Location Trivia

miamijimf

during the "florence italy" teaser chase. i saw the sign in '03.for some reason i wanna say i was near the jai alai fronton, but that could be wrong.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miamijimf

• C Glide

• airtommy

• timm525

here's the cap. i can't remember if i got this from florence italy or not, though.Eingefügtes Bild

Here is one of Miami's well known landmarks. I heard the sign has been recreated but don't remember seeing it on my last trip. It probably appears in more than one episode. Give me one and the scene.Eingefügtes Bild

You guys got it. You see it better before the chase in the Florence Italy teaser. I remember it on the W. side of Biscayne Blvd. It is back in it's old neighborhood at 7300 Biscayne.

Here is one of Miami's well known landmarks. I heard the sign has been recreated but don't remember seeing it on my last trip. It probably appears in more than one episode. Give me one and the scene.Eingefügtes Bild
You see it better before the chase in the Florence Italy teaser. I remember it on the W. side of Biscayne Blvd. It is back in it's old neighborhood at 7300 Biscayne.
Well' date=' Jim' date=' I wouldn't say that Jodie Foster is exactly back in her "..old neighborhood at 7300 Biscayne." True that's where the sign is today, but it was originally in downtown Miami, on the side of a building just south of the old Miami News building which today is known as the Freedom Tower.Look at the screen capture from "Killshot" below. This is on the roof of the Omni parking garage, looking south. The Freedom Tower is visible in the background. You will have to squint a little, but the building to the left, or south, shows the Coppertone sign.[img'']http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/DanFoto/Miami%20Vice/003414.jpg

Yes, the old sign ( seen in "Florence Italy " ) was actually on the Parkleigh Hotel on Biscayne Bvld ,on the street corner, now sadly gone like so many MV landmarks.

yes Matt but this is one they brought back- amazing.Where am I? I am in the spot occupied by an extra in this scene but the color and function of this room has changed since Vice. The marble remains the same. DanJ and airtommy know the answer. Eingefügtes Bild

yes Matt but this is one they brought back- amazing.Where am I? I am in the spot occupied by an extra in this scene but the color and function of this room has changed since Vice. The marble remains the same. DanJ and airtommy know the answer. Eingefügtes Bild

Its the Anchor Hotel lobby - from your favourite , Jim , "Little Miss Dangerous".!:D

Its the Anchor Hotel lobby - from your favourite ' date=' Jim , "Little Miss Dangerous".!:D[/quote']Yes Matt I kind of figured you would get it. You can tell I am running out of photos to post on Location Trivia. Richie Rich posted some great ones but hopefully someone else will post some pics.Here's another one. Where am I now and in what episode and scene do you see this same (approximate) pose by a Vice character?Eingefügtes Bild

Yes Matt I kind of figured you would get it. You can tell I am running out of photos to post on Location Trivia. Richie Rich posted some good ones but hopefully someone else will post some pics.Here's another one. Where am I now and in what episode and scene do you see this same (approximate) pose by a Vice character?Eingefügtes Bild

Hey MiamiJim!!!!That's the cafe where Sonny goes to get a cafe cubano. I'm going through my memory trying to figure out the episode. And the funny thing is, I have it at the tip of my tongue too.BTW, You look great!!!!

Bonus points for recognizing the nose and lips of the person who bares no resemblance (even with a 3-button henley) to Crockett (upper left corner) :):eek:.

No guesses?In what episode and scene do we see a Vice character here in the same location?Eingefügtes Bild

It's Sonny, for sure. He goes for a cafecito cubano, and ends of beating this poor chap. But I, for the life of me, can't remember anything else.And this is creepy, and you will understand why when you see your PM's. LOL!!!

"Killshot" is correct. However' date=' this cafe appears in another episode as well.[/quote']Oh, Thank Goodness!!!! DanJ & Kristina for the answer. I knew that it was Sonny, who had stopped by for a cafecito cubano & beat the daylights out of that guy, but could not for the life of me remember the episode. It was driving me absolutely insane.Thank You Both!!!!

Maria described the scene and Kristina named the episode. Airtommy is correct also. Here's another one courtesy of DanJ. This building appears in night driving scenes in two episodes.Eingefügtes Bild

Maria described the scene and Kristina named the episode. Airtommy is correct also. Here's another one courtesy of DanJ. This building appears in night driving scenes in two episodes.Eingefügtes Bild

This was "Deliver us from Evil" which was recycled footage from "French Twist". NE125th St/Biscayne Bvld.Wasnt one of the restaurants seen in these clips also featured on the "Golden Triangle (Pt 1)" Montage of Chinese Restaurants.:)

This was "Deliver us from Evil" which was recycled footage from "French Twist". NE125th St/Biscayne Bvld.Wasnt one of the restaurants seen in these clips also featured on the "Golden Triangle (Pt 1)" Montage of Chinese Restaurants.:)

Yes Matt you got it, but they show a little more of the scene in DEFE. In FT they show the Cadillac turning the corner and coming down Biscayne a short way. In DUFE the same footage shows the Cadi turning the corner and traveling down Biscayne all the way to 123rd Street. It's quite likely that one of the restaurants seen in this clip was used in Golden Triangle, it isn't that far from the studio. I just watched GT and didn't recognize it. It would help to know the addresses of the Oriental restaurants in GT. Maybe DanJ knows.