70's to 90's themed gun thread

Miami_JBT

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 9:00 AM, Kladdagh said:

I am with you with your statement ... Some laws for protection are a little akward but ... 

And yes, better have a knife and/or a blank gun (in the case we are talking about) than a replica ... that is my point.

Oh ... And great tunning with the MR73 ... this gun is amazing :)

Would love to have a Bren Ten but, I'll try for a Colt 1911A1 instead.

Used to have one of those (the Colt I mean) in the good old days when we could have guns........sigh....

• Sad 1

A bad day at the range still beats a good day in the office. 

https://i.imgur.com/1a6vBZx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3zYR7jU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gKCUsvZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7GEfbOb.jpg

Colt Trooper MKIII
Smith & Wesson Model 19-4
Ruger Security Six

Three classics when Highway Patrolmen and State Troopers carried six inch .357 magnum wheel guns.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Nice! Seems like I’ve seen this somewhere. :p :dance2:

Beautiful guns. Shoot them in good health. 

BTW: You can post the pics directly to the board if you wish.

4 hours ago, timm525 said:

Nice! Seems like I’ve seen this somewhere. :p :dance2:

Beautiful guns. Shoot them in good health. 

BTW: You can post the pics directly to the board if you wish.

For some reason, I didn't on this one.

On 5/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, Miami_JBT said:

That's an issue with your self defense laws. But to say that you can't own a handgun in France is a misstatement of facts. In Florida, we have Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground. Lethal Force with a firearm is fully justified here if someone  breaks into your home and attempts to attack you.

we don't have defence laws. this is how it works for ages, and is perfectly fine. in case of problem you take the phone and in less than 10 minutes you have your house surrounded by cops

regarding the owning of handguns we can own any handgun, but it's stricly regulated. You can own only for sport, and you have to renew your license every year, or two years. when you do so, you have to proove you have been practising regularly during the precedent period

military grade assault rifles are stricly prohibited. and shotguns canno't have more than five ammos. to own any hunting weapon you need to justify of a shooting range membership, or an hunting license. same goes for ammos of any type. only 4.5 air rifles are allowed for free selling

you can use hunting weapon, or handguns to protect yourself only in extreme situations. when you life is in immediate danger. and if it wasn't the case the sentence is generally very heavy (like an homicide)

for example a case of a guy who was once hijacked by a junky. he got tortured, and while he was tied up he heard the guy talking of 'finishing' him. luckily the junky felt asleep, and the guy managed to freed himself and killed the guy with an axe while he was sleeping. even in that situation the victim still did one month of jail (probably because of the papers i conceed..). it is to say how serious is the law about self defense here. there is, and should be only one way, the police way, this is what law says here

this being said, that thread is cool

Edited by jpaul1

12 hours ago, Miami_JBT said:

A bad day at the range still beats a good day in the office. 

https://i.imgur.com/1a6vBZx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3zYR7jU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gKCUsvZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7GEfbOb.jpg

Colt Trooper MKIII
Smith & Wesson Model 19-4
Ruger Security Six

Three classics when Highway Patrolmen and State Troopers carried six inch .357 magnum wheel guns.

What a trio! One can't beat traditional wheel gun for class methinks! 

-J

• Like 1

Outstanding thread.

I’m a retired cop, 22 years total: some with a city P.D., some with a Sheriff’s Office, and the last few as a D.A. Inspector in Baghdad-by-the-Bay.  (Detective, FTO, SWAT for 14 years as Primary Entry/REAC and Maritime Interdiction, Firearms/TacOps Instructor for 18, DT/Baton/Taser Instructor for 13.)

Also spent a few years teaching/working in the private firearms sector as well;  working in gunshops and teaching in CA and NV.

Now I’m the Chief Training Officer for a private security and safety consulting company in CA and AZ, and soon most importantly FLA!

My Dad was a cop for 29 years, and I started s shooting with him when I was 7 or 8 years old.  After some time on various .22’s, I spent most my youth on his Colt Lawman III and Charter Arms .38.  

Suffice it to say, I’m a “firearms enthusiast.”

For the last several years I’ve EDC’d a Suarez Gen4 G19 with RMR or a Suarez G43 with RMR as well. (Carried the RMR 19 on duty as a D.A. Inspector, along with an S&W 649 on my ankle for back-up.)

With the CA gun laws being what they are, even for retired cops, I’m going to go back to the 1911 Commander in .45 with RMR for my EDC.  I have an Ed Brown Kobra Karry that is back at Brown for RMR milling and some other custom touches, and a first gen Kimber Pro-CDP at ATEi for same.  (We will see who finishes first...)

Anyway, your vintage ads and bits of history are absolutely spot on.  Really, really enjoyed it.

PLEASE keep it going!

And I have to echo my sadness when Vltor did not deliver the new Bren 10, and maybe more so when the Detonics MTX series failed to materialize:

7FD22A4F-6812-4BA0-867E-85D2BF295F47.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, wolfie1996 said:

Used to have one of those (the Colt I mean) in the good old days when we could have guns........sigh....

Live in the UK?

19 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

How did you guess :)

UK handgun ban. Last I checked, Northern Ireland still allows handgun ownership. Not sure about Isle of Man. 

Anyways.... 

Last night, working a political rally as a guest speaker. Had the S&W Model 686-3 on my hip.

IMG_49601.jpg

Edited by Miami_JBT
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Miami_JBT said:

UK handgun ban. Last I checked, Northern Ireland still allows handgun ownership. Not sure about Isle of Man. 

Anyways.... 

Last night, working a political rally as a guest speaker. Had the S&W Model 686-3 on my hip.

IMG_49601.jpg

Not sure about the two places you mention- I'd have to check :) Possibly worth moving, you think? IOM is just across the water from me :)  Would be surprised if NI allows it though as not only part of the UK, they've had their own problems with gun crime, as you can imagine...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

Not sure about the two places you mention- I'd have to check :) Possibly worth moving, you think? IOM is just across the water from me :)  Would be surprised if NI allows it though as not only part of the UK, they've had their own problems with gun crime, as you can imagine...

Isle of Man info.

https://www.cybershooters.org/?page_id=171

14 minutes ago, Miami_JBT said:

Very interesting! I wonder if one can have a second home on the IOM and benefit from such regs? I remember when the UK changed its laws (overnight, amazing what they can do when they actually want to) we in our club were thinking of acquiring a residence in France with the idea of using that as a place we could visit to pursue our hobby and the guns could be kept there of course ( as opposed to being handed in)but I think nothing came of it. From then on, all we were allowed to own were ridiculously long barrelled handguns and rifles that weren't semi automatics here. Needless to say, owners of shotguns have never been penalised despite a couple of people running amok with them in recent years, one guy killed about 15 people (locally!), some at random. Was just talking to a friend recently who has a shotgun (for clay pigeon shooting- he was about to be removed from the Christmas card list till he said that :) ) and toyed with the idea of even taking that up again, at least you can still keep a shotgun at home (and I still have the safe!)

29 minutes ago, wolfie1996 said:

Very interesting! I wonder if one can have a second home on the IOM and benefit from such regs? I remember when the UK changed its laws (overnight, amazing what they can do when they actually want to) we in our club were thinking of acquiring a residence in France with the idea of using that as a place we could visit to pursue our hobby and the guns could be kept there of course ( as opposed to being handed in)but I think nothing came of it. From then on, all we were allowed to own were ridiculously long barrelled handguns and rifles that weren't semi automatics here. Needless to say, owners of shotguns have never been penalised despite a couple of people running amok with them in recent years, one guy killed about 15 people (locally!), some at random. Was just talking to a friend recently who has a shotgun (for clay pigeon shooting- he was about to be removed from the Christmas card list till he said that :) ) and toyed with the idea of even taking that up again, at least you can still keep a shotgun at home (and I still have the safe!)

I grew up bird hunting and have a gaggle of semi-autos, pumps, SxS, O/Us, and single barreled guns. It is enjoyable to go to the range and go through half a case of ammo turning clays into dust on the skeet, trap, and sporting ranges. 

9 minutes ago, Miami_JBT said:

I grew up bird hunting and have a gaggle of semi-autos, pumps, SxS, O/Us, and single barreled guns. It is enjoyable to go to the range and go through half a case of ammo turning clays into dust on the skeet, trap, and sporting ranges. 

"Bird hunting"? Not real ones, I hope!!! Presumably you live in the USA where ownership of guns isn't restricted (yet!) I used to have four, which were quite sufficient..but illegal now of course unless you're a criminal in which  case they are easily obtainable and don't even need a licence.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

"Bird hunting"? Not real ones, I hope!!! Presumably you live in the USA where ownership of guns isn't restricted (yet!) I used to have four, which were quite sufficient..but illegal now of course unless you're a criminal in which  case they are easily obtainable and don't even need a licence.

Yeah, actual birds. Duck, Dove, Turkey, Lheasant, and Quail. I live in FL and was a cop in Miami.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miami_JBT said:

Yeah, actual birds. Duck, Dove, Turkey, Lheasant, and Quail. I live in FL and was a cop in Miami.

Why do you do that? It's killing for pleasure, is it not? And that is the definition of a psychopath.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

we in our club were thinking of acquiring a residence in France with the idea of using that as a place we could visit to pursue our hobby and the guns could be kept there 

I am in France ... I wonder where you would choose to come to have a residence ? I am SO curious :p

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

Why do you do that? It's killing for pleasure, is it not? And that is the definition of a psychopath.

For sure, I LOVE animals ... There are lots of hunters in my area, I am NOT one of 'em ... I stand with you on this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kladdagh said:

I am in France ... I wonder where you would choose to come to have a residence ? I am SO curious :p

Oh It would have needed to be near the coast so we could  easily get there :)  It all fell through unfortunately. Here's a fun fact though....it was important we get there one day to sign something and back on the same day- no tunnel then- so I paid someone with a small plane to fly us from the nearest (tiny) airport there and back in a day! Just like Smugglers Blues eh? Only uneasy moment I had  was on the flight back where it got very foggy and I couldn't help thinking of  all those hills and pylons ........

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

Eating 

My Father grew up bird hunting. My grand uncle grew up bird hunting in Cuba, etc....

Wild game is delicious.

You can't go to a supermarket and buy Pheasant or Dove. They don't sell Osceola Turkey, a species that is wild in Florida. 

I hunt and I fish.