Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

Lindsey Buckingham’s “Holiday Road.” I wanted this to be funny, but it kind of works. “National Lampoon’s Vacation” premiered 40 years ago today, July 29, 1983!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whether you realize it or not, many of the songs in the first three seasons fit the bill so well because some of the same instruments were used as the ones Jan Hammer was using for the score. 

This U2 track opens up with the ubiquitous Yamaha DX7 electric piano sound, continues with various ambiences (including Lexicon reverb), and even has the fabled Fairlight CMI orchestra hits during the instrumental break.

It bears every element of a Miami Vice teaser, and would have perfectly set the tone for a great episode. 

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire (1984)

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Marc said:

1989, just squeezes in. I'd use everything up until the vocals come in.

Ahh some classic shoegaze. I actually have this CD and forgotten how great it was. 

the intro to this to start an episode.

Phil Manzanera. Born 31st January 1951, London. Guitarist and producer, having shot to prominence in the early '70's as the lead guitarist with the seminal band, Roxy Music.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...