• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miamijimf

• C Glide

• airtommy

• timm525

In what ep and scenes do we see at least part of this complex. It appears in more than one episode. It's too easy for S. Fla residents.Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

This is the Adrienne Arsht Center for the performing arts, formerly known as the Carnival Center for the performing arts. But I can't remember this locations in vice.The Omni Hotel (today it's the Radisson) and Tommy's garage are nearby. And I couldn't find a hint in our location maps...

This is the Adrienne Arsht Center for the performing arts' date=' formerly known as the Carnival Center for the performing arts. But I can't remember this locations in vice.The Omni Hotel (today it's the Radisson) and Tommy's garage are nearby. And I couldn't find a hint in our location maps...[/quote']You're right the Performing Arts Center (PAC) is in the picture but there is also something there that was seen in several Vice episodes. I can't find it in the location maps or the glossary either. That's a mistake, it certainly deserves to be in both. I'll add it as soon as someone solves this problem.

It's that building on the right. It was preserved from the old building when the PAC was recently built. I can't remember when we see it, though.

It's that building on the right. It was preserved from the old building when the PAC was recently built. I can't remember when we see it' date=' though.[/quote']Your right airtommy it was part of one of Miami's historic art deco landmarks built in 1929. You see it in the background in several Vice episodes. Name one.Eingefügtes Bild

I'll give you guys one last chance to identify this Miami landmark which appears in the background and aerial shots of several episodes. This pic, taken Friday from Watson Island while we were touring Vice sites, shows its location relative to other buildings in the downtown skyline. You can see the MacArthur Causeway in this shot. Just outside the view is the Miami Herald Building to the right and, of course, the Freedom Tower to the left.Eingefügtes Bild

I'm not playing this trivia question because I knew the answer before Jim posted it. The structure that Jim is referencing in this trivia question, shown above as it looks today, has been altered from its original construction. I would say extra credit is in order if you not only identify the structure and where we see it in MV, but also tell us how the structure has been modified.BTW the photo above was taken from about the same camera angle as we see this in MV.

Hey - I know this one.Wait - I'm disqualified too, as I was there. Darn. One of these days I'll be able to guess one of these - or never :cry: .

Hey - I know this one.Wait - I'm disqualified too' date=' as I was there. Darn. One of these days I'll be able to guess one of these - or never :cry: .[/quote']Comeon Rich you can do it. That's the way I felt when I first tried location trivia back in 06 and 07. Some of those problems, especially Jeremy's, were very difficult but when I found my first one I was hooked. Made me feel like a real detective. It wouldn't be fun if it wasn't challenging. It helps if you know the city or live there but it really isn't necessary. Airtommy is amazingly good at it and relies mainly on Google Earth and Virtual Earth.

Eingefügtes BildThe above pic is the Sears Tower, all that remains of the Art Deco Sears built in 1929. It was a great Miami landmark. You can see what it originally looked like on the old postcard below:Eingefügtes BildTommy is right you can see it well in One Way Ticket when the seaplane comes in for a landing when Sagot is trying to escape right before he steals the boat.The first Vice episode that comes to mind is Florence Italy, it is in the bg as they chase Frank. Also Smuglers Blues in the awesome flyover scene when they are coming back and they show that great arial footage. You can see the Sears Tower in One Eyed Jack. There is the boat scene at the end just before Demarco gets on Lombard's boat. But the best view may be in the Freefall teaser. First, when they hang a sharp left coming off MacArthur Causeway, and then later when they are zipping around the racetrack.The tower portion of the Sears building remains standing as part of the Performing Arts Center (constructed post-Vice) which has been erected in its place. Reportedly the Sears building was donated to the project on the condition that the entry way be preserved.

• Administrators

Well the ramp and the windsock tell me it's one of Chalk's launch sites. I'll guess and say the pilot episode where Calderone got away.

Well the ramp and the windsock tell me it's one of Chalk's launch sites. I'll guess and say the pilot episode where Calderone got away.

Correct.I'll also say the other 2 episodes with the boat ramp in view are "One Way Ticket" and "Baseballs of Death", since you have action around the boat ramp and the ramp in frame.

• Administrators

A little off topic, but I think the plane that was in Baseballs was the same one that had the wing fall off and crash a few years back. :eek: