Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• LNGLK

• 2morgen

• Pandina

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You got it!

If it keeps growing like this you may need a bigger flowerpot to put it in.

That is entirely possible with these type of plants. Glad you liked the photo. (I should show you a photo of the tall ceilings upstairs.)

Wow! That´s really huge! One day when you return home in the evening, it´ll be so huge that you need a machete to enter your house!:)

Wow! That´s really huge! One day when you return home in the evening' date=' it´ll be so huge that you need a machete to enter your house!:)[/quote'] :D:clap:

You must be using powerful fertilizer! :D

Well, I'm using the one the nursery recommended for tropical plants.I water it every day (just a little, but I still water it every day.).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Well guys, it's dead.It's a long story, but the short version is some of the leaves were turning brown, so I decided to trim them, then, one by one as the leaves turned brown on the bottom leaves, I pulled them away stalk alfter stalk, (think of a stalk of celery, and keep peeling off all the stalks, that's what evenually what happened) and it turned out that the trunk could no longer support the tree, as it was now so thin around the middle, it just could stand up anymore.I....accidentally killed it. :cry::cry::cry:

Oh noooo!:cry:As a true exotic plant freak, I am sorry to hear from your loss!Sounds like that the light was the problem...If your plant is placed in a warm room it needs much light and that is only available right in front of the window.Every foot you move away from the window into the room, the less light is available.That is especially in the winter time a big problem when the room is warmed up by a heating and the days are quite short.Of course that's more a problem in moderate climatezones for example like NY or middle of Europe than in a mediterranian/subtropical zone like California or Spain. But when it's wintertime and the plant is located far away from the window it might had been the problem.

Oh noooo!:cry:As a true exotic plant freak' date=' I am sorry to hear from your loss!Sounds like that the light was the problem...If your plant is placed in a warm room it needs much light and that is only available right in front of the window.Every foot you move away from the window into the room, the less light is available.That is especially in the winter time a big problem when the room is warmed up by a heating and the days are quite short.Of course that's more a problem in moderate climatezones for example like NY or middle of Europe than in a mediterranian/subtropical zone like California or Spain. But when it's wintertime and the plant is located far away from the window it might had been the problem.[/quote']It's possible. I don't have any experience with Banana tree plants. My Bird of Paradise plants get very little light, and do great indoors.I moved the plant closer to the window, but the leaves kept getting brown, then shrivels up, and goes limp. It was fertilized, well drained, watered well (I read that you can't overwater these type of plants).I dunno....RIP banana tree plant. :cry: ...I loved you. :cry::cry:

Well guys' date=' it's dead.It's a long story, but the short version is some of the leaves were turning brown, so I decided to trim them, then, one by one as the leaves turned brown on the bottom leaves, I pulled them away stalk alfter stalk, (think of a stalk of celery, and keep peeling off all the stalks, that's what evenually what happened) and it turned out that the trunk could no longer support the tree, as it was now so thin around the middle, it just could stand up anymore.I....accidentally killed it. :cry::cry::cry:[/quote'] Don't feel quilty. Things like that just happen.I kill plants all the time. I just do not have "green" fingers that's how they call it over here when your good with anythings that's grows.

• 3 weeks later...

Today, I bought more tropical plants, and decided to buy another banana tree plant for indoor decoration. Let's hope it lives, and that I don't kill it this time. :thumbsup:Is a bit smaller this time, but they seem to be fast growers (not sure if it's the same type of banana tree as the other one, as there are many types out there.).I bought another bird of paradise, and a bromeliad too. I may buy more tropical plants.

Great to hear COOP!I also bought some exotic palms and stuff recently...maybe we could do a thread for exotic Vice plants like " show your Vice-style plants" or something like that?Love to see some pics pal!

Great to hear COOP!I also bought some exotic palms and stuff recently...maybe we could do a thread for exotic Vice plants like " show your Vice-style plants" or something like that?Love to see some pics pal!

Not really much to share in the way of Pics, as they are just replacements of plants that died. I'm thinking about getting more plants, and if I do, perhaps I'll show a picture. :thumbsup:

GOOD LUCK with the newbies' date=' Coop. ;)[/quote']Thanks! ......I'm going to need it. Looking for more modern funiture tomorrow.

Definitely hope you have better luck with this one Coop :thumbsup:I love tropical plants - there's just something really relaxing/serene about them. Growing up in the 80s, I remember my parents had indoor plants around the place, as they were the 'in' thing. And lately I've seen indoor plants being featured a lot on home improvement/gardening shows & how good they are for your health, so need to look at getting some. Forgotten how nice they look!

Definitely hope you have better luck with this one Coop :thumbsup:I love tropical plants - there's just something really relaxing/serene about them. Growing up in the 80s' date=' I remember my parents had indoor plants around the place, as they were the 'in' thing. And lately I've seen indoor plants being featured a lot on home improvement/gardening shows & how good they are for your health, so need to look at getting some. Forgotten how nice they look![/quote']I'm not really sure what I did wrong the first time for the leaves to turn brown, so, I'll keep an eye on it closely this time. ....only time will tell.