• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miamijimf

• C Glide

• airtommy

• timm525

Jim did say this was Season 1.I thought for sure this was an Ocean Drive hotel, but I looked up and down that street on Bing to no avail. I finally found it on the West side of Collins just north of 14th. I don't know the scene.

Oopps AirTommy!!!!:eek: You are so right!!!! I totally flew over that one.:rolleyes:But, I'm still incredibly clueless as to where it is seen.:rolleyes:

Jim did say this was Season 1.I thought for sure this was an Ocean Drive hotel' date=' but I looked up and down that street on Bing to no avail. I finally found it on the West side of Collins just north of 14th. I don't know the scene.[/quote']I knew airtommy would find the building. For the episode and scene- think of Tubbs grabbing a weapon.

I knew airtommy would find the building. For the episode and scene- think of Tubbs grabbing a weapon.

Is it the hotel/motel seen in the episode "The Hit List" when Tubbs hears of the shooting that had taken place on the stakeout that Crockett & Tubbs were previously working on, and then goes & grabs the riffle and/or gun from the Metro Dade Cop & enters the hotel/motel?

I knew airtommy would find the building. For the episode and scene- think of Tubbs grabbing a weapon.

Oh the Nassau on Collins at 1414 Collins from "Hit List" where the hitman is staying before the Cops enter. :DThe Carlton and Henrosa are both seen in the b/g as well as the gas station on Collins/14th.

Yes Maria, airtommy found the building, Matt is right but you got the episode and scene first. :clap::done::tasse_prost::rauchen:Here's another:Eingefügtes Bild

Wow MiamiJim!!!!:eek: You never seize to amaze me as to how you come up with these location trivia shots!!!!:rolleyes:Okay, I'm gonna need a bit of a boost here!!!! In what Season do we see this location please?:confused:

Wow MiamiJim!!!!:eek: You never seize to amaze me as to how you come up with these location trivia shots!!!!:rolleyes:Okay' date=' I'm gonna need a bit of a boost here!!!! In what Season do we see this location please?:confused:[/quote']Seasons 1,2,3 & 4 but you get the best view of the side shown in the Google Earth capture in a Season 2 episode.

Thats the Espanola Way side of Jerry's Deli on Collins isn't it ? Seen of course in your favourite' date=' Jim, "LMD".:D[/quote']As in the "Sex World" building? I was wondering about the glass block windows.

Thats the Espanola Way side of Jerry's Deli on Collins isn't it ? Seen of course in your favourite' date=' Jim, "LMD".:D[/quote']You got it first Matt. It's amazing how many times Vice used that building. When it was vacant it was featured in Made For Each Other which included interior shots. Mr. Neon dressed it up for outside shots in Dutch Oven and LMD with different neon for each episode. When it was purchased and turned into a real nightclub- Club Ovo, it was used for both interior and exterior shots in Red Tape with what has to be Mr. Neon's work. The Club probably got to keep the neon. It was also seen in drive-by shots in Streetwise and A Rock And A Hard Place.

You got it first Matt. It's amazing how many times Vice used that building. When it was vacant it was featured in Made For Each Other which included interior shots. Mr. Neon dressed it up for outside shots in Dutch Oven and LMD with different neon for each episode. When it was purchased and turned into a real nightclub- Club Ovo' date=' it was used for both interior and exterior shots in Red Tape with what has to be Mr. Neon's work. The Club probably got to keep the neon. It was also seen in drive-by shots in Streetwise and A Rock And A Hard Place.[/quote']That's right , Jim, it was used so frequently. As the Seasons progressed it was used a bit less frequently.Incidentally the Interior popped up in "Over The Line" from Season 5 when it was , apparently, the China Club in 1989 when C&T met Hawkins. The Side was also used in that episode as an exterior shot.:)

Thanks Matt I didn't know about the interior scenes in the China Club. Are you sure about the exterior scene immediately after? The window looks different.

Mr. Neon dressed it up for outside shots in Dutch Oven and LMD with different neon for each episode. .

objection, your honor!:DThis location was not used in the teaser of Dutch Oven (which in fact was the Dynamo at 7th and Washington). I didn´t know that in the first place either but Soflajeremy pointed it out in an earlier thread.

objection' date=' your honor!:DThis location was not used in the teaser of Dutch Oven (which in fact was the Dynamo at 7th and Washington). I didn´t know that in the first place either but Soflajeremy pointed it out in an earlier thread.[/quote']Thanks Tom, I learn something about vice every day.

Thanks Matt I didn't know about the interior scenes in the China Club. Are you sure about the exterior scene immediately after? The window looks different.

Jim - Regarding the Ext shot - No Im not sure it was the Espanola Way side of Jerrys Deli but am sure it was around that area - its difficult to pinpoint because that area around Jerrys and opposite, in particular, has changed so much since 1989.There was also an establishing limo shot in "Jack of all Trades" from Season 5 that was shot at a different angle from Jerry's Deli looking to the small shops / restaurants that existed in 1988/1989 opposite Jerry's ( adjacent to the Henrosa). Jerry's Deli wasnt in the shot but it showed what that area looked like before all the redevelopment took place in that area.:)

Jim - Regarding the Ext shot - No Im not sure it was the Espanola Way side of Jerrys Deli but am sure it was around that area - its difficult to pinpoint because that area around Jerrys and opposite' date=' in particular, has changed so much since 1989.There was also an establishing limo shot in "Jack of all Trades" from Season 5 that was shot at a different angle from Jerry's Deli looking to the small shops / restaurants that existed in 1988/1989 opposite Jerry's ( adjacent to the Henrosa). Jerry's Deli wasnt in the shot but it showed what that area looked like before all the redevelopment took place in that area.:)[/quote']Thanks interesting view of the Henrosa.

Isn't this the place seen in the episode "StreetWise"? I think it's the place where the cop' date=' Romano lives.[/quote']No but it is Season three.Eingefügtes Bild

No but it is Season three.Eingefügtes Bild

"Baby Blues" the team are here near Gina's Place! on Meridian Avenue, Miami Beach during the "Hanging by a Thread" Montage.:)

"Baby Blues" the team are here near Gina's Place! on Meridian Avenue' date=' Miami Beach during the "Hanging by a Thread" Montage.:)[/quote']Yes Matt you got it- very good.

Yes Matt you got it- very good.

Maria's right, Jim , it does kinda look like the house from "Streetwise" would love to have found that- wasnt it discussed that it was in South Pointe Park area , off Collins/Washington Ave area - I wonder if those old postcards you posted on the "Vote of Confidence" location thread in the Google Earth Filming Locations would help locate the rough area , as Im sure the house is long gone by now.:(