allen formed Shriekback alongside Barry Andrews 2 years after this album.

I think he is one of the greatest bassists ever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Gang of Four - Not Great Men (1979)

Their bass player Dave Allen formed Shriekback alongside Barry Andrews 2 years after this album.

I think he is one of the greatest bassists ever.

Very cool!

In case Red’s link doesn’t work for someone else besides me:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

The lengthy intro without any lyrics could have easily started off an episode.

This is 1986, so season 2.

I love it. Spot on!

The lyrics part has a season 3-4 vibe too

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

A perfect fit for later Season 3 and more so Season 4.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Thank you for posting!

• Like 1