New piece on “Nash Bridges” Today

Matt5

23 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

I think Don Johnson is an awesome actor & the ‘man’ when it comes to his roles...but, In all honesty I was really disappointed with the “Nash” reunion movie. It felt like it was very ‘forced’ and faky, compared to the show. He also needed to either lose the beard, or dye it. Don can still handle or pull off about anything, which is awesome—but this movie (plot, dialogue, direction, etc...) seemed almost “beneath” him. ?( 

Cheech looked “baked”—for real! I’m sorry if this sounds rude...but the guy seemed so ‘high’ & fried in real life that he only had short or small speaking parts (like it was barely enough for him to handle, to film the scenes). :hippie: :rauchen:

I did not like the “real” ‘Cuda getting destroyed at the beginning...and then replaced with a new Barracuda :evil:, and the movie seemed like what I call the “Christine syndrome”...where they purposely stick in as many cuss words or foul language as they can or are allowed (hence what they did with the movie Christine...where they purposely put in as much cussing as possible then—even went back & put in more foul language after principle filming was complete). ‘Locker room’ mentality does not impress me! :o 

The sex scene was ridiculous and totally unnecessary. :wuerg: I don’t know...I was hoping & planning on much better & even intelligent, but was sadly disappointed. They could very well end up making a new series out of this (as this was a proposed possible Pilot)...but I would not think so. This did not seem worthy. ;( I’m sure plenty will disagree with me, and this is all just my opinion. But, to each his or her own. 

I agree with mostly everything you are saying here, especially about Cheech & his speaking parts. The plot could have been better, but I still enjoyed the action & the coolness of Don Johnson. That is what made the movie exciting & enjoyable for me and I hope we get more Nash Bridges episodes with some of the flaws corrected! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 6:48 AM, ViceFanMan said:

I think Don Johnson is an awesome actor & the ‘man’ when it comes to his roles...but, In all honesty I was really disappointed with the “Nash” reunion movie. It felt like it was very ‘forced’ and faky, compared to the show. He also needed to either lose the beard, or dye it. Don can still handle or pull off about anything, which is awesome—but this movie (plot, dialogue, direction, etc...) seemed almost “beneath” him. ?( 

Cheech looked “baked”—for real! I’m sorry if this sounds rude...but the guy seemed so ‘high’ & fried in real life that he only had short or small speaking parts (like it was barely enough for him to handle, to film the scenes). :hippie: :rauchen:

I did not like the “real” ‘Cuda getting destroyed at the beginning...and then replaced with a new Barracuda :evil:, and the movie seemed like what I call the “Christine syndrome”...where they purposely stick in as many cuss words or foul language as they can or are allowed (hence what they did with the movie Christine...where they purposely put in as much cussing as possible then—even went back & put in more foul language after principle filming was complete). ‘Locker room’ mentality does not impress me! :o 

The sex scene was ridiculous and totally unnecessary. :wuerg: I don’t know...I was hoping & planning on much better & even intelligent, but was sadly disappointed. They could very well end up making a new series out of this (as this was a proposed possible Pilot)...but I would not think so. This did not seem worthy. ;( I’m sure plenty will disagree with me, and this is all just my opinion. But, to each his or her own. 

Cheech was really struggling, especially in the gun fight at the beginning, poor guy.

Don Johnson looks 61 in this not 71.

How is it that he lived on the wild side for years, partying, drinking and smoking but now you can easily take 10 years off him, he looks great for his age and his mind is sharp. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Cheech was really struggling, especially in the gun fight at the beginning, poor guy.

How is it that he lived on the wild side for years, partying, drinking and smoking but now you can easily take 10 years off him, he looks great for his age and his mind is sharp. 

Yeah...it appears Cheech pretty much played ‘himself’ in this...and was so “baked” he could barely do the few speaking parts he had. Sad. ;(

Don looks awesome (except for the beard...my opinion, lol)! He could still do the action scenes pretty good, too. For what he’s put his body through, he’s still ‘got-it’! :thumbsup:

I just was not impressed with the plot or dialogue. The whole thing seemed like a forced, vulgar, “cheapened” version of the original show. 

• Like 1

For those that are interested, from a buddy

The USA Saturday Night Movie, Nash Bridges, pulled in a respectable #57 for cable for the day with a .08 in the 18-49 demo. It was in the top 25 overall for cable viewership with over 800,000. I think it's a very good number due to the amount of college football games and holiday specials that were on that day. 

It was #2 for USA in the 18-49 demo behind a soccer game in the AM, however it outdrew in overall viewers by over 425,000 viewers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think It's a good question about Don Johnson; I mean, he lived fast at certain points in his life, yet has come out of it like he's the Jack LaLanne of performers. I can relate: I partied pretty heavily in my teens & 20's, but it would be difficult to for anyone to notice that.

When "Extra" was wrapping up with its credits the other day, I happened to be at the hotel's pub (it's a new thing for me, and I've even picked out my own seat and can make time for the pub before work: free food and good company, including regular patrons. Not just Crush Course Colleen~who I wished a Happy Thanksgiving to last Wednesday, and was very well-received ~but a couple of other servers go the extra mile for me as well, which is nice) and a short interview of DJ ran. I was thinking, "Wow, I'm for sure in the right place!" (the sound was off, but...well, DJ!).

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, king77 said:

For those that are interested, from a buddy

The USA Saturday Night Movie, Nash Bridges, pulled in a respectable #57 for cable for the day with a .08 in the 18-49 demo. It was in the top 25 overall for cable viewership with over 800,000. I think it's a very good number due to the amount of college football games and holiday specials that were on that day. 

It was #2 for USA in the 18-49 demo behind a soccer game in the AM, however it outdrew in overall viewers by over 425,000 viewers.

I’m not surprised at this, and I can see this happening...I’m sure the majority of fans who remember the show tuned in to watch. Therefore, the number of viewers was probably pretty high—especially for the USA Network.

But, whether or not it will be considered good enough, or well received enough to warrant making more telefilms and/or actually making a new series, will be key. But, the high number of viewers very well might help that come-about...who knows? Time will tell. :funky:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

He looks fitter now than when Nash finished in 2001. He was 30 pounds heavier if not more and that ballooned even more until 2005-2008. I think around 2010 he started to loose weight and immediately he got more interesting roles like in Machete and Django Unchained. 

It is a shame he wasted good years; if he was as fit and slim when he was 51 like he is now, he could have easily done another Vice movie. He always had the looks (including the good hair ;) ) but there was a long period where he was simply not fit and in that period he made crap movies like, the 2 Italian movies, the Norwegian movie and some other duds. Such a waste of talent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MennoinSF said:

He looks fitter now than when Nash finished in 2001. He was 30 pounds heavier if not more and that ballooned even more until 2005-2008. I think around 2010 he started to loose weight and immediately he got more interesting roles like in Machete and Django Unchained. 

It is a shame he wasted good years; if he was as fit and slim when he was 51 like he is now, he could have easily done another Vice movie. He always had the looks (including the good hair ;) ) but there was a long period where he was simply not fit and in that period he made crap movies like, the 2 Italian movies, the Norwegian movie and some other duds. Such a waste of talent.

Its great, isnt? Few years Ago Don was being pranked and made him ridiculous in a italian tv show and now hes back to top. Even um not a nb fan, i only could wish the best tô him.

I finally watched this and I’ll just give some overall thoughts. 
Don looked good in the role, gave a pretty good performance. Lots of comedy which at times reminded me on later Season 4/5 Crockett. 

Cheech looked rough didn’t feature much. By the looks of things at the end, if they ever produce more of these, then the Cheech character won’t be in them. 

I was not interested in the main cast at all. None of them held my interest and when DJ was not on screen I was bored. 

I noticed a few very subtle Miami Vice references hinted throughout. Overall 3/5.

E82C5A1B-ACF5-425B-ADEE-1162852CA70A.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Miami Beau said:

Don looked good in the role, gave a pretty good performance. Lots of comedy which at times reminded me on later Season 4/5 Crockett. 

Cheech looked rough didn’t feature much. By the looks of things at the end, if they ever produce more of these, then the Cheech character won’t be in them. 

I was not interested in the main cast at all. None of them held my interest and when DJ was not on screen I was bored. 

I noticed a few very subtle Miami Vice references hinted throughout. Overall 3/5.

With a Lil look like on brothers keeper in the Air Tonight? Too cool!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AzVice said:

i don't consider that a reference to Miami Vice

Hey that’s cool, I’m sure many don’t. It’s just for me, when I was watching Nash, I couldn’t help notice a number of similarities. Likely coincidence but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Here’s another I spotted:

C00082C5-3422-4F0F-9DCE-40F9F7F44F45.jpeg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

So, was ‘Fortuna’ the font used for the episode titles & credits on MV? 

That’s what it’s called on my computer. Not sure about the origins or history. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

That’s what it’s called on my computer. Not sure about the origins or history. 

Thanks! :thumbsup: I’ve tried to find the font for MV’s credits & episode titles before, but didn’t have a whole lot of luck. All I could really find for the show was the font of the show logo...which is Broadway. 

• Like 1

MV logo done with Broadway and Broadway stencil font, but not exaaaaaactly Broadway. They took few creative twists.

Miami Vice credits done using futura font. Not sure which style, If light or medium or another one.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2021 at 9:13 PM, Miami Beau said:

His hairstyle still looks better in 2021.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I prefer 1986! Much neater. :cool: :thumbsup:

Crockett's gray S1 blazer - Miami Vice Fashion Forum - The Miami Vice  Community

I think the season 1 hairstyle was the best overall because it wasn't just neat it had length on the top so he could style it. The spiky look was all wrong and it took him sometime to grow that back and in the process he developed a mullet.

Looks like Arnies haircut in Commando.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

The worst DJ's hair was that one on Larry king speaking about that  8billion tabloid fake news

Edited by Mr. Calderon
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

The worst DJ's hair was that one on Larry king speaking about that  8billion tabloid fake news

I saw that. At least he’d bought a nice car. :) 

• Haha 2