Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

• 3 weeks later...

It's "Keoma" (DJANGO RIDES AGAIN) (THE VIOLENT BREED)

In that scene like in "Evan" he tells him that the bullet has his name on it, sort of implied as well.

One of my favorite spaghetti westerns.

"Keoma" is considered by many critics as one of the last great spaghetti westerns.

Keoma (1976)

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

I haven't seen Keoma but I love Sergio Corbucci's Django. Fantastic film. Sergio Corbucci's The Great Silence is also a great film. Corbucci's Companeros (1970) is also great. It stars Franco Nero, Tomas Milian (Great actor. He was in Miami Vice episode Bought and Paid For) and Jack Palance. Corbucci's Sonny and Jed (1972) is also excellent. It stars Tomas Milian, Susan George and Telly Savalas. It's on youtube.

The sixties were the golden era for spaghetti westerns starting with A Fistful of Dollars in 1964. It's widely believed that the release of Bud Spencer and Terence Hill's western comedy They Call Me Trinity in 1970 signalled the end of the genre. After that there were a lot more comedy westerns although Sergio Leone directed A Fistful of Dynamite in 1971 and Sergio Corbucci directed Companeros and Sonny and Jed. Despite that, spaghetti westerns went out of style in the '70s and were replaced by Poliziotteschis (crime movies).

Four of the Apocalypse (1975) directed by Lucio Fulci was a late spaghetti western. Like The Great Silence it was a western in the snow. Tomas Milian is in the film for about 15 minutes and is great. That gave the genre a small revival. It was followed by Keoma the following year and by Mannaja (starring poliziotteschi icon Maurizo Merli) in 1977. The genre was over after that.

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

It's "Keoma" (DJANGO RIDES AGAIN) (THE VIOLENT BREED)

In that scene like in "Evan" he tells him that the bullet has his name on it, sort of implied as well.

One of my favorite spaghetti westerns.

"Keoma" is considered by many critics as one of the last great spaghetti westerns.

Keoma (1976)

I’ve been going through Clint Eastwood’s spaghetti western “man with no name” series lately. Haven’t watched them in years, and it’s fun seeing them again. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

I’ve been going through Clint Eastwood’s spaghetti western “man with no name” series lately. Haven’t watched them in years, and it’s fun seeing them again. :thumbsup:

I am completely in agreement with you ViceFanMan.  All these films tell great stories.  Sergio Leone gets my gratitude for his wonderful directing talent. 

• Like 3

"The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" is the godfather of the spaghetti westerns.

A groundbreaking masterpiece which is breezes into the top 10 greatest films of all time.  

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

"The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" is the godfather of the spaghetti westerns.

A groundbreaking masterpiece which is breezes into the top 10 greatest films of all time.  

2 hours ago, Tommy Vercetti said:

Here's a great cover of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly by The Pogues. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_iY1opBOkw

I’ve recently gotten all 3 of the “man with no name” movies...restored 4K Blu-rays from Kino Lorber. They’re awesome, with tons of special features! Once cool aspect is you can switch around the inside cover on the Blu-ray cases, as each side is a copy of a different theatrical release poster...and you can decide which one you like. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

I am completely in agreement with you ViceFanMan.  All these films tell great stories.  Sergio Leone gets my gratitude for his wonderful directing talent. 

"Back to the Future 3"   Stole this scene from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" with Marty wearing the door of an old pot belly stove under his clothes to survive a shootout.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Back+to+the+Future+3+shootout&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA841CA841&oq=Back+to+the+Future+3+shootout&aqs=chrome..69i57j46i512j0i512j0i15i22i30i625j0i22i30i625l2j0i390l3.8997j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:ab6e1817,vid:TmGUFNLkxxQ.           Biff can be seen watching Sergio’s original movie while in his hot tub in BTTF. 2

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

"Back to the Future 3"   Stole this scene from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" with Marty wearing the door of an old pot belly stove under his clothes to survive a shootout.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Back+to+the+Future+3+shootout&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA841CA841&oq=Back+to+the+Future+3+shootout&aqs=chrome..69i57j46i512j0i512j0i15i22i30i625j0i22i30i625l2j0i390l3.8997j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:ab6e1817,vid:TmGUFNLkxxQ.           Biff can be seen watching Sergio’s original movie while in his hot tub in BTTF. 2

That’s awesome...I had not put that together before! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 12:51 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Next-

Untitled.thumb.png.200c0ea003c0aebdcc4bb5f5851e2e90.png

The Running Man 

Hi Dweezil Zappa!

Edited by MrsEvanFreed
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, MrsEvanFreed said:

The Running Man 

Hi Dweezil Zappa!

Correct!:thumbsup:

And if it wasn't for Dweezil the show wouldn't have recruited his dad, and what fantastic acting job he did.

Frank was a natural actor.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 11:17 AM, RedDragon86 said:

It is Vamp (1986)

I should have gotten that one...I've seen Vamp, but it's been years, LOL! 

• Like 1