SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

Another new acquisition.  The maker is Zara Man. Unlined and comfortable. Wore it to work this morning because I had to stop in and make an employment offer to one of my staff. He works weekends and I don't.  Any excuse to throw on some Vice flare.

20211128_090605.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Party_car1 said:

Another new acquisition.  The maker is Zara Man. Unlined and comfortable. Wore it to work this morning because I had to stop in and make an employment offer to one of my staff. He works weekends and I don't.  Any excuse to throw on some Vice flare.

20211128_090605.jpg

Looks semi unlined judging by the piece of fabric at the top holding the sleeves and the back together

7 hours ago, MichaelAce said:

Looks semi unlined judging by the piece of fabric at the top holding the sleeves and the back together

Yes, there is a flap on the shoulders for some reason but you don't notice it when you're wearing it.

Love it, I think it's a cool color ("cool" as in temperature color~I spot a slightly faded look with the gray, which I like~and cool in general:cheers:).

On 11/28/2021 at 11:31 AM, Party_car1 said:

Forgot about this one. Another Jachs New York.  Reminds me a little of one Sonny wore a couple of times in season 2. Have had this one for a couple of months.

20211128_092712.jpg

Definitely a Season 2 Crockett; truly a jacket in which yesterday's hero is TODAY and there's plenty of room to grow...into the look, and quite easily!

• 2 weeks later...

What color is that Jachs? I can't tell if it's white, gray, or blue. Reminds me of that internet meme where people were arguing about the color of a striped curtain (like 5 years ago) lol. Either way I love the pattern. Do you know what it is? I'm still trying to learn the names of the patterns to the jackets Don wore (Herringbone, Marled, Flecked, and Chambray) and this doesn't look like any of them. It looks kinda like stripes, but if I type "men's striped suit jacket" in google, I certainly aint gonna find anything that looks like that lol. Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Got another new jacket to show. Macy's and JC Penny's have been doing some huge deals lately. I'm talking brand new suit jackets for less than $40. I would've probably bought another 3-4 blue ones in varying shades had they had them in my size. I actually tried to get another light green one that was slightly more muted but I got an email today saying they cancelled it because they didn't actually have "1 left in stock". Bummer. Sunglasses I got brand new on Poshmark for only $10. I bought 2 more pairs of INC linen pants in 2 slightly different off-white/beige colors but still need to have them hemmed. I've mentioned them before and again I cannot recommend them enough. They really are the most comfortable dress pants I've ever worn (I have 2 pairs already hemmed and I've already worn them both quite a bit). They're a little "wide" for my taste but given how hot it still is here in southern Florida even during this time of year, you probably want your clothes clinging onto you as little as possible, lol.

Also I wanted to point out that when I went to see the Christmas boat show by my house the other night, as I was walking home a woman shouted "Nice jacket!!" to me as they drove passed :) I was wearing one that I actually haven't shown here yet. It's a navy chambray style pattern made of linen and it's very comfortable as well. Definitely goes nice with either jeans and sneaker or white trousers and white slip-ons, depending on what the occasion is.

IMG_20211128_165317413.jpg

IMG_20211126_190136610.jpg

• Like 7

Alright I just got this kinda-of bright, but closer to medium blue blazer from ASOS. It's $50 on the site but they had a sale a few weeks ago where not only was it discounted to only $20, but I got a 20% discount for getting "no rush shipping". So while I had to wait almost 3 weeks for it, after shipping and taxes, it was only $22. Picture makes it look kinda green-ish but it isn't. The sleeves are a little long but other than that it fits well. The darker jacket is Express, and while it looks gray I assure you guys, it's navy blue. My powder blue or "ice blue" jacket will probably complete my collection.

At least, until I finally pull the trigger on having one custom made for me. If I ever do that, it's gonna be either the white one with horizontal gray stripes that Don wore in a few episodes in season 1, along with "buddies" in season 2, and either the light and dark gray or the light gray and navy blue one that Don wore in the first 2 seasons (they're the same jacket pattern but different colors). Other than that, I think the one he wore in "Definitely Miami" and "Florence Italy" (light gray 'flecked' pattern) will be the true completion to my collection.

IMG_20211214_153649116(1).jpg

IMG_20211214_153531540(1).jpg

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 7

On 12/14/2021 at 8:51 AM, TylerDurden389 said:

Got another new jacket to show. Macy's and JC Penny's have been doing some huge deals lately. I'm talking brand new suit jackets for less than $40. I would've probably bought another 3-4 blue ones in varying shades had they had them in my size. I actually tried to get another light green one that was slightly more muted but I got an email today saying they cancelled it because they didn't actually have "1 left in stock". Bummer. Sunglasses I got brand new on Poshmark for only $10. I bought 2 more pairs of INC linen pants in 2 slightly different off-white/beige colors but still need to have them hemmed. I've mentioned them before and again I cannot recommend them enough. They really are the most comfortable dress pants I've ever worn (I have 2 pairs already hemmed and I've already worn them both quite a bit). They're a little "wide" for my taste but given how hot it still is here in southern Florida even during this time of year, you probably want your clothes clinging onto you as little as possible, lol.

Also I wanted to point out that when I went to see the Christmas boat show by my house the other night, as I was walking home a woman shouted "Nice jacket!!" to me as they drove passed :) I was wearing one that I actually haven't shown here yet. It's a navy chambray style pattern made of linen and it's very comfortable as well. Definitely goes nice with either jeans and sneaker or white trousers and white slip-ons, depending on what the occasion is.

IMG_20211128_165317413.jpg

IMG_20211126_190136610.jpg

Amazing, especially the first snap:-).

• Like 1

Love it guys! Great to see the vice style still alive!

Been watching a lot of vice recently as its dark and wintery here in UK.

Here's some Gianni Versace pieces with vice looks, sorry about the quality of the pics, taking screenshots from instagram stories :D

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 18.36.03.png

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 18.38.32.png

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 18.39.03.png

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 18.40.33.png

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 18.50.37.png

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Tomweb said:

Love it guys! Great to see the vice style still alive!

Been watching a lot of vice recently as its dark and wintery here in UK.

Here's some Gianni Versace pieces with vice looks, sorry about the quality of the pics, taking screenshots from instagram stories :D

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 18.36.03.png

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 18.38.32.png

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 18.39.03.png

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 18.40.33.png

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 18.50.37.png

Most awesome, and as Candy would say, "All of it" (supplement your income ladies & gentleman, we are are now high fashion!).

• Like 1

It was crowded and I was taking up to spots, forgot to get rid of the socks. LMAO. Other then that mishap I got some pretty good photos. Have some other locations for this year with my blue pants, pink jacket. Was trying to recreate the iconic photo taken a twilight from original 1984 photos of the two detectives.

IMG_20210926_205534.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, VICE365 said:

It was crowded and I was taking up to spots, forgot to get rid of the socks. LMAO. Other then that mishap I got some pretty good photos. Have some other locations for this year with my blue pants, pink jacket. Was trying to recreate the iconic photo taken a twilight from original 1984 photos of the two detectives.

IMG_20210926_205534.jpg

I believe you nailed it!!  Great look.   

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@VICE365, You are the man. Not just cuz you got the car, not just how you lined up the shot perfectly, but where in the heck do I found a suit jacket with a lapel style like that? Never seen it before. NICE!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TylerDurden389 said:

@VICE365, You are the man. Not just cuz you got the car, not just how you lined up the shot perfectly, but where in the heck do I found a suit jacket with a lapel style like that? Never seen it before. NICE!!!

I believe it’s this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Orion-Costumes-Mens-Miami-Vice-Pink-White-Florida-Detective-80s-Fancy-Dress-/281259828579?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 2:08 PM, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Definitely a Season 2 Crockett; truly a jacket in which yesterday's hero is TODAY and there's plenty of room to grow...into the look, and quite easily!

https://www.jachsny.com/products/j19a-600-202

So my quick search revealed this seems to be the same exact one. Wow, that is beautiful. I want one badly! And only $40? What a deal! Do you have any idea how often they restock? My gut fear is that these sold out after summer stock was cleared out and that if they do come back in stock they'll be full-price.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

https://www.jachsny.com/products/j19a-600-202

So my quick search revealed this seems to be the same exact one. Wow, that is beautiful. I want one badly! And only $40? What a deal! Do you have any idea how often they restock? My gut fear is that these sold out after summer stock was cleared out and that if they do come back in stock they'll be full-price.

Sold out? I can understand that, since the blazer is hot!

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373917647514#viTabs_0 Nabbed this one. Nice pastel green/aqua color. Can't stress enough how great J. Crew is for these types of jackets, I have about five already. They fit super well, are good quality and are easy to find unlined. Already getting geared up for this spring/summer, trying to do a little revamp of the wardrobe for some fresh new looks for 2022.