Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

Blumhouse's Halloween trilogy, more Miss than Hit.  :sick:

Some creative choices made in these films, ranged from questionable to ridiculous.

Especially in Halloween Ends.

Mind you, the same Director and writers are currently filming The Exorcist sequel.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MrsEvanFreed said:

Blumhouse's Halloween trilogy, more Miss than Hit.  :sick:

Some creative choices made in these films, ranged from questionable to ridiculous.

Especially in Halloween Ends.

Mind you, the same Director and writers are currently filming The Exorcist sequel.

Agreed...I feel Blumhouse & David Gordon Green totally missed-the-mark with the new “Halloween” trilogy—especially with “Ends”! :wuerg: :thumbsdown: Like Rob Zombie & his two pieces of garbage...I’m afraid Blumhouse has all but ruined the “Halloween” franchise. ;( 

I’ve heard about a new Exorcist movie supposedly in the works...not sure if they’re trying to remake the original or actually do a sequel from/to the original? Either way, I’m very leery about whether it will be very good, considering what they did to Halloween:o 

Edited by ViceFanMan

22 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Well, the “thorn” Druid/Satanic cult aspect came later, and that did get a little over-the-top. However, Carpenter had Michael Myers personify evil from the beginning...the point was to show that evil is all around us & we need to be more aware (as the teens in the movie of course were not).

Michael was always supposed to be evil, and not like a regular human. However, the motives or force behind the evil weren’t necessarily explained in the 1978 original. But, at the end they purposely had Michael not be dead...as evil can’t just be immediately killed or stopped like a normal person. It is a force.

However, there’s also always good to fight or stand up to evil...and that was personified in Laurie & Dr. Loomis. It’s basically a good vs. evil movie, but done in a more simple & even realistic way (except Michael still alive in the end). It was beautifully done! 

I liked “part II” (1981)...it was a little more gory, but not too bad. And I liked the new plot twist at the end...where we find out there is a secret motive behind Michael’s stalking of Laurie—not the thorn thing...that still came later. ;)

But wouldn't you say Michael was evil and human at the same time, like Ted Bundy?

Edited by RedDragon86

15 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

But wouldn't you say Michael was evil and human at the same time, like Ted Bundy?

No...in the movie/story, Michael Myers was completely evil by the time he was an adult & escaped from the sanitarium. The human part of him had long since “died” or been completely eradicated/taken over by the evil. He was not a normal human anymore. He was an evil force. 

In reality people like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Dennis Rader (BTK), etc...are absolutely evil (and I mean that literally & Biblically)—they are the “Michael Myers’” of the real world! But, they are still technically humans...they can die, as Bundy & Dahmer are already dead. ;) 

Edited by ViceFanMan

On 1/7/2023 at 10:27 AM, RedDragon86 said:

That the main issue with the BH trilogy IMHO.

They played both sides, Laurie saying Mikey transcends with each murder in Halloween Kills.

Building him up to be more than Human.

Then Mikey was a hobo and weakling living in the sewer in Halloween Ends.

While Cory's "Cousin Oliver" ass bitch slapped and talked shit to him.

That actor screamed Nepotism hire to me.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

1974 :thumbsup:

I figured...but the pic was somewhat obscure enough that I wasn’t for sure. I’m not a huge fan of the “Texas Chainsaw” movies, so I’ve only seen them once in the past, lol! 

Also, despite everyone’s claims that their uncle’s cousin’s twice-removed sister & their dogs lived down the road or in the same town back when the actual event happened :p...there was no massacre by chainsaw in Texas (or anywhere else for that matter). Characters and/or events from the movies/novels Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Silence of the Lambs are all based off horrific & sick acts that real-life serial killer Ed Gein did in Wisconsin in the late 1950s.

Edited by ViceFanMan

7 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Next:

Untitled.thumb.png.678c0b1c5f8e82372e82de71603fa495.png

This is a total guess, as believe it or not I’ve not actually seen this movie (even though I love the history behind the prison & case involved)...but this looks like the inside of a prison, so: Escape From Alcatraz (1979)?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

This is a total guess, as believe it or not I’ve not actually seen this movie (even though I love the history behind the prison & case involved)...but this looks like the inside of a prison, so: Escape From Alcatraz (1979)?

Yes! a young Fred Ward as the prisoner.

Jack Thibeau who starred in "Shadow in the Dark" of course was his fellow prisoner.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Yes! a young Fred Ward as the prisoner.

Jack Thibeau who starred in "Shadow in the Dark" of course was his fellow prisoner.

I’m gonna have to check that movie out soon...I’ve always meant to see it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Next: I think you might recognize the actor :)

Untitled.thumb.png.2bfca08e5800aaeacb473bb795b9630b.png

This is a younger William Russ (Evan) in “Cruising” (1980) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I knew it was William Russ (Evan), and I knew it was an older movie as young as he looks, but I didn’t know which one. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Correct! very controversial film at the time and I can understand it's not everybody's cup of tea :)

I felt that the ending was rushed and we never really got to know who was the ultimate killer. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Correct! very controversial film at the time and I can understand it's not everybody's cup of tea :)

I felt that the ending was rushed and we never really got to know who was the ultimate killer. 

I remember seeing this movie several years ago, but recall not really getting into it. I will have to give it a re-watch!

Maniac (1980)

Unsettling film, to say the least.

In high school my buddies and I saw this at the video store and rented it based on the cover.  That particular scene above was rewound probably 20 times!  We couldn't believe what we were watching!  Good times....but still a messed-up flick!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Maniac (1980)

Unsettling film, to say the least.

In high school my buddies and I saw this at the video store and rented it based on the cover.  That particular scene above was rewound probably 20 times!  We couldn't believe what we were watching!  Good times....but still a messed-up flick!

Interesting facts about that particular scene, the Chicago critic Gene Siskel walked out of the theater after watching it and the guy who gets is head blown off is the actual shooter and the production team broke the law by firing a real shotgun in NYC, as soon as it went off they all did a runner :)

The actor Tom Savini/stunt man and makeup artist really flew back after the shotgun blast and he went back onto a windshield, luckily he was not injured.  

Edited by RedDragon86