The Blooper Thread

timm525

When Irish Eyes are CryingIn the episode, When Irish Eyes are Crying, Has anyone noticed the boom mic in the floor of Max Klizer's office when he sets down behind his desk? It is so obvious and it is seen for several seconds. I can't believe that it got by the editors.

In the episode' date=' When Irish Eyes are Crying, Has anyone noticed the boom mic in the floor of Max Klizer's office when he sets down behind his desk? It is so obvious and it is seen for several seconds. I can't believe that it got by the editors.[/quote']No chance for the editors to save this if all takes from this scene have the same flaw. The director (Mario DiLeo) and the DP/first cameraman should have noticed!Miracle Maneven worse than above. A guy from the lightning crew with a lamp and an ID card around his neck is standing in the left background in the final scene when Izzy´s cousin dies. First I thought the guy is part of the TV team entering, but the TV team entered from the right and would not have used an ID card for obvious reasons. I´m sure the editor also noticed that but at editing it was too late.LombardCrockett and Tubbs visit Lombard in hospital. After they go, the doors closes behind them while Lombard talks to his guys. Then cut to a different angle (guys still talking) and the door which was already closed is again halfway open and closes again loudly. I watched this scene thouroughly to see what could have been fixed. No chance that the editor could have saved this! Because a dialogue is ongoing he could not cut to the other angle fast enough. Here you have the editor choice either screwing up the background (door continuity) or the foreground (the conversation of actors). They would have needed to re-shoot the whole scene to fix this which is costly, so they decided to sacrifice the background continuity! Here the ADs (and the director) are to blame, the are responsible for such a continuity issue. They should have known that you cannot change angles during a conversation while the background that is seen in both angles changes.

Not sure if I catagorize this as a blooper or saving a few bucks on film?When Crockett and Tubbs take the Boat to the Bahamas in Calderone's Return, you see Crockett is driving on the Starboard side (which is correct) Russ Ballards "Voices" is heard in this fabulous shots of the boat crashing through a calm ocean ripple. After the shoothout etc they are done and decide to come home to Miami, and the boat is facing the other way (headed back to Miami) with "What's Love got to do with it" playing in the background. If you look very closely it is stock footage of the original boat scene only that the negative is reversed!Crockett is now driving the boat on the port side and Tubbs in on the starboard side. Very obvious if you look closely.Then just before the recollection of Tubbs love scene as they flash between boat and bedroom, they switch back to the regular boat stock footage again with Crockett driving in the correct seat again?I suppose they did this to save money?

Brother's KeeperAfter Maria has known about Eddie's death, she starts to cry in Crockett's arms. She pulls his blazer a little away from his right shoulder and you can see that he's wearing a sleeveless tshirt.He obviously didn't change the blazer and also the tshirt is stained when he shows up late at Caroline's but in the entire part that follows, Crockett wears a short sleeved tshirt.

• 3 weeks later...

One of my personal favorites:

Bad Timing

When they are at the "small town" bar, yet you can clearly see downtown Miami in the background of a few shots.

badtimingblooper.png.d27eb9e72b550ac06987df56ebf0ba5f.png

On the right side of the pic, you can actually glimpse the iconic Miami tower, which is the defining building of Miami's skyline.

===============================================================

Two bloopers that I originally posted at the old Vice-Files website (where are you, Stefan Nylen???):

The Great McCarthy

1. In the pool game, the yellow ball is hit into the pocket two or three times.

2. After the pool game, Crockett says with a big smile to Tubbs, "Remember, we're racing tomorrow." It is night-time. Then there is a daytime OCB scene and the daytime college professor scene. Then there is the night-time love scene with Rico & Vanessa. Then it's race day. So, the race did not happen the next day.

Edited by airtommy

Badge Of Dishonour at 45.53 the scene straight after Montana is shot. The writing on the building is back to front(reverse). Then at 46.53 same shot of building but the writing on the building is the correct way around. "UNCLE SAMS JEWFLRY" :confused::confused:

This might be a blooper too. At least on the German DVD.Sonny handed over his car key as the car was the prize for the game in case he would loose. But after he won the game he left the room without reclaiming his key.

Just re-watched the episode again and noticed that Sonny DID NOT give the keys to him. He just grabbed a cue and started to play pool.Look again.......................

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

"Hit List" After the hit in the limo the kid gets the drop on the Argentinian. If you watch closely the hitman raises his hands with the shotgun, then after the scene changes, as the kids yells "drop it! drop it!" he raises them again."Glades" When Zito walks into the safehouse and changes the TV channel on Joey Bramlette he turns the knob 3 clicks left and 3 clicks right which would bring it right back to where it was and yet there is a different show playing.

"Made For Each Other"In the end of the episode, Noogie's wedding, we see Noogie waiting for Izzy. And then we see Sonny sitting.First we see this:Eingefügtes BildThen he leaves with Gina, Trudy and TubbsEingefügtes BildAnd then he's still in the same spotEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• 3 weeks later...
Heart of DarknessWhen Crockett and Tubbs are getting ready for the meeting with Kovacs, Crockett takes the perfume bottle and he's wearing the watch; then he checks the $ banknotes and he doesn't have it.Then he's seen wearing it.

• 2 months later...
The MazeThis is a famous one: Crockett talks to Castillo about the time the Escobars gave to the police, but that happens before they actually give it.Calderone's return part IWhen Tubbs goes to the Argentinian appartment, his clothes are wet in different ways (presumably because he sweats)Victims of CircumstanceSometimes you see people being observed, as if the camera were inside a car and we have the observer's view. But it's clearly a fake car. And when Crockett and Tubbs are being observed by it (I believe when they find another dead man) the car should be a spaceship, as the camera floats a bit.Miami SqueezeAt the end, when Castillo is at the hospital, you have an external take of the hospital, and you see fake rain. Maybe it was because Crockett talks to Castillo afterwards and indeed there was rain.

• 2 months later...

CALDERONE'S RETURN. "HIT LIST"When C&T pull over Linus Oliver in his car, they get out to talk to him. Crockett tries, and eventually hangs his sunglasses on his jacket pocket. Tubbs takes his sunglasses off, and puts it in his inside jacket pocket.Camera angle changes to their backs, and Crockett, ONCE AGAIN hangs his sunglasses on his jacket pocket, and ONCE AGAIN, Tubbs takes his sunglasses off, and puts it in his inside jacket pocket.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if these really qualify for bloopers, but...1. In "Child's Play" when the credits are rolling at the beginning of the epiosde, Isaac Hayes' name is spelled incorrectly "Issac Hayes".2. In "Lend Me An Ear" when Sonny, Rico & Switek are leaving Dykstra's mansion after they have planted the bugs. When they pass underneath the red sensor beam, if you look carefully you can actually see that this is the same footage they used when they infiltrated the house. It is just a rewind. I'm pretty sure about this.

Don't know if these really qualify for bloopers' date=' but...1. In "Child's Play" when the credits are rolling at the beginning of the epiosde, Isaac Hayes' name is spelled incorrectly "Issac Hayes".2. In "Lend Me An Ear" when Sonny, Rico & Switek are leaving Dykstra's mansion after they have planted the bugs. When they pass underneath the red sensor beam, if you look carefully you can actually see that this is the same footage they used when they infiltrated the house. It is just a rewind. I'm pretty sure about this.[/quote']Interesting observations Jimmy! :tasse_prost:
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

In COOL RUNN'IN, when Noogie is thrown onto the hood of Crockett's Daytona, after they catch him (after he ditched C&T at the bar), Tubbs searches Noogie. Tubbs has Carerra shades on in all the shots, BUT one shot shows him searching noogie WITHOUT his sunglasses, then the next shot he's wearing them again for the remainder of all the scenes!This is the scene it's in.Eingefügtes Bild

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
Theresa@ 4746, at the very end of the show before the credits roll you see Sonny sitting in his car on a stake out. Switek comes across the walkie talkie and says "Sonny you got anything?" Sonny replies "it's all quiet on this side."If you look at the way Sonny is holding the walkie talkie, it is backward. He is speaking into the back of the radio where the battery and belt clip is. The front side which has the speaker/mic your supposed to talk into just under the word Motorola is facing toward the front. Perhaps Motorola was a limited sponsor and wanted their name briefly shown or perhaps this was just a blooper.I have used Motorola walkie talkies for almost 15 years now and I know that he is holding that radio backwards. The mic key is at his right index finger.We once did a mass casualty drill at the hospital and one of the self important VPs was using one of our radios. No one could make out what she was trying to say until on of our guys was standing next to her and watched her key the mic and speak into the back of the radio. He politely had to turn her hand around for her so she could speak into the microphone and not the battery! :)Anyone else notice this? Check it out at 4746 on the DVD.Eingefügtes Bild
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Bloopers in Vice EpisodesLet's see how many bloopers can we find from season 1 - 5I'll start with a couple of very obvious ones.In Yankee Dollar when Sonny drives his stewardess girlfriend to her house,we see him fold down the seat on the passenger side of the Ferrari to get her suitcase behind the seat. The two walk to the house, chat briefly at the front door, and when Sonny returns to his car, the passenger seat is back in the upright position.In Buddies Sonny is wearing a black T-shirt under his white jacket while having a argument with his army buddy, Robbie. When Robbie leaves through a back door,realizing what has happened Sonny pursues him in the Ferrari - now wearing a white T-shirt under his jacketThere is still quite a few, can u spot the knots?Later

• Administrators

I merged your thread into this one.Don't forget to check out our glossary section on this.We have some more in there with screen shots.Click ---> here

• 2 weeks later...

Check out this blooper:In "Give a Little, Take a Little", at 1:32 (just after the bus passes by) we see familiar MV actor Giancarlo Esposito. Why? This is a clip from the NEXT EPISODE!!! In the opening scene of "Little Prince", Esposito is the dealer who Gina & Trudy find on the street and rope into a drug deal.I wonder if Esposito got paid for this ep. I should call his agent and tell him to sue Universal. :D:D:D

In Florence Italy when the prostitute get's thrown out of the car and later when Sonny and Rico arrives at the scene to check on her, u can clearly see that's it's a dummy.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone else noticed this or not yet and I mentioned it in the episode threads, but in "Streetwise" when Sonny jumps over roof of the Testarossa in the shootout scene at Bill Paxton's cop-over-his-head's house toward the end of the show, it's plainly obvious that it's not the real Ferrari because the rearview mirror on the driver's door is not there. Wish I could do a screencap. Never noticed it until a few days ago while rewatching that ep.

• 3 weeks later...

FREEFALLCrockett is wearing TWO types of footwear: one-inside OCB, another in the street :DIt made me think about kindergarten or primary school, where people have to change footwear before enteringThe first printscreen: Crockett at his lockerEingefügtes BildThe Second: in the carEingefügtes Bild

FREEFALLWhen Crockett and Tubbs threw their badges on the ground, there was something like a small stone between them. When Castillo picked them up, the stone disappeared and the badges were lying a bit differentlyEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildno stone!Eingefügtes Bild

I'm betting the car one was just stock footage that was reused. Good eye!

or nobody payed attention that the shoes/boots (by the way, what is the name for them?!) where different in different days