The Blooper Thread

timm525

What's going on in the "Maze" when Crockett shoots the guy out the window? That is such an awkward shot. The entire scene is wrong. Just poorly edited.

that's probably my favourite part in this mediocre episode..it looks weird though coz they only show that shot for like a split second, i guess they didn't have any more usable footage

• 8 months later...

Continuity Error: In Trust Fund Pirates, there's a scene where Jackson Crane (Gary Cole) lands his plane next to the Colombian smuggling boat that had just been shot up. As he makes his way onto the bridge of the boat, you can see in the background wind blowing a curtain, indicating the window is either open or was shot open during the attach. 

The next scene where Crane walks halfway down the steps to the lower deck, that curtain is completely still.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe this has been mentioned. In PRODIGAL SON, they have the shootout in Jimmy's apartment. The guy that Tubbs has by the throat near the end of the scene, has miraculously come back to life after being shot by Crockett earlier. I mean maybe he fell to get out of the way but it looked like he'd been shot!

• 11 months later...

When they do the deal on the Miami River near the end of the episode, Harry Shearer is on a tugboat and convinces Izzy to swap out canisters.  Except that Shearer hands Izzy the exact same canister that Izzy had just given him!

putting it down:   Cows1.png

picking it up:  Cows2.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Blooper in "The Great McCarthy" Episode 8. On my laptop, the man becomes noticeable between 7:19 and 7:39.

et8ex4.jpg

In the first shot, he's just standing there.

11a8m7m.jpg

Until he notices the cameras and crew and hides behind a tree.

2ue2wj5.jpg

In this last shot, the man tries to walk away discreet and then runs off. :D

Done. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, as a newbie I did search the site for this one, could not find it, hope I didn't miss it being already posted.

Season 4 "Hell Hath No Fury" major misspelling there: 

Captura de pantalla (182).png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been covered, but I watched "Smuggler's Blues" again last night.

When the boat explodes at the beginning of the episode, if you watch it in slow motion (actually, you don't even have to), you see that the first explosion goes off in the front of the boat.

cdwioe4p.jpg

Of course it's possible that the criminals in the story rigged up the entire boat with explosives. But as we see in the scene where Trudy is tied up in the trailer, their mode of operation seems to be to use just one explosives container, located next to the victim:

c7tsbcen.jpg

gybg9gcj.jpg

The trembler is crude technology even by 1980s standards, btw... they could just as well have used a mercury switch. Nowadays, you'd probably use a microcontroller with an accelerometer shield. More reliable and much more difficult to disarm  (don't worry, I don't make bombs... but one of my other hobbies is building Arduino based microcrontroller circuits :p).

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Not sure if this has been covered, but I watched "Smuggler's Blues" again last night.

When the boat explodes at the beginning of the episode, if you watch it in slow motion (actually, you don't even have to), you see that the first explosion goes off in the front of the boat.

shot1.jpg

Of course it's possible that the criminals in the story rigged up the entire boat with explosives. But as we see in the scene where Trudy is tied up in the trailer, their mode of operation seems to be to use just one explosives container, located next to the victim:

shot2.jpg

shot3.jpg

The trembler is crude technology even by 1980s standards, btw... they could just as well have used a mercury switch. Nowadays, you'd probably use a microcontroller with an accelerometer shield  (don't worry, I don't make bombs... but one of my other hobbies is building Arduino based microcrontroller circuits ).

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

shot3.jpg

great post !:D:checkbox:

• 2 weeks later...

In "Fruit of the Poison Tree", there is the scene where the neighborhood kid helps Gina carrying groceries from her car and he gets killed by a bomb.  New forum member "A.J." lived in the house at the time and watched as they filmed this scene.  He discusses his experiences in this thread .  He pointed out a blooper:  after the bomb has exploded and killed the kid, there is no body!  In the first frame of the explosion, you can see the kid is not even on the porch when it explodes:

Fruit1.png

A.J. also pointed out that the wood blocks that the camera track rested on are briefly visible:

Fruit2.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

The props department got a little lazy in "Rock and a Hard Place", with the newspaper and the headline that exposed Caitlin Davies' husband as a "drug dealer" -

you can clearly see that both the magazine name "National Inquisitor" and the headline were cut out from another piece of paper and then glued over a tabloid newspaper. Just look at the top edge of the headline segment.

I also don't get the "Printed in England". The National Inquisitor appears to be a fictitious American newspaper, so why would a newsstand in the U.S. sell copies that were printed in England?

They did a much better job with the newspaper that Tony Arcaro was "buried" with inside the dry wall in "Out Where The Buses Don't Run".

screenshot.jpg

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Season 5 "Asian Cut" episode

24:00 - 24:09

Gina provides info and telephone number but no name

24:22 

Carlos calls number provided by Gina and upon pick up asks "is this Trudy?" 

I'm a telephone salesman so something like that would never get past me ;-)

Edited by Mister Roman
The images failed to load
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One thing that always bugs me about extras who have lines in scenes is that you can kind of see them think "Ok, I've said my line, now exit to the right". For example, when Crockett takes a boat from a young couple that's having some "together time" at night on their boat to go after some bad guys (forgot the episode). They don't even say a word, and don't even put up any kind of argument when Crockett says he needs their boat for police business, and just exit off screen. Would that happen in real life? I doubt it.

Sorry... it may sound silly, but I was in drama in high school, and our drama teacher was kind of OCD about it... she kept reminding us, whatever you do, stay in character until you're actually off the stage... :) So by extension, that should also apply to extras on a TV show...

If you guys know what mean... :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I recently noticed a few goof ups in three episodes. So I thought it may be a great idea to have a thread where we can list all goof ups/slips ups/mistakes/unintentional (?) comedy in the series. (If such a thread doesn't already exist - I could only find threads/posts about single mishaps/episodes. It would be nice to have it all summarized in one place)

Here's my three:

1.The Maze: When the police offcers arrive and assemble behind the truck to get the rifles handed to them. There's one cop in the middle that is constantly expecting it is his turn. He grabs for the rifle or is expecting to get it but he doesn't! lol. The expression on his face is pretty funny (because he is getting frustrated) I highly doubt that this was intentional by the filmmakers!? Either way it yielded some unintentional comical realism. :D

2.In Theresa when Crockett is wired and trying to cut a deal with Wyatt in his place. When Crockett realizes he's got Wyatt's confession (and thus he's busted) and that he can let out his anger and he attacks and him and both are brawling over the place - it is SO apparent that Wyatt got replaced with a stuntman. The problem is that the stuntman doesn'T look anything like Wyatt except for the clothes! The hair is darker and totally different, height and build is different and you can even see the face of the dude which is clearly not Wyatt! I find that pretty much inexcusable to be honest...I mean at least they could have given him a wig or something and NOT show his face. And we're talking season 3 here not 4 or 5 (where a slip up like that would be more expected)

3.I think I posted this one before lol - in Milk Run there's way too much spillage of food and milk shake (milk shake <-> milk run - was that intentional?) on Tubbs and on the floor than possible from the items on the turned over table

Edited by Den Taylor
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Got another one from Buddies . In the scene when Sonny confronts Robbie in his office , Crockett is very clearly wearing a black button down shirt under his blazer throughout the entire conversation . Then when he chases Robbie in the Daytona , he is wearing either a white or pale yellow 3 button henley T . Then when he goes to pick up Annie at the Celebrity Burger , he's wearing the black button down again which he keeps for the remainder of the episode .

• Like 1

On 2/12/2017 at 6:27 AM, Party_car1 said:

Got another one from Buddies . In the scene when Sonny confronts Robbie in his office , Crockett is very clearly wearing a black button down shirt under his blazer throughout the entire conversation . Then when he chases Robbie in the Daytona , he is wearing either a white or pale yellow 3 button henley T . Then when he goes to pick up Annie at the Celebrity Burger , he's wearing the black button down again which he keeps for the remainder of the episode .

That's reused footage from the previous episode, "The Dutch Oven." The intro chase scene with Crockett and Trudy. Good observation. 

Edited by summer84

On 12/3/2017 at 2:00 PM, summer84 said:

That's reused footage from the previous episode, "The Dutch Oven." The intro chase scene with Crockett and Trudy. Good observation. 

Now THAT , I didn't know . Good eye on you to recognize it as reused footage . 

• Thanks 1

On 03/12/2017 at 9:00 PM, summer84 said:

Yes I agree good observation indeed :hippie::)

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Indian Wars  Stan says "Uh-oh, Commander Pursley's Coming". The commander asks Castillo if he has a minute. Then we see them talking in Castillo's office. Then the commander says, "Martin, if it wasn't a problem, I wouldn't have come down here. The department has always backed your level of involvement, but to have you out there." The Castillo says "I appreciate your concern, Lieutenant. I really do." Then the commander asks him who's running OCB?

Is he a Commander or Lt? Or is he the top Lt that is titled Commander? :)  But wait, Castillo clearly reported to a Captain in several episodes. I've never heard of a chain of command where one Lt. reported to another Lt.? Clearly Castillo was supposed to call him Commander but flubbed his lines and either it got missed altogether or else they figure they'd just roll with it. Maybe running out of time filming this one and too busy to retake?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Badge of Dishonor When Colone and Andahar (sp?) were shaking the river dealer down and Andahar took the coke out of his trunk while the drug dealer was arguing with Calone, you see Andahar closes the trunk and the license plate falls off the car and hits the ground. Ooooops. Must have been one of those "dealer", as in car dealer not drug dealer, magnetic plates? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Payback Sonny's badge/id combo seems to be a blooper to me. Maybe someone out there can clarify. Sonny's ID badge says "James  Crockett A Regular Deputy Sheriff" but his badge is a shield and that is usually one that is worn by police officers not Sheriffs. Since Miami is a city and Broward is the county Miami is in, I would think Sonny was a police officer with Miami Vice, a division of the Miami police department not the Broward County Sheriff's office.

If he's a city cop, he's got the right badge style (Miami police have much different style shield) and wrong ID card.

If he's a deputy sheriff like the id card says, he's got the wrong shield as sheriff's have 5 pointed stars by Florida statute if I'm not mistaken. 

IMG_6743.JPG

• Like 3

Good points but Miami is in Miami-Dade County.  Haven't looked it up but I think the County has a Metro-Dade police force that functions like the Sheriff's force in other counties.  Interestingly some municipalities like Coral Gables and the City of Miami also have their own city police.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Looks like I stand corrected Jim, great catch. I should have made better friends with Google first I didn't realize my mistake.  ;(

So that begs the question, was Sonny and the team city police officers or county deputy sheriffs? I always assumed they were city police just because they didn't have the 5 pointed star a deputy sheriff has but then I read the ID card and questioned it. 

We've all heard Sonny and others call themselves police officers in the show. Of course that name is "interchangeable" to most people. 

Of course there is a 5 pointed star within the shield badge. Talk about the cat chasing his tail! :)

Anyone know?

My impression is that the Vice Squad was part of the Miami-Dade Police Force.  Can't remember where they said that but I remember they had contact with other police departments like the "South Beach Police."  No such thing really - but there is a Miami Beach police.  Last Memorial Day they killed a few "tourists" in a big shootout.

Edited by miamijimf

• 5 months later...

Just posted this today on miamivice.wikia.com... MAJOR continuity error in "Golden Triangle Pt II".

Dale Menton arrives at Lao Li's residence by helicopter. He is wearing a light grey blazer and dark pants. With a tan/brown attaché case in his hand.

1.png

Now sat at Lao Li's table by the swimming pool, suddenly he's got light grey pants and his tan attaché case has magically turned into a black portfolio case.

2.png

And then he leaves Lao Li's residence, not in the helicopter which brought him there, but  in his car which is parked in the driveway:

3.png

You could kind of excuse the car if you believe that somehow he was with Lao Li's people all day that day and still had his car parked at Lao Li's. But a change of clothes and accessories between getting out of the helicopter and walking 50 yards to Lao Li's backyard was a bit much even for Miami Vice at the time... :p

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1