Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

"Hey, want a beer?" name the movie please.

Untitled.thumb.png.902367a0240dedd5178e77be6d515bb3.png

Lol! This is totally a guess, but from what I remember having a whole storage thing of Coors...Smokey and the Bandit (1977)?

Edited by ViceFanMan

56 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Lol! This is totally a guess, but from what I remember having a whole storage thing of Coors...Smokey and the Bandit (1977)?

You remembered correctly!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ViceFanMan said:

Next...going back a few years: 

3C951DE5-E04A-424D-8852-22B3ADA00D23.jpeg

Oh I know this one!  One of my favorite classic Hollywood gangster films.  This is Scarface from 1932. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Oh I know this one!  One of my favorite classic Hollywood gangster films.  This is Scarface from 1932. 

Correct! :clap: I love this one, too...considered the film that started the gangster genre. They even used some of Capone’s real-life henchmen as “consultants”, lol :eek: (as this basically was the story of Capone’s reign of terror—but with different names)! All the hits & incidents were based on real-life ones...including the St. Valentines Day massacre of 1929.

This movie dealt with a lot of crap from the censorship, including having to film an alternate ending...which is what has been shown & known for decades. But, a few years ago the original version (which is what was originally released to theaters in 1932) was found, and both versions have been digitally restored—and are included on the 2019 Blu-ray! :thumbsup:

What’s crazy is...I’ve actually never seen the famous 1983 remake, starring Al Pacino! But, I recently acquired the 2019 35th anniversary gold edition Blu-ray of it. It’s tomorrow night’s viewing pleasure. :dance:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Correct! :clap: I love this one, too...considered the film that started the gangster genre. They even used some of Capone’s real-life henchmen as “consultants”, lol :eek: (as this basically was the story of Capone’s reign of terror—but with different names)! All the hits & incidents were based on real-life ones...including the St. Valentines Day massacre of 1929.

This movie dealt with a lot of crap from the censorship, including having to film an alternate ending...which is what has been shown & known for decades. But, a few years ago the original version (which is what was originally released to theaters in 1932) was found, and both versions have been digitally restored—and are included on the 2019 Blu-ray! :thumbsup:

What’s crazy is...I’ve actually never seen the famous 1983 remake, starring Al Pacino! But, I recently acquired the 2019 35th anniversary gold edition Blu-ray of it. It’s tomorrow night’s viewing pleasure. :dance:

:eek:

That really surprises me with you being a huge Miami Vice fan.

3 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

:eek:

That really surprises me with you being a huge Miami Vice fan.

I know...and I like a lot of gangster/Capone/mafia type movies, but for some reason I’d just never gotten around to seeing this movie? ?( Tonight will change all that. ;)

I may be thinking of a different movie, but I’m thinking that this Scarface got a lot of “heat” or flack from certain groups and media outlets at the time, for having the most F-words used in a film. The movie Christine, based on Stephen King’s novel, was released the same year (1983)...but  before Scarface. It purposely had used a lot of F-bombs to make it what they used to call a hard-R, or hard R-rated...because of the language.

Because of that, Christine got a lot of flack and negativity in the media. I’ll be honest and say that some of the F-words used in Christine were a little ridiculous, and didn’t even quite make sense sometimes where they were used, lol. :p But, when Scarface was finally released, it had the most F-bombs used in a film up to that time.

It then took the flack from the media for being one of the most vulgar films released up to that time, and Christine was able to “squeak” by with little or no more negativity in the media, lol. However, I believe that Scarface was nominated for several awards, maybe even winning a couple? But, not for ‘Most Foul Language’, lol! :)

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MrsEvanFreed said:

Black Christmas (1974)  

Correct! I figured someone would get that one pretty easy, but wanted to do a Christmas one...of sorts. :p Although this movie is supposedly set at Christmas time, the plot has nothing to do with the holiday. Very well done slasher/thriller...the creepiest & scariest thing about the film is the phone calls! That voice...and the bizarre things it says, absolutely make your skin crawl! :eek: Plus, the ending...pretty crazy (don’t want to give too much away, for those who haven’t seen it)! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vincent Hanna said:

The Talented Mr Ripley?

Correct! :thumbsup: The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)! This is actually a clip of the murder (where Jude Law actually broke a rib while filming the attack scene with Matt Damon). 

Amazing film, locations, and superb cast!! :clap: :glossy:I’ve never read the original Ripley novels, written by Patricia Highsmith...but a few have been made into movies.

The first movie to be made off of Highsmith’s 1955 novel (which was titled “The Talented Mr. Ripley”) was a French film...originally titled Plein Soleil (1960) but was later retitled Purple Noon for American audiences. It starred famous French actor Alain Delon...and this was his first major film that shot him to stardom. Purple Noon is also a very good movie, and the Criterion Collection has an amazing special edition Blu-ray well worth getting! 

But, in my opinion the ‘99 version, which kept the original title: The Talented Mr. Ripley, is the best version! 

• Like 2