• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miamijimf

• C Glide

• airtommy

• timm525

Episode and scene where we have this view.Eingefügtes Bild

evan after guzman gets out of the pool?Eingefügtes Bild

Plus it's a good place to get 400 cases of Coors . . .

"it's the right beer now!!" :radio::radio::dance2::dance2:

Ya nofretz, very good. :clap:This place should look familiar. Where does it appear- episode and scene?Eingefügtes Bild

As Exterior - only shot in "Heart of Darkness" setting up the Restaurant Scene/Parking lot(rear) - the restaurant used to shoot in was way up North on Biscayne Bvld.

Yes Matt, you got it. Thanks for the info. I thought the interior of the real Carreta didn't resemble the scene in Heart of Darkness. Do you have the episode's Location Contact List or is this from Tom's book?

Yes Matt' date=' you got it. Thanks for the info. I thought the interior of the real Carreta didn't resemble the scene in Heart of Darkness. Do you have the episode's Location Contact List or is this from Tom's book?[/quote']No, I met a few of the episodes Supporting Cast Members in 2006 at the Art Deco Welcome Centre on Ocean Drive when they had a screening of The Pilot, "Heart of Darkness" and a few more to commerate the 2006 big screen movie version. They mentioned the restaurant was way up North on Biscayne Bvld but they couldnt remember the exact name?!:thumbsdown:

• Administrators

Any chance that pic was taken out by the Miami Marine Stadium?

Any chance that pic was taken out by the Miami Marine Stadium?

No, but notice the boats - which tells you this is currently in use, and an active location. Dan told me about the episode filmed here, and it is not listed in the glossary. Guess we can get the glossary updated after the answer is known.

i didn't check the glossary, but i'll take a wild guess and say the waterway where mikey gets dumped into the water by gallego (collins ave) in "ev. in showbiz". this would mean that the wood dock was replaced with concrete and grass.my second guess would be where izzy meets the asians for "the big thaw".if two guesses are illegal, you guys can dump me in a river. :)

• Administrators

Guess we can get the glossary updated after the answer is known.

Well let me know.

me in a river. :)

I will defer to Dan on this one (he is the expert), but I will give you a preliminary decision that your second guess only is correct. You are half correct, so we will only dump only half or your body in the Miami River.The location is the No Name Harbor, which I had thought was the pier used in Line of Fire, but that is wrong. Jimbo's was used for the Line of Fire pier shootout, and No Name Harbor was used for The Big Thaw. Again, I will let Dan check my facts on this, and correct me if I have goofed. Timm - Dan knows about locations for The Big Thaw, including locations other than No Name Harbor (traffic jam location included, as we were at that location last month). Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildhttp://www.key-biscayne.com/kb/capeflorida/nonameharbor/rules.shtml

That's interesting about "The Big Thaw" I didnt know they filmed that scene at No Name Harbor. Talking of "The Big Thaw" I recently tried to find the building used by Izzy and the scientists throughout the episode. I believe its up near the studio on Biscayne Bvld, it looks like a disused school or nursing home of somekind named "The Fountain of Youth" - they filmed an Izzy traffic segment at 12101(Biscayne/Ne121st) Biscayne Bvld, North Miami opposite Steve' s Pizza ( still there today!) and this location is real near the studio.

That's interesting about "The Big Thaw" I didnt know they filmed that scene at No Name Harbor.
Thank DanJ for that' date=' as he is the expert that I rely on for that type of info. A veritable fountain of MV location info, I tell 'ya. :thumbsup:Thanks for that location info, Matt. I remember looking across the street and seeing Steve's Pizza. Looks like we are gathering what is needed to add that location info for the glossary for [i']The Big Thaw.

I think the scene in The Big Thaw was filmed at Jimbo's, but I'm not sure. C&T come racing into the harbor pretty fast. Wouldn't it be hard for the boat to get up to speed in that tiny harbor?No Name Harbor is where Castillo swoops down in Airwolf to nab Conan O'Brien (lol) in "When Irish Eyes Are Crying". I also thought the harbor was used in "Line of Fire".

I copied a lot of this info to a new thread about The Big Thaw in the Miami Vice Google Earth Shooting Locations area. We didn't have a thread about this episode.

I think the scene in The Big Thaw was filmed at Jimbo's' date=' but I'm not sure. C&T come racing into the harbor pretty fast. Wouldn't it be hard for the boat to get up to speed in that tiny harbor?No Name Harbor is where Castillo swoops down in Airwolf to nab Conan O'Brien (lol) in "When Irish Eyes Are Crying". I also thought the harbor was used in "Line of Fire".[/quote']Wow - lots of good questions. Here's my best guess - I do not see explosions as probable for No Name Harbor, as I bet the State of Florida would say no - but for Jimbo's, that is a whole different story - and depends on if your money is green. I will say the Glossary is correct on the Line of Fire pier scene being at Jimbo's. Try maps.google for "Key Biscayne, FL" and you can see No Name Harbor. You could blast right into the harbor from open water, but then you would need to hang a right turn to get to the dock area in the part of the harbor where we walked. It could work, it's not a "small harbor". The open water leading up to Jimbo's dock is a smaller area - by far. Let's ask Dan about this - he knew about the locations from The Big Thaw.

Here is one of Miami's well known landmarks. I heard the sign has been recreated but don't remember seeing it on my last trip. It probably appears in more than one episode. Give me one and the scene.Eingefügtes Bild