Thoughts on Covid 19

Ferrariman

2 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

You are so right. The whole thing has been rightly called a psyop and many on here appear to have been taken in by it. I remember writing a couple of years ago to say how dangerous these jabs were (clotting etc) and that people should be really careful about taking them. I was criticised roundly by some for saying this. And yet events have proved me right. As is often said now "I know of plenty who have regretted having this jab but no one who regrets NOT having it."I certainly don't. An interesting point you make about people wanting less social interaction...I've found that to be true and it's not a good tendency. I know both my neighbours on a friendly basis but I think that's partly because Mike on one side (he's a pharmacist) thinks like I do and also because they've lived there for about 6 years now, as has my other neighbour Michael. I honestly don't think people are as outgoing now. By the way good luck with deciding on the right side to support- many must be in an utter quandry about this now :)

On the same page with the psyop thing. I tried my best to convince my family and friends to really do some deep research on this supposed inoculation in 2021 before taking it. Not even necessarily telling them to do or not do anything, just to really use some critical, analytical thinking on their own without listening to uninformed people on either side of the issue. There was plenty of paranoid stupidity on both sides of the issue. And that was the issue in itself, that a medical choice could be an "issue" at all. The narrative made no sense from the very beginning, and made even less sense as time went on until it came to a point of confusing lunacy. It was so shocking to see people I'd known all my life be swept up in propaganda so easily. For the paranoia-inclined, it seemed like a perfect evil plan to kill off the whole planet. For the other paranoia-inclined, everyone who chose not to get it was a selfish POS out to kill grandma. The dehumanization and attempts to destroy the lives of people who chose not to participate was very shocking too.

One thing is certain after all this. The panic that was spread all throughout 2020 was to accomplish the vaccination campaign. I don't think it worked quite as well as they thought it would, though, and in some ways it backfired. The smoking gun after the fact was the fact that Pfizer tried to conceal their trial records for, what was it, 50 years or more? Until a judge ruled that they be made public. What we saw those few years was a major litmus test. I don't have an issue with people making their own medical choices. I have an issue with shutting down society, bombarding people with propaganda, and being forced into taking any medical treatment without proper trial and disclosure of the risks and side effects, but rather a concerted effort to conceal any negatives.

Anyway, rant over :) back to admiring my Ray-Bans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

You are so right. The whole thing has been rightly called a psyop and many on here appear to have been taken in by it. I remember writing a couple of years ago to say how dangerous these jabs were (clotting etc) and that people should be really careful about taking them. I was criticised roundly by some for saying this. And yet events have proved me right. As is often said now "I know of plenty who have regretted having this jab but no one who regrets NOT having it."I certainly don't. An interesting point you make about people wanting less social interaction...I've found that to be true and it's not a good tendency. I know both my neighbours on a friendly basis but I think that's partly because Mike on one side (he's a pharmacist) thinks like I do and also because they've lived there for about 6 years now, as has my other neighbour Michael. I honestly don't think people are as outgoing now. By the way good luck with deciding on the right side to support- many must be in an utter quandry about this now :)

I friend of mine I’ve worked with for over 25 years didn’t get vaccinated.  He had to get tested weekly when our school district returned from lockdown in early spring of 21.  What a hassle but he wasn’t the only one.  Another teacher quit because he said getting weekly tests was “inhumane” and “disrespectful”?  Another is still wearing a mask to this day!  We returned to a regular schedule the following fall.  There are certainly all kinds.

Anyway, my friend got it that first full year back and lost his smell.  Never got too sick, but closing in on two years later he still can’t smell properly.  He told me it was a mistake.  He used to make his own wine and was a real foodie.  Says it sucks now and he regrets it.

All that said, anecdotal evidence is next to worthless.  Unfortunately many people use their small experience as evidence for what is going on everywhere.  That’s like doing a poll with a sample size of five for the US.  The margin of error would be close to 50% or the same as a coin flip.

• Like 2

In general. The choice between not taking it or taking was fear based. If someone experienced covid with bad symptoms before mRNA vaccination appeared in spring 2021, I guess most of them chose to take it. Others like me that are young might more confident in their immune systems. In my case I made my decision on mere numbers. My age (+on the fact I don't have illness or weak immune system) and the actual death rate. Which was lower than 0,4% in my country. Also listened carefully, when the Covid 19 first gained big international attention in China they already reported around 90% of the ppl that are carrying the virus will be symptomfree and they not even realizing having it and spreading it.  So that can be also possible that I have had covid several times just not experiencing any effect of that.

1. If you did choose not to take it, it is also your responsibility after all.  Thanks to the media and politics pushing it most of the citizens not taking it are actually aware of the fact they can not put blame on others just themselves in case of long term health issues after covid. And it is good I think if ppl are aware of that.

2. If you did take it, its your responsibility also. If side effects occur its too bad, but can happen. And yes blood cloths also in the side effects.  Pfizer or other brands are not denying the possibility of the lot of side effects . It's your own responsibility after all even if the media and politics sayin' this is safe and effective. They always "forget" to mention the actual percentage. For example let's say it is 95% safe and effective. We don't know the actual number. They don't know the actual number so they simple left the percentage out of their communication. Let's say it takes at least 10years, hopefully we see the real numbers. But politics can highlight or simply hide facts if that is their interest (simply by not doing research on the matter later. This is politics I don't want too go in that now, but everyone knows these kind of approaches) Pfizer and these other brands revenue skyrocketed in 2021 and 2022 and for 2023 it decreased significantly as I saw Q3 numbers comparison.

*Attached European Comission & BionTech Pfizer contract  - important part for the EU citizens on the bottom of page 48

and of course this is not what we have been told. They only shared it is safe and effective over and over again. Classic propaganda communication. Choose a short and strong words that are easily understandable and more than the 99% of your citizens can comprehend the message.kp.png.2fac1b6342163c0c8a5fbe85ab6aa869.png

We are roughly 8billion on this earth now. If let's say 24million people dies directly + undirectly from a virus globally over 3years, that is 0.003 part of the actual popultion of the earth.

We all know in 2020-2021-2022 [media/politics partly] concentrated on this thing so they just washed together the covid 19 patients and flu patients since it is not that easy to differentiate the two a lot of times. Both can cause after a point lung-inflammation and then death.

So my take on the matter. I hope as long as we live in a constitutional republic we will be free to choose whether we take a new technology vaccine or not.

European_Comission_1618676600910_APA BioNTech Pfizer__.pdf

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

I know a few. They live right next door to me. I listened to all the anti Vax bullshit they read on facebook. The government is spreading it, we're being microchipped, etc.,etc.  Well they finally got it, almost died from it and finally admitted they were wrong.  

I agree it's a matter of personal choice but as I said before, I hope for your sake, you never get it!.

Don't worry , Ferrariman, I know I'm perfectly safe :)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BunMVO said:

On the same page with the psyop thing. I tried my best to convince my family and friends to really do some deep research on this supposed inoculation in 2021 before taking it. Not even necessarily telling them to do or not do anything, just to really use some critical, analytical thinking on their own without listening to uninformed people on either side of the issue. There was plenty of paranoid stupidity on both sides of the issue. And that was the issue in itself, that a medical choice could be an "issue" at all. The narrative made no sense from the very beginning, and made even less sense as time went on until it came to a point of confusing lunacy. It was so shocking to see people I'd known all my life be swept up in propaganda so easily. For the paranoia-inclined, it seemed like a perfect evil plan to kill off the whole planet. For the other paranoia-inclined, everyone who chose not to get it was a selfish POS out to kill grandma. The dehumanization and attempts to destroy the lives of people who chose not to participate was very shocking too.

One thing is certain after all this. The panic that was spread all throughout 2020 was to accomplish the vaccination campaign. I don't think it worked quite as well as they thought it would, though, and in some ways it backfired. The smoking gun after the fact was the fact that Pfizer tried to conceal their trial records for, what was it, 50 years or more? Until a judge ruled that they be made public. What we saw those few years was a major litmus test. I don't have an issue with people making their own medical choices. I have an issue with shutting down society, bombarding people with propaganda, and being forced into taking any medical treatment without proper trial and disclosure of the risks and side effects, but rather a concerted effort to conceal any negatives.

Anyway, rant over :) back to admiring my Ray-Bans.

Very well said!You could have added the lockstep actions of world governments, which in itself is 100% suspicious.

21 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

As more people are being forced into renting, this kind of socializing is disappearing, in no part based on how most apartment complexes are designed. And as rent continues to skyrocket, without incomes keeping up, many just don't have the time or energy to go knocking on doors and the like. Where we live it's becoming more and more uncommon to find someone who's been in the same residence (I can't stand calling an apartment "home"...it's more like a storage unit with indoor plumbing) for more than five or six years, let alone 25. Having moved from a house to rental (job change), I've experienced that particular dynamic first-hand, as have many of my friends. 

We only knocked on about three or four immediate neighbors doors.  I was mostly referring to saying hello in situations where we ran into each other.  Everybody gets their mail, almost everybody parks in the structure, most use the elevators.  I was usually, but not always, the one to initiate with a hello.  Some very interesting conversations often followed, but many times not.  That’s fine.

There’s a back story behind why I almost always initiate the greeting going way back to college.  I was a college athlete, almost 6-8 tall and not a skinny guy.  I came to realize that my size can be intimidating to some people.  People just exiting the elevator or in an aisle in the market have had clearly uncomfortable responses when they find me near them.  More than a few times women have even let out a vocal response and occasionally some men.  Interestingly the women almost always apologized, not so the men.  I feel a little bad, but it’s who I am.  These aren’t rare instances in my 35 years being this height.  So I learned  long ago in college to try to smile and say hi first to minimize those situations.

If someone doesn’t want to talk or meet their neighbors, I get it, but the post seemed to be about wanting socialization and it not happening.  It takes two to tango, as they say, but someone has to take the lead.  The best way to meet and get to know people is to talk to them, so I was just suggesting taking the lead.  Do something instead of just complaining.  That’s my point.

I know what your point was, but you're also ignoring certain aspects of things (possibly due to lack of recent experience with apartment complexes). I've lived in many over the years, and layout makes a huge difference. The best ones in my experience have parking assigned based on the apartment (which is VERY rare these days where I am now) and also have that parking located on the interior of the complex so you see people from your building going to their assigned spot (and they see you doing the same thing...and those spots are in immediate proximity to where you live instead of being the only free spot on the far side of the complex). Parking structures are NOT common outside of more urban areas, and mail rooms are not, either. Often you'll simply have some kind of central hut (again, the best ones had interior boxes where people in the same building had a common meeting point). Design plays a huge role in socialization, and even in residential neighborhoods you tend to meet your neighbors when you're engaged in similar activities (going to or coming home from work, taking out the trash, and so on). When those conditions don't exist, or design works to actively prevent them from occurring, socialization drops. That's my point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

I know what your point was, but you're also ignoring certain aspects of things (possibly due to lack of recent experience with apartment complexes). I've lived in many over the years, and layout makes a huge difference. The best ones in my experience have parking assigned based on the apartment (which is VERY rare these days where I am now) and also have that parking located on the interior of the complex so you see people from your building going to their assigned spot (and they see you doing the same thing...and those spots are in immediate proximity to where you live instead of being the only free spot on the far side of the complex). Parking structures are NOT common outside of more urban areas, and mail rooms are not, either. Often you'll simply have some kind of central hut (again, the best ones had interior boxes where people in the same building had a common meeting point). Design plays a huge role in socialization, and even in residential neighborhoods you tend to meet your neighbors when you're engaged in similar activities (going to or coming home from work, taking out the trash, and so on). When those conditions don't exist, or design works to actively prevent them from occurring, socialization drops. That's my point.

My initial response was to his comment that he is living in a side by side townhouse complex, which I am as well.  Apartment buildings certainly have a wide variety of layouts, but that was the description of his circumstances so I used that as the basis for my comments.  

With that arrangement, entry doors are quite close to one another and I find it hard to believe that one can come and go and not run into neighbors.  In contrast, the typical suburban, wide lawn, front garage layout, is perhaps the antithesis of this.  Residents can live entirely in their home or walled backyard, and enter the garage to come and go, never interacting with neighbors.  

I  lived in various apartments from the late 80’s to the late 90’s, and met many neighbors.  These were apartments ranging in design age from the 30’s in Santa Monica with internal hallways to the 60’s in Santa Barbara with external walkways, plus many in between those design decades. They all had different parking and mail arrangements as well, but still I met many neighbors.

That said, I fully agree that the layout of our built environment has a tremendous impact on socialization.  We study this in the architecture and engineering academy that I teach in at my high school.  New Urbanism of the last few decades is quite honestly just returning to the more sociable forms of building from the past.  Front porches closer to the sidewalk, or front stoops doing the same provide natural places of interaction.  Increased plaza and sidewalk space in business areas encourages strolling and dining outdoors.  I also understand that poor urban planning and residential design from the recent past have discouraged this type of socialization.

Still, individuals play a roll and can move beyond these hindrances.  As the initial poster was in a side by side townhouse setting, it seems to me that these hindrances are perhaps less and reasonable socialization is facilitated, but it takes an effort from one party or another to make it happen.