The Blooper Thread

timm525

Some weapon bloopersI don't remember which episode belonged to each specific blooper, but some are quite interesting:1. When Sonny and Tubbs were buying some heavy duty artillery, there was the mention of their interest in 82mm mortars. The correct calibre/size was actually 81 mm.2. When Tubbs was shot at by the M60 Machine gun, from the back of the van, Tubbs was quite pissed off and said that it ruined his day to be shot at by .30 calibre machine gun. The correct calibre is .308 winchester. The M1 carbine shot the .30 bullet.3. Not sure if this is a blooper or not, but I recall when Tubbs and Sonny went to a gun range to look for the hired killer, by the teacher that was raped. At the range, many of the guys at the range were shooting full auto rifles. I did not live in the USA in the 80's, and not sure of the laws then, but I was just curious on where you can shoot full auto weapons here and now, vs in the 80s, at least legally. The only place in DFW Texas, that you can shoot full auto weapons in DFW gunrange, and you have to rent them there.

• 2 months later...

Perhaps it's not a real blooper, but I've noticed that the Ferrari logo metal tag is sometimes located in different positions respect to the front lights.(The pics quality is not the best, but you should see it anyway)BuddiesEingefügtes BildThe Dutch OvenEingefügtes Bild

I noticed something today.Question: In the pilot episode, at the start of the episode in his classic white jacket, blue shirt, white pants combo, is Crockett wearing a blue tank top (sleeveless shirt), or is it a t-shirt?Answer: Both. When Crockett tells Maria that Eddie was killed, he tries to hug her in her grief. His jacket slips off his right arm just a bit to clearly reveal a sleeveless shirt. Later, when he shows up at Billy's party, and talking to Caroline on the couch, he has a t-shirt with sleeves.

I noticed this a long ago... :p;)

Brother's KeeperAfter Maria has known about Eddie's death' date=' she starts to cry in Crockett's arms. She pulls his blazer a little away from his right shoulder and you can see that he's wearing a sleeveless tshirt.He obviously didn't change the blazer and also the tshirt is stained when he shows up late at Caroline's but in the entire part that follows, Crockett wears a short sleeved tshirt.[/quote'] (I'm joking Coop, you know I often pause the DVD to read the subtitles and that gives me more chances to notice bloopers!!!).Here's a new oneScore At the hotel, before leaving with Candy, Szarbo puts some banknotes in the front pocket of Sonny's jacket and the banknotes emerge a little bit. In the next shot the banknotes are not visible anymore.

I noticed something today.Question: In the pilot episode' date=' at the start of the episode in his classic white jacket, blue shirt, white pants combo, is Crockett wearing a blue tank top (sleeveless shirt), or is it a t-shirt?Answer: Both. When Crockett tells Maria that Eddie was killed, he tries to hug her in her grief. His jacket slips off his right arm just a bit to clearly reveal a sleeveless shirt. Later, when he shows up at Billy's party, and talking to Caroline on the couch, he has a t-shirt with sleeves.[/quote'] I noticed that too the last time I saw it!Also, I don't know if it's just the DVD I have, but in 'Whatever Works' - Crockett's top looks light aqua-green when he is yelling at Castillo about getting his Ferrari back & also the shootout with Rivera's men. But when he goes inside the house, it looks a tad darker and a bit more blue?

• 3 weeks later...

EPISODE: FREE VERSEIt is a scene towards the end of the show. Sonny uses infrared binoculars to watch Hector approaching the entrance to the beach house, to meet with his daughter's kidnappers. However, when Rico picks up the binoculars to watch him, Hector is seen further away, approaching from an entirely different angle.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this one is not an accidental blooper-however it still doesn't look like what the producers intended lol-Have you guys seen the car explosion in the second part of Calderone's saga? Sonny and Rico are being chased by the thugs on the island, their car drives into the water........partially submerges.....pause........explodes!!!! lol Was that explosion really suppose to look like that? I'm coparing it with the other expolsions on the show like when the meth lab blows up, or daytona, or any other ones, are usually very well done with real fire, piro-effects, and this...lolWhenever I'm watching this part I'm always checking if nobody is walking thru the room in tham moment cuz it's just a little bit too..."cheezy" ... :sick:

Guest MetroVice

Golden Triangle S1-E13This isn't so much a blooper as it is an oversight (if even that much), but in season one, ep 13, Golden Triangle, Tubbs runs out to the front parking lot of the Chinese restaurant to tell Crockett who is just arriving in the Ferrari, to meet them around back. Crockett is backing up to drive around the rear and you hear a distinctively different exhaust sound coming from the Ferrari as he backs up and then speeds away (around 43:55). It sounds to me like the actual exhaust of the kit car used in the show, which was just a V8 Corvette. It is the ONLY time I know of where you hear what the faux-Ferrari really sounds like.Been meaning to post this for months now but had to find exactly where it was I saw it :radar:

Guest MetroVice

Ford Fairmont Explosion

I know this one is not an accidental blooper-however it still doesn't look like what the producers intended lol-Have you guys seen the car explosion in the second part of Calderone's saga? Sonny and Rico are being chased by the thugs on the island' date=' their car drives into the water........partially submerges.....pause........explodes!!!! lol Was that explosion really suppose to look like that? I'm coparing it with the other expolsions on the show like when the meth lab blows up, or daytona, or any other ones, are usually very well done with real fire, piro-effects, and this...lolWhenever I'm watching this part I'm always checking if nobody is walking thru the room in tham moment cuz it's just a little bit too..."cheezy" ... :sick:[/quote'] I recall that particular explosion because I also thought it was a pretty cheesy reproduction, as if they simply filmed a firecracker going off at the surface of the water. Albeit, it was just a lowly Ford Fairmont they trashed but I really thought they would have done a way better job of simulating this event. Perhaps we are led to believe it was the result of all the shooting the bad guys were doing as they chased them through town, reminiscent of a 1970's Pinto with the inherent exploding fuel tank.It's always made me laugh when I see a simple car crash on TV or in the movies result in an explosion, even more-so in this case because all they did was drive into the water. Since when does driving into the water cause your entire car to EXPLODE???Oh well . . .

EXPLODE???Oh well . . .

Exactly! lolFirst they are not trashing a lambo, just some junker....Secondly -firecracker on the water, c'mon lol -did the budget really run outThirdly-just like you said - since when do the cars explode in contact with water?????or from the shooting at their trunk???? (since gas tank is already under water plus they are shooting at the back lol)

since when do the cars explode in contact with water?????or from the shooting at their trunk???? (since gas tank is already under water plus they are shooting at the back lol)

I used to go to gun shows in the 80's, and while there, there was a video for sale that showed guns and explosives and showed what hollywood does, and if it can really be done in the real world. One of the things Hollywood shows time and again is someone shooting a gun at a gas tank on a car, or any gas canister, and it explodes. The video tried to duplicate this with a full tank, half a tank, nearly empty tank with just fumes, and shot the crap out of it with various guns and ammo, and it never exploded, or even caught fire. It's all Hollywood!

Guest MetroVice

Movie/TV Myths and Explosions

I used to go to gun shows in the 80's' date=' and while there, there was a video for sale that showed guns and explosives and showed what hollywood does, and if it can really be done in the real world.[/quote'] MythBusters even had an episode dedicated to "Movie Myths". One of which was the ol' car exploding because someone shot it, or even going over a cliff and/or crashing.None of these tests resulted in ANY of the cars exploding or remotely catching fire in any fashion.:cool:I can say I have shot a few cars in my time and although I wish some of them had exploded, NONE of them ever did.

Since when does driving into the water cause your entire car to EXPLODE??? . .

I have another (humorous) question: when something explodes in water, fish die. Why are Crockett and Tubbs alive? (though they are not fish) :D :D :D

I have another (humorous) question: when something explodes in water' date=' fish die. Why are Crockett and Tubbs alive? (though they are not fish) :D :D :D[/quote']Because they are fishermen!:)

You mean' date=' they fish with dynamite :D and thus it doesn't affect them?[/quote']yeah, something like it...:) they're though ya know!:cool:

yeah' date=' something like it...:) they're though ya know!:cool:[/quote'] As doctors say, they developed resistance to dynamite explosions :D

As doctors say' date=' they developed resistance to dynamite explosions :D[/quote']Unfortunetly the car didn't.....Hell, explodes even when it touches the water (good thing they never took ot thru the car wash...).:rain:

Unfortunetly the car didn't.....Hell' date=' explodes even when it touches the water (good thing they never took ot thru the car wash...).:rain:[/quote']What they needed was this car:[ATTACH=CONFIG]4328[/ATTACH]And no, I didn't Photoshop it...:cool:

post-10471-13892963710407_thumb.jpg

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but, in "THE RISING SUN OF DEATH", the businessman at the begining who was drowned, is never shown wearing an Ebel watch. Not even as he's being drowned, and his watchless arms are flayling around.....However, Tubbs states that the businessman's wife reported that he wore an "EBEL watch worth $15,000.00 that was given to him as an aniversary gift. He never took it off". They even show the dead mans white skin on his arm where a watch would have been on his tanned arm.Looks to me that he wasn't wearing the watch at the begining anyway.Perhaps his wife was wrong, and he DOES take it off. :eek:(They should have shown him wearing it to establish he did, in fact wear it.)

I'm not sure if this can be classed as a blooper, but the sign 'Bennay's Cafe' seems improportionate against the city skyline in the episode Brother's Keeper ??? Somehow out of place? :rolleyes::rolleyes:Has anyone else thought this, or am I missing something? :)Eingefügtes Bild

• 2 weeks later...

4433[/ATTACH]

Never noticed that before. I noticed the guy who's on fire has his hat is off one moment, then it's on......or "vice" versa.Good eye! :thumbsup: