New piece on “Nash Bridges” Today

Matt5

I would love to see PMT again in Nash Bridges............but I would really love to see at least one new Miami Vice movie with all the original cast who are still around! :clap:

sorry to get here late Tony. yea it's a continuation of the show. Nash is brought back to solve a case and he recruits Joe and Harvey. i am so excited to see it. Don said the show is like comfort food and i agree. I just read an article where it said don brought back original crew members so the show will have the same look. He hopes to do more Nash tv movies.

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2021 at 9:25 PM, Tony D. said:

I would love to see PMT again in Nash Bridges............but I would really love to see at least one new Miami Vice movie with all the original cast who are still around! :clap:

At a MNF get together of some friends I was told that PMT is back acting in a movie called Wealthy and Wise. I looked it up instantly and yup, he's listed. Release date 1/14/22.

As far as Rick Hawks back in Nash bridges, I see it as a no-brainer if USA or Peacock picks up the option. With online gambling I can see where Rick once again comes to Nash for help and they uncover a crooked online gambling ran out of SF

• Like 2

well...looks don is busy after Nash....

If Nash is giving him all this publicity, imagine if he comes back to Vice. But at same time we can see Don dealing better with his Vice past, sometimes in this article looks he wants to gets close to Vice again, but not sooooooooo close as before. Am I wrong?

i don't think he has any problem talking about Miami Vice. he seems very respectful of it. i think for that reason , among others , the notion that it's coming back just itsn't reality.

• Like 1

I watched the Nash Bridges movie last night!  I thought it was very good........plenty of action and D.J. with his weird sense of humor made it especially entertaining. I only wish he would shave that beard off. :sick:  He would look 10 yrs. younger. :cool: I wish I could have recorded it. ;(

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tony D. said:

I watched the Nash Bridges movie last night!  I thought it was very good........plenty of action and D.J. with his weird sense of humor made it especially entertaining. I only wish he would shave that beard off. :sick:  He would look 10 yrs. younger. :cool: I wish I could have recorded it. ;(

I was curious about the reviews. Thank you, Tony! :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AzVice said:

i thought it felt like they picked up just like before. the sex scene was jarring though for USA.

They could have left that scene out!

• Like 2

it was interesting in the opening scene he was wearing the familiar dark red vest and blue jacket, but then when he came back he was dressed casual. i only wish there had been a little more reference to other characters like Nick or if Nash is still living in that condemned building.

poor Harvey ! :p

I think Don Johnson is an awesome actor & the ‘man’ when it comes to his roles...but, In all honesty I was really disappointed with the “Nash” reunion movie. It felt like it was very ‘forced’ and faky, compared to the show. He also needed to either lose the beard, or dye it. Don can still handle or pull off about anything, which is awesome—but this movie (plot, dialogue, direction, etc...) seemed almost “beneath” him. ?( 

Cheech looked “baked”—for real! I’m sorry if this sounds rude...but the guy seemed so ‘high’ & fried in real life that he only had short or small speaking parts (like it was barely enough for him to handle, to film the scenes). :hippie: :rauchen:

I did not like the “real” ‘Cuda getting destroyed at the beginning...and then replaced with a new Barracuda :evil:, and the movie seemed like what I call the “Christine syndrome”...where they purposely stick in as many cuss words or foul language as they can or are allowed (hence what they did with the movie Christine...where they purposely put in as much cussing as possible then—even went back & put in more foul language after principle filming was complete). ‘Locker room’ mentality does not impress me! :o 

The sex scene was ridiculous and totally unnecessary. :wuerg: I don’t know...I was hoping & planning on much better & even intelligent, but was sadly disappointed. They could very well end up making a new series out of this (as this was a proposed possible Pilot)...but I would not think so. This did not seem worthy. ;( I’m sure plenty will disagree with me, and this is all just my opinion. But, to each his or her own. 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 3

• Administrators

I haven't had the opportunity to see the movie. It's not available on any channel here in Canada. (yet) :thumbsdown:   I was happy to see the 'Cuda is still there.  I recently went back and watched the pilot episode and it always bugged me that Nash's description of the 'Cuda was wrong. When Evan was in the car and asked about it Nash wrongly stated that the car was a 1970  (it's a '71) and that Evan never saw one before because they only made 14 of them. He was partly right. Chrysler Corporation made millions of Barracudas but only 14 of them were Hemi powered convertibles.   And only the high performance models were called 'Cuda,  the rest are Barracudas.  The color (if anyone's interested) was called Curious Yellow.  (Allthough the car was painted a different shade of yellow for filming reasons)  

As for the rest, I agree Don should lose the beard. It doesn't compliment him or replace the stubbled look.  And yes, Cheech (on various TV talk shows)  is looking a little rough. But time will tell I guess.  It's always about the ratings, not the fans.  Nevertheless, I'm still looking forward to seeing it!

• Like 3

...Wow.  The thumbs-down comments on the Nash show are really strong here.  

I just got frowned upon in one of the other threads, cuz I commented that both Don and Cheech look really bone-shaking and badly-worn on camera in the commercial.  :freeze:

I hadn't actually seen the movie.  Was it that far below-the-mark?

Edited by Augusta

1 minute ago, Augusta said:

...Wow.  The thumbs-down comments on the Nash show are really strong here.  

I just got frowned upon in one of the other threads, cuz I commented that both Don and Cheech look really bone-shaking and badly-worn on camera in the commercial.  :freeze:

I hadn't actually seen the movie.  Was it that below-the-mark?

Everyone has their likes, dislikes & opinions. ...I feel the movie could have been much better...and Cheech looked & talked really fried & rough. :eek: I thought Don still looked pretty good...but needed to either lose the beard, or dye it. ;)

• Haha 1

There's this concept even Indiana Jones repeats in his movie, yet our culture just doesn't really embrace:  "There's AGE, and there's MILEAGE".  Because we're one of the cultures that demonizes "age", we always frown and get hurt feelings when you suggest someone is "getting too craggy looking" for the part.  It's not a stab against age---I just watched John Wick-3, and Halley Berry is getting along in years, she's not the soft curvy chic from her first movies--the woman has clearly aged.  And every bit of her age is sexy as hell (not just cuz she's blowing up 30 assassins in this film).  She looked sexy because you don't see a lot of "mileage" on her, not in her gaze, her presence--the actress looks as though she's successfully kept away or managed the traps and the crap that the Hollywood lifestyle seems to bring on actors.  She fit her Wick character WELL, (no joke, she was the best thing in that movie)--made me forget she was Halley Berry at all.  Your age is nearly pointless---it's MILEAGE that will show in your camera appearance, and make you seem less convincing in your role.

So if Don's got that ton of mileage on him (I could see that in just a commercial), how's he supposed to make a role as reprised (retired?) Sonny convincing to anyone except his most diehard Vice fans?  Philip and Olivia and the rest, too?  
Watching Miami Vice "return"... I don't want to be surprised by how much mileage they may have gotten from their personal lives.... the thought just makes me want to campaign against a Vice comeback.   

Edited by Augusta

2 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Everyone has their likes, dislikes & opinions. ...I feel the movie could have been much better...and Cheech looked & talked really fried & rough. :eek: I thought Don still looked pretty good...but needed to either lose the beard, or dye it. ;)

That uncle Scrooge mcduck hair tails are so bad like his Beard. Would be the Beard a result of the keenan show?

Thats the lowest point in my life...complaining about don Johnson hair style :P

34 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

That uncle Scrooge mcduck hair tails are so bad like his Beard. Would be the Beard a result of the keenan show?

Thats the lowest point in my life...complaining about don Johnson hair style :P

MV and most TV shows are about “style”...hair styles being one of the most important! Beards are the “thing” right now (15 or 16 year olds think they want to look 30–until they are 30 :p). But, not everyone looks good with one. Don is awesome & looks amazing for his age, and no one excepts him to still look 30...but the beard doesn’t ‘work’ (unless maybe dyed). But, in all honesty I was more disappointed with the plot, dialogue, and just how the whole thing was put together, than hairstyles or beards. :funky: