Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

On 9/25/2022 at 2:56 PM, RedDragon86 said:

A loving song for Gina & Sonny. (1985)

A song about a woman who's tired of waiting for the man she loves to return to her even though she still loves him.

I LOVE this song. I never understood why it wasn't a bigger hit (in the US anyways)

• Like 2

Since Joe Williams was mentioned, gotta throw this song in. Definitely more of a season 1-2 style song. Would've been perfect for a nightlcub scene.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Night drive scene) Tangerine Dream  - Love on the real train (1983)

Good one!

In case the video is “unavailable” for anyone besides me, try this:

• Like 2

On 11/22/2022 at 10:59 PM, Dadrian said:

Good one @buford_t

@Marc by any chance do you have a “Songs that should’ve played on Vice” Spotify playlist? I would join Spotify for that alone. :) 

yeah I have this main one but it's full with all kinds of stuff (322 songs) where I might only like 20 seconds or an intro of a track. 

I've also got some YouTube playlists of songs not on Spotify that I made awhile back with the ultimate aim to make a 90 minute chronological order megamix of songs never used in the show. I'd have to learn how to cut beats up and learn to use either ableton, cubase or logic which I don't have much free time for.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2MdH9RCQCF5fOAHnpAVI3k_Ygn5XdS8J

I'll be honest and say there's a lot of crap in this one mainly so I could bookmark bands and hope they could lead me to find have other good releases.

• Thanks 2

I would have forced this into an episode somehow even if only hidden in the background.

This obscure 1994 William Orbit remix for the other 90's thread definitely has it's moments.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

At the end of "Freefall" but the lyrics would have to fit with different scenes.

Much more heartfelt, serious moments chosen. Example would be seeing May Ying departing or Evan dying, Sonny killing Hackman or Hank Weldon leaning out of the door etc. Looking back on the clips they did put together, they were really poor.

Nick Drake - Day is Done

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

At the end of "Freefall" but the lyrics would have to fit with different scenes.

Much more heartfelt, serious moments chosen. Example would be seeing May Ying departing or Evan dying, Sonny killing Hackman or Hank Weldon leaning out of the door etc. Looking back on the clips they did put together, they were really poor.

Nick Drake - Day is Done

Excellent choice RD! I agree with your comments. And also a very merry Christmas to you! And don't forget Thursday, have the tranqullisers ready :)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

Excellent choice RD! I agree with your comments. And also a very merry Christmas to you! And don't forget Thursday, have the tranqullisers ready :)

Merry Christmas to you too wolfie :)

Y.N.W.A

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...