Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

4 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Correct!

The name & old cassette tape kind of “clicked” with me...amazing movie & plot! However, I just looked it up and I did not remember that actor/singer Donnie Whalberg played Vincent at the beginning...he purposely starved himself to lose over 30 pounds, to get the role! :eek: 

084C0F5D-C71A-4B26-BB5A-0A8B843831D3.jpeg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Next:

Untitled.thumb.png.b2648141ec4b08c38da9cd4056a2c609.png

Total out-there guess, but trying to think of a Bruce Willis film (besides the “Die Hards”) that this pic would possibly fit...so I’m going to guess Last Man Standing (1996)?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, fakespyder said:

Loaded Weapon.

Probably the best scene in the movie.

That's the one! :thumbsup:

I love the fact that Bruce accepted this small cameo :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Still haven't decided if I hate that or Halloween Ends more.

I hate Zombie’s garbage, as well as “Ends”! :thumbsdown: I was greatly disappointed with the new trilogy overall! :evil: In my opinion the original (real) “Halloween” movie series is the best...and the last true great “Halloween” film was H20.

Edited by ViceFanMan

Hall

1 hour ago, ViceFanMan said:

I hate Zombie’s garbage, as well as “Ends”! :thumbsdown: I was greatly disappointed with the new trilogy overall! :evil: In my opinion the original (real) “Halloween” movie series is the best...and the last true great “Halloween” film was H20.

Hallo18 was good, not great, but enjoyable for the 11th film in the series.  Kills was ridiculous but still entertaining.  Ends was just a weird way to complete such an iconic horror franchise.  I honestly don't understand why John Carpenter wanted his name associated with it.  It couldn't have been that big of a paycheck!

47 minutes ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Hall

Hallo18 was good, not great, but enjoyable for the 11th film in the series.  Kills was ridiculous but still entertaining.  Ends was just a weird way to complete such an iconic horror franchise.  I honestly don't understand why John Carpenter wanted his name associated with it.  It couldn't have been that big of a paycheck!

I was really hoping that Halloween (2018) would be really good...but I was greatly disappointed. It wasn’t scary or in-depth with plot much (as the original films were). It was just a gore fest...“how graphic & bloody can we make this kill?”. Like all that wasn’t done with the gazillion Freddys & Jasons. :rolleyes:

“Kills” included more people from the original 1978 movie...but what they did to them, and how they had the plot go was yes..ridiculous & even more disappointing to me. :o

”Ends” was just pure garbage & beyond ridiculous! The plot and how they ended it was just stupid & bizarre. :thumbsdown: The whole “Corey” thing made no sense & ruined the entire trilogy. Plus, half of it seemed to take place in the sewers...I half expected Pennywise from the “IT” movies to jump out & kill them all! :p

I’m sure Carpenter gets a nice chunk-of-change every time the Halloween theme & music are used...he’s talked about that before, where he is pretty much happy or okay with any movie made that uses the music so he can get a nice paycheck. ;)

But, I would definitely be embarrassed to be involved with this new trilogy...Jamie Lee Curtis as well. :redface: But, it is what it is. For me...I’ll stick with the original movies. :thumbsup:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

I was really hoping that Halloween (2018) would be really good...but I was greatly disappointed. It wasn’t scary or in-depth with plot much (as the original films were). It was just a gore fest...“how graphic & bloody can we make this kill?”. Like all that wasn’t done with the gazillion Freddys & Jasons. :rolleyes:

“Kills” included more people from the original 1978 movie...but what they did to them, and how they had the plot go was yes..ridiculous & even more disappointing to me. :o

”Ends” was just pure garbage & beyond ridiculous! The plot and how they ended it was just stupid & bizarre. :thumbsdown: The whole “Corey” thing made no sense & ruined the entire trilogy. Plus, half of it seemed to take place in the sewers...I half expected Pennywise from the “IT” movies to jump out & kill them all! :p

I’m sure Carpenter gets a nice chunk-of-change every time the Halloween theme & music are used...he’s talked about that before, where he is pretty much happy or okay with any movie made that uses the music so he can get a nice paycheck. ;)

But, I would definitely be embarrassed to be involved with this new trilogy...Jamie Lee Curtis as well. :redface: But, it is what it is. For me...I’ll stick with the original movies. :thumbsup:

There was depth and subtlety and unique atmosphere in the original, these churned out Halloween movies now are quite simply junk.

I didn't like the way they turned Michael into some sort of demonic force either, l didn't buy that cult crap. Even the second one was just a money maker, the way I saw it when Loomis shot Michael off the balcony in the original he crawled away and died in some bushes somewhere 10 yards away.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

There was depth and subtlety and unique atmosphere in the original, these churned out Halloween movies now are quite simply junk.

I didn't like the way they turned Michael into some sort of demonic force either, l didn't buy that cult crap. Even the second one was just a money maker, the way I saw it when Loomis shot Michael off the balcony in the original he crawled away and died in some bushes somewhere 10 yards away.

Well, the “thorn” Druid/Satanic cult aspect came later, and that did get a little over-the-top. However, Carpenter had Michael Myers personify evil from the beginning...the point was to show that evil is all around us & we need to be more aware (as the teens in the movie of course were not).

Michael was always supposed to be evil, and not like a regular human. However, the motives or force behind the evil weren’t necessarily explained in the 1978 original. But, at the end they purposely had Michael not be dead...as evil can’t just be immediately killed or stopped like a normal person. It is a force.

However, there’s also always good to fight or stand up to evil...and that was personified in Laurie & Dr. Loomis. It’s basically a good vs. evil movie, but done in a more simple & even realistic way (except Michael still alive in the end). It was beautifully done! 

I liked “part II” (1981)...it was a little more gory, but not too bad. And I liked the new plot twist at the end...where we find out there is a secret motive behind Michael’s stalking of Laurie—not the thorn thing...that still came later. ;)

Edited by ViceFanMan