SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can’t believe this, but it actually happened:

I went to Walmart today to grab a new bowl for my insane dog (worse than any of Izzy’s uncle’s greyhounds). 

I cut through the middle of the store to avoid the aisles, and this really great shiny light grey jacket was hanging on a rack—out of place, with some athletic jerseys—in my size! I checked for other colors and this was the only one like it in the whole store. 

I’ve always wanted a jacket for this time of year with that Season 3 kind of vibe. I guess this one was just meant for me! Finally, and in the most unexpected place! :) 

It was $19!

AT WALMART!!!  :) :) :) 

I have some dark green-ish and blue-ish henleys, some dark pants, black loafers, and Persol shades. Now all I need is a white Testarossa! :p

(I could also use @Mrich209’s hair, but it’s just not gonna happen :) ). 

I will try to post a pic of a full ensemble ASAP...

BACAE9C6-DC94-4C5B-AA74-40B84E73FB85.jpeg

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, IA-SteveB said:

Nice find.  You are a lot braver than I am venturing into a Walmart.

I wore a mask :) 

• Haha 3

I loved the album cover from "Summer of 69" by Bryan Adams so I bought a checkered shirt
It kinda looks like the pilot episode in this outfit

first time without sunglasses btw

20210213_182626-1.thumb.jpg.fa2d719e8e6b7143315508db86818f14.jpg

I started losing hair, maybe because of genetics, or mental/physical health issues... This is one of the last pictures I took before my treatment

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

@Dadrian, I had to run to Walmart for some stuff and what did I see? :freeze:Your jacket!

For $19, it was a true no-brainer. I immediately tore the tags off in the parking lot and donned it. Feels good.

(I actually had a real Members Only jacket back in the day and truthfully, I like this one better. The color is a sharper light bluish-light slate-almost white.)

Time to bust out the linen pants and the Henleys! :)

• Like 3

On 5/5/2019 at 1:06 AM, pmconroy said:

I took this right out of Nobody Lives Forever. The jacket is my only Giorgio Armani piece, and is beautiful. It’s a linen-silk blend and is half-lined.

925BA1DB-A143-46C2-A31D-9D3BF2DD6C49.jpeg

Love this jacket!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 5:57 PM, Dadrian said:

I went to Walmart today to grab a new bowl for my insane dog (worse than any of Izzy’s uncle’s greyhounds). 

I cut through the middle of the store to avoid the aisles, and this really great shiny light grey jacket was hanging on a rack—out of place, with some athletic jerseys—in my size! I checked for other colors and this was the only one like it in the whole store. 

I’ve always wanted a jacket for this time of year with that Season 3 kind of vibe. I guess this one was just meant for me! Finally, and in the most unexpected place! :) 

It was $19!

I have some dark green-ish and blue-ish henleys, some dark pants, black loafers, and Persol shades. Now all I need is a white Testarossa! :p

Awesome! I have seen this same jacket at Walmart but only in black and dark gray. I dig it! I have a classic Member’s Only jacket about this same color (found at Goodwill).

• Like 2

On 4/4/2021 at 12:03 PM, Titus said:

@Dadrian, I had to run to Walmart for some stuff and what did I see? :freeze:Your jacket!

For $19, it was a true no-brainer. I immediately tore the tags off in the parking lot and donned it. Feels good.

(I actually had a real Members Only jacket back in the day and truthfully, I like this one better. The color is a sharper light bluish-light slate-almost white.)

Time to bust out the linen pants and the Henleys! :)

Whenever I see your picture, I always think you look like Nathan Fillion. I really liked “Castle.”

Nathan_Fillion.jpg

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 3:57 PM, Dadrian said:

It was $19!

Hey if I could spot you the genetics I would my friend lol.

• Haha 1

Spring has arrived and I can't wait to go Out (Where the Buses Don't Run) !
I've always been hesitant to buy a white jacket because of how bright it is, but this one is:

☑ Half-lined
☑ Nicely cut
☑ Cheap as hell (second hand clothing)

I could use a colorful henley shirt though... Couldn't find one yet

image.thumb.png.9f1f3d2840f491f23d805e99a4217488.png

btw this is from Zara

Edited by MichaelAce
  • Like 6

Got a new shirt and pair of pants recently. I like the pattern of the shirt but the pants were a few shades darker than what the pictures showed. I think when I look for pants I'm gonna use more specific terms like "powder blue" and "sky blue". Medium is too dark and I already have a few.

IMG_20210416_115036108.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Got a new shirt and pair of pants recently. I like the pattern of the shirt

Do you need to iron your henley shirt to make the collar look like this or is it natural ?

On 4/17/2021 at 1:32 PM, MichaelAce said:

Do you need to iron your henley shirt to make the collar look like this or is it natural ?

Nah no ironing. Very light material. I just folded it that way and let the jacket hold them in place. I actually prefer to keep them buttoned but for the picture I let them hang the way Johnson did (no pun intended).

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Nah no ironing. Very light material. I just folded it that way and let the jacket hold them in place. I actually prefer to keep them buttoned but for the picture I let them hang the way Johnson did (no pun intended).

Knee deep in double entendres, this site...a few responses occur to me but I'll restrain myself :)

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

I don't think I could pull this one off, but in case someone is interested:

https://poshmark.com/listing/Mens-Vice-Vintage-80s-Off-White-2-Piece-Suit-5e57de2b138e1836929f3f07

Very much an 80's vibe with the space age shoulder accents.  :)

m_5e57e10f2cc515c86ab1e9fc.jpg

Yeah, that's a little out there... too much like a sci-fi uniform... "Miami Trek" :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Titus said:

"Miami Trek"

A good alternate title for “Missing Hours”. 

• Haha 1

New shirt. Very comfortable. I'm not having any luck finding blazers that have Crockett's patterns/designs, but thankfully there are plenty of shirts that do. Fair compromise.

IMG_20210429_181110911.jpg

• Like 4

Alright, some new threads. Sunglasses reminded me of the ones Don wore in one of the early episodes (and a few promo pics. PMT wore them too). White shorts, off white pants that'll match my off-white jackets (that definitely need to be pressed, and probably gonna have 'em hemmed to), and some season 3-esque dark teal pants that for some reason in this picture (and the ones in the listing I saw them in before I bought them) look more medium blue. Lastly, some dark gray slip on shoes that are more like dress shoes rather than typical slip-ons, and some Chaps brand slip-ons with mesh (that I'll probably only wear when I go to the beach).

Oh, and a very comfortable Vice-esque button down shirt, and some giant sunglasses with a very Vice/synthwave color palette that I'll probably never wear in public, lol.

IMG_20210507_193947880.jpg

IMG_20210507_193711121.jpg

IMG_20210507_193650559.jpg

IMG_20210507_155134761.jpg

IMG_20210507_154834226.jpg

IMG_20210507_194118906.jpg

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 5

Hey, everyone! I've been working on getting my own Miami Vice inspired style going for a while now, while trying to keep it budget friendly! Let me know what you guys think so far!!! Also, funny story about my sky-blue blazer... I ordered a white Alfani blazer from Macy's for something like $50 and they ended up sending me the wrong size. So for the longest time I just had this medium white blazer and nothing to do with it. I decided to try and dye it so that I had something else to wear. What do you guys think of the quality? 

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Alriar said:

Hey, everyone! I've been working on getting my own Miami Vice inspired style going for a while now, while trying to keep it budget friendly! Let me know what you guys think so far!!! Also, funny story about my sky-blue blazer... I ordered a white Alfani blazer from Macy's for something like $50 and they ended up sending me the wrong size. So for the longest time I just had this medium white blazer and nothing to do with it. I decided to try and dye it so that I had something else to wear. What do you guys think of the quality? 

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

Really nice outfits!