MY NEW BANANA TREE PLANT!

COOPER&BURNETT

That's the answer to all the questions.It can cry' date=' it grows... May be it sings/speaks in your absence?! :DMay be it even catches insects...[/quote']Well...:) It get's rid of excess water, it grows quickly in the right enviornment, but singing, speaking, and catches insects.....IIIIIII don't thiiink so. :DIt sure does grow quickly, but the internet seems to say that these type of plants do grow leaves very quickly.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• LNGLK

• 2morgen

• Pandina

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It'll be singing "Chicquita Banana' date='" soon!:radio:[/quote']Well, don't start singing yet, I don't think it will bear fruit inside without heat lamps and a humidifier. It would need these to bear fruit while inside I'm afraid.I just wanted this for a tropical MIAMI VICE look to my place. :thumbsup:

Is your plant "doped up" with Miracle Grow? That stuff will make anything grow...

No, but I am using a fertilizer that is a slow, time release grandular. It can't be that, because it is good for 9 months for a one time application.Nope, this type of plant just grows leaves extremely fast.It's quite cool actually.Anything I can do to turn the place into a MIAMI VICE place makes me happy.

......Out of that new leaf is.....ANOTHER NEW LEAF!It just popped up over night!Eingefügtes BildHere we go AGAIN!

My oldest daughter is doing a experiment for school with beens and how fast they come out and grow and that is fast! But your plant sure beats them!

My oldest daughter is doing a experiment for school with beens and how fast they come out and grow and that is fast! But your plant sure beats them!

It IS amazing! That new leaf growth was NOT there last night, it WAS there in the morning! I check it every day and night, so I know. This is so freaky, and amazing. It should, if it's like last time, open up in a few days.This is truly AMAZING! :eek:

Bamboo grows better! :D

Bamboo grows better! :D

And tastes GREAT!!! :) :) :) :)Coop why don't you grow some? It can be as much invading as your banana plant!I know that bamboo doesn't look Vice at all, but you don't want me to starve when I'll visit, do you?

And TONIGHT, it's TOUCHING THE CEILING!!Eingefügtes BildCompare to last night's photo when it WASN'T! Eingefügtes BildI'm not kidding when I say it grows fast!

wow it is really going fast :eek:If you take a picture next time could you make one of the entire plant? I am curious to see how it looks now.

It must be HUGE

I may have to put it up stairs if it grows too tall becasue I have vaulted ceilings. Not sure how tall the upstairs ceiling is, but it's something like 20 or 22 feet tall.

wow it is really going fast :eek:If you take a picture next time could you make one of the entire plant? I am curious to see how it looks now.

You got it!