SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

8 minutes ago, Sebax said:

Here in Argentina the winter is REALLY cold. I'm wondering how could I pull off an 80s style without freezing ?(

It was a record 27 degrees Fahrenheit in Miami when Tubbs and Valerie took their little walk in José Martí Park on “Rites of Passage”. You can do it! :) 

2B31477B-39E6-47BE-8B02-26E4E7931F1C.png

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tourist said:

I'm always amazed by all you guys' ability to find fitting blazers!

I'm very short and still a bit stocky, so blazers that are wide enough for me are too long and ones where the length fits are way too small. :')

If university is gonna stay remote for the coming semester, I might have to whip out mum's old sewing machine and make some vice style clothes myself.

I say go for it.  You can still find 80s style sewing patterns online.  I have a beautiful blue fabric that one day I want made into a  vicey dress shirt.  If you really have the talent for sewing, make those clothes and show us what you can do. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sebax said:

Here in Argentina the winter is REALLY cold. I'm wondering how could I pull off an 80s style without freezing ?(

maybe you could replace linen and cotton by wool, how do you think business men go to work ?
Try to replace your shirts with this:

Black V-Neck Cotton Jumper Long | J D Williams

• 2 weeks later...

Going Tubbs' Style today
I know he never wore Aviators but Carreras don't fit me so well
It's funny how the most expensive item is always the sunglasses
I feel like this would be much better with a 100% cotton pastel shirt or something but when I found this tie, I just wanted to try it now
Another picture is coming soon for my next Crockett look !

Tubbs.thumb.png.46f8bdf246ea9e38fcaa0df4cdea7224.png

Edited by MichaelAce
  • Like 8

I have had a heck of a hard time finding jackets that fit the Crockett look, but I found one which, I think, fits. It was from a Korean Clothing website (translating was miserable, and largely luck). You guys put me to shame :)! I am gonna have to find more Vice items for my wardrobe, especially since I plan to move back to FL someday.302308939_GrillProfile.thumb.jpg.9d36ab3667761c23a9bd098186481468.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Even in the hottest summer, I'd never take off my jacket, which is why I wanted to try a half-lined blazer
I feel like I'm wearing a cloud in this outfit
If all goes well, I should be able to post a "police station" style with a Miami Classic holster in about a month

Crockett.thumb.png.34f24f0b6f1370630f1090b019cfbfa8.png

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like my order arrived early ! At least I get what I paid so much for...
I originally planned to hold a file and a coffee cup just like Crockett but I took this picture right after I set up the holster because I was too excited and the sun shined through my windows giving my room a beautiful light
I try to enjoy every minute of sunlight whenever the summer is over, I miss it

mvpd.thumb.png.49f93e16b01cd546f9d9e72495d0696a.png

Please note that the gun here is an airsoft replica and that I do not support gun ownership in Europe, which is why I didn't write the sources of my purchases
The holster was bought for fashion purpose and probably airsoft games (Yeah, I know, that's some premium quality airsoft equipment, right ? Anything for the Vice style)

• Like 5

13 hours ago, MichaelAce said:

Looks like my order arrived early ! At least I get what I paid so much for...
I originally planned to hold a file and a coffee cup just like Crockett but I took this picture right after I set up the holster because I was too excited and the sun shined through my windows giving my room a beautiful light
I try to enjoy every minute of sunlight whenever the summer is over, I miss it

mvpd.thumb.png.49f93e16b01cd546f9d9e72495d0696a.png

Please note that the gun here is an airsoft replica and that I do not support gun ownership in Europe, which is why I didn't write the sources of my purchases
The holster was bought for fashion purpose and probably airsoft games (Yeah, I know, that's some premium quality airsoft equipment, right ? Anything for the Vice style)

Greatest look 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 3:15 AM, Crockett1984 said:

I have had a heck of a hard time finding jackets that fit the Crockett look, but I found one which, I think, fits. It was from a Korean Clothing website (translating was miserable, and largely luck). You guys put me to shame :)! I am gonna have to find more Vice items for my wardrobe, especially since I plan to move back to FL someday.302308939_GrillProfile.thumb.jpg.9d36ab3667761c23a9bd098186481468.jpg

Very Viceish

7 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Greatest look 

Thanks, I trimmed my beard, took advantage of the lighting and faked having muscles with the shape of my clothes
I've noticed the Luxottica Wayfarers fit me better than the B&L vintage ones, which are probably gonna stay on my collection shelf
I also tried to do something with my hair but I can't do so much with it, it's got a complicated nature

1 hour ago, MichaelAce said:

Thanks, I trimmed my beard, took advantage of the lighting and faked having muscles with the shape of my clothes
I've noticed the Luxottica Wayfarers fit me better than the B&L vintage ones, which are probably gonna stay on my collection shelf
I also tried to do something with my hair but I can't do so much with it, it's got a complicated nature

Well done - good to see your post here.

On 9/20/2020 at 7:56 PM, Sebax said:

Two words: trench coat. Wear it over your other stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I wore my 80s shark skin suit to church today.  It took years to find one that fit me.  Now to find a single breasted suit. Do you think Tubbs would approve? 

image.thumb.png.fd1129da114b04ab62c84402d0949872.png

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've shown this jacket before, but the shirt and pants are new (not sure if I've shown off the shoes and sunglasses). Forgive the hair, I thought of doing this on the fly and it was late so I wasn't spending 10 minutes fixing it up lol.

IMG_20201227_205441624.jpg

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

You all have such nice collections of clothes.

The only item of clothing I have left is from the early 9oies is a pair of white trousers. The jacket got covered in my own blood when some drunk in a nightclub king-hit me.

Aah, good times...:birdie:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, fakespyder said:

You all have such nice collections of clothes.

The only item of clothing I have left is from the early 9oies is a pair of white trousers. The jacket got covered in my own blood when some drunk in a nightclub king-hit me.

Aah, good times...:birdie:

But was "Get It On" by The Power Station playing ? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by MichaelAce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unfortunately, my figur is no longer good enoug to wear clothes like Gina and Trudy did. For men it's a bit easier to wear pants, shirts and jackets like Tubbs and Crockett did.