70's to 90's themed gun thread

Miami_JBT

3 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

For sure, I LOVE animals ... There are lots of hunters in my area, I am NOT one of 'em ... I stand with you on this. 

To each their own.

Some of my earliest memories are hunting with my Father. Getting up before dawn, going to Lake Okeechobee, setting up the decoys, having my Black Labrador Retriever next to me, waiting for sunrise, seeing the ducks migrate, Dad working the call, seeing them come in, watching the dog work, going home, preparing the game, and eating it that night.

I love animals too. But I understand meat doesn't grow in labs (not yet). Every Steak out there was farmed and harvested from an animal. 

Anyways.... starting to get off topic.

20210527_174816.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie1996 said:

Oh It would have needed to be near the coast so we could  easily get there :)  It all fell through unfortunately. Here's a fun fact though....it was important we get there one day to sign something and back on the same day- no tunnel then- so I paid someone with a small plane to fly us from the nearest (tiny) airport there and back in a day! Just like Smugglers Blues eh? Only uneasy moment I had  was on the flight back where it got very foggy and I couldn't help thinking of  all those hills and pylons ........

LOL....

I flew as a kid in the Civil Air Patrol. Flying over FL Waters was FUN!

2 hours ago, Miami_JBT said:

To each their own.

Some of my earliest memories are hunting with my Father. Getting up before dawn, going to Lake Okeechobee, setting up the decoys, having my Black Labrador Retriever next to me, waiting for sunrise, seeing the ducks migrate, Dad working the call, seeing them come in, watching the dog work, going home, preparing the game, and eating it that night.

I love animals too. But I understand meat doesn't grow in labs (not yet). Every Steak out there was farmed and harvested from an animal. 

Anyways.... starting to get off topic.

20210527_174816.jpg

Stop pretending you do it for the food. I've heard it all before a thousand times. Naturally nobody is going to tell the truth  and  say I love killing things, are they? So they trot out all this other nonsense about eating it, meat has to be farmed, even "conservation" I've seen used , or "they're vermin". Living things have as much right to their life as you have. I  believe in defending the innocent and defenceless and will always do so. 

I'm retired from Probation & Parole, but people hold grudges for getting caught doing stupid stuff. It's like prison is their real home and they just want out now and then for a vacation. A few would like to kill me so I continue to carry hoping for the best. This is almost always on me. 

118798F0-7ECD-40FC-A9BC-31DC093A2765.heic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie1996 said:

Stop pretending you do it for the food. I've heard it all before a thousand times. Naturally nobody is going to tell the truth  and  say I love killing things, are they? So they trot out all this other nonsense about eating it, meat has to be farmed, even "conservation" I've seen used , or "they're vermin". Living things have as much right to their life as you have. I  believe in defending the innocent and defenceless and will always do so. 

When tasty Morning Dove wrapped in Bacon is sold in Publix Supermarkets, it'll save me money. And last I checked,  Iguana isn't sold in stores either. But they can be hunted in Puerto Rico. 

Grew up hunting and eating the critters I hunted. If you don't like it, oh well. Let's not derail this thread. 

I carried my S&W Model 342Ti over there. This photo was taken in Luquillo. The walking tasty reptile was also in Luquillo. 

20210510_133842.jpg

20210512_101615.jpg

3 minutes ago, Miami_JBT said:

When tasty Morning Dove wrapped in Bacon is sold in Publix Supermarkets, it'll save me money. And last I checked,  Iguana isn't sold in stores either. But they can be hunted in Puerto Rico. 

Grew up hunting and eating the critters I hunted. If you don't like it, oh well. Let's not derail this thread. 

I carried my S&W Model 342Ti over there. This photo was taken in Luquillo. The walking tasty reptile was also in Luquillo. 

20210510_133842.jpg

20210512_101615.jpg

People who enjoy killing are known as psychopaths.

• Administrators

I’m beginning to think that gun topics should be taboo along with religion and politics.  Simply because they always end in arguments!   Can’t we all just get along?! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

I’m beginning to think that gun topics should be taboo along with religion and politics.  Simply because they always end in arguments!   Can’t we all just get along?! 

Well if people persist in being provocative, what do you expect? Maybe you should have made your comment after he was taunting me about killing things. I'm sure if a member described in detail something YOU personally found abhorrent, after you'd made it clear  that you did, you'd make some response yourself. I won't be doing any more arguing on the topic. I've made my opinion clear and he should have let it drop. I've no idea what he said after my last response as I've marked him as ignore.

What is Crockett’s gun in the pilot?

For this first time in 30 something years, tonight I noticed it was black (obviously not the Bren 10). 

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

For this first time in 30 something years, tonight I noticed it was black (obviously not the Bren 10). 

You're up late!  SIG- Sauer 220 .45?

5 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

You're up late!

You know I watch MV every night until like 1 am. :p

So you’re not sure if that’s the gun from the pilot?

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

You know I watch MV every night until like 1 am. :p

So you’re not sure if that’s the gun from the pilot?

I do indeed, Dadrian :) Well I think I read it somewhere, I'm not knowledgeable  enough to recognise one, I have to say :) I do know he changed guns. Personally I never cared for the look of the Bren 10.......aesthetically speaking I liked my 9mm Browning Hi-Power though I'm sure they're hopelessly old fashioned now.. Did you ever wish you had a T shirt with  "Speed's fine, accuracy's final"? I wish I'd got one at the time but wouldn't have been able to wear it for work as the Civil Service was funny about such things!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

I do indeed, Dadrian :) Well I think I read it somewhere, I'm not knowledgeable  enough to recognise one, I have to say :) I do know he changed guns. Personally I never cared for the look of the Bren 10.......aesthetically speaking I liked my 9mm Browning Hi-Power though I'm sure they're hopelessly old fashioned now.. Did you ever wish you had a T shirt with  "Speed's fine, accuracy's final"? I wish I'd got one at the time but wouldn't have been able to wear it for work as the Civil Service was funny about such things!

From what I have heard the Browning Hi-Power was the first pistol to introduce magazines that would hold 15 rounds instead of 8 or 9.  Is this the case or was it the CZ75?  A friend just bought a new CZ75, they still make the original model.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, miamijimf said:

From what I have heard the Browning Hi-Power was the first pistol to introduce magazines that would hold 15 rounds instead of 8 or 9.  Is this the case or was it the CZ75?  A friend just bought a new CZ75, they still make the original model.

Could well have been, I seem to remember about 13 but you could be right. Also had a pretty heavy trigger though, I do remember that :) But I had a real affection for it, seemed neat and easy to handle. I envy anyone still able to own these lovely guns, particularly as ours were removed purely for political reasons. And of course in the UK, we handgun owners (the legitimate ones  anyway!)  were a small minority, so an easy target, so to speak. Biden will not succeed in removing guns  from legitimate owners in the US, I sincerely hope, but I was reading something last night that some attempt will be made to link firearms owners to other (as they'd put it) "socially undesirable " types regarding this virus. I.e  "anti-vaxxers", as they  erroneously call them (incorrectly as I personally am not against vaccinations as such and have had all the usuals but a) this isn't a vaccination and b) it's still on trial and I'm not impressed by the adverse reactions- each to their own though.) I think the AR 15 was mentioned (I used to have a similar gun, the AR18, lovely thing, with a black plastic folding stock :) which I bought when competing down at Bisley, gone now of course). I have a great photo of that day (of me and that rifle :) )which one day I may post on here...

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 5/29/2021 at 12:56 AM, Dadrian said:

Aren’t you the same guy that “noticed” the Daytona was an automatic too? :p:dance2:

• Haha 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Gary1911A1 said:

If you go down to the second paragraph you will see Sonny used the Browning BDA which was made for Browning by Sig and is the same pistol as the early 220, but with Browning Markings. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_in_Miami_Vice

Gary, I didn’t know this. Thanks for posting. 

On 5/30/2021 at 1:30 AM, miamijimf said:

From what I have heard the Browning Hi-Power was the first pistol to introduce magazines that would hold 15 rounds instead of 8 or 9.

I think also it was 13 rounds :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

I think also it was 13 rounds :)

It was 13 (having owned one I remember this clearly).

Browning's also used the BDA designation more that once. The first one I remember was a little .380.

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Like 3