New Vice commercial

sunnyburnett

Hi,I saw it today and it is just fantastic. They were able to recapture the Sonny we love in a couple of seconds.I am a big MV fan. I found your site a couple of months ago and I have really enjoyed the conversation and the amount of information there is.If you are not doing it yet, you should hang around on Facebook. I have become 'friend' (facebook friend) with Don Johnson, Olivia Brown, Saundra Santiago, Edward James Olmos. They are really nice and update their status quite frequently. You get to see their pictures, pictures from their friends (I have seen old personal photos of MV parties and behind the scene MV shooting there).[ATTACH=CONFIG]2133[/ATTACH]Don Johnson http://www.facebook.com/donniewjohnsonEdward http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1777260806Olivia Brown http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000140513087Saundra http://www.facebook.com/saundras13I haven't seen PMT but Sandi Morais who he works with (and more?) is there. She has not accepted my friend request.John Diehl is on Facebook as well but he only accepts requests from people he knows.On Facebook there is also the Miami Vice convention organizer (http://www.facebook.com/miamivice.convention). The organizer is Alexandra (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1046785893). She is friend with John Diehl and she is organizing the next MV convention in Paris (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=115247821865954&set=a.103813743009362.2052.100001422105833They have posted a pretty cool videos here with John Diehl: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=124305244293545That was my first post and my encouragement to check Facebook. Lots of MV stuff if you know where to look!ThxJ.

post-3952-13892963197504_thumb.jpg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Calderon

• COOPER&BURNETT

• menno112

• Bren 10

Thanks for the info. Alexandra who is putting on the convention, is a member here! :thumbsup:Welcome! Also, visit my scrapbook section.

Does anybody notice that the lines that Don Johnson reads in this commerical is actually based on the "DEFINTELY MIAMI" eppisode of MV? The part where Crockett is talking to Tubbs at the pool side, and that very nice looking blonde girl is sun-bathing! Crockett talks about, "No matter how hot it gets, just remember, there's always a cool breeze comin in"! ...or something like that! That struck me as soon as I saw this commerical! Tony Z. #40

Damn' date=' and Nike pulled the ad out from youtube...Is it suposed to sell nike sportwear much more huh? What a shame...[/quote']What do you mean, they pulled it out? ?( I just watched the ad there. I used the search, though, not the link from the thread...

Would be fine if Don has a official site....It worked when we had the idea to invite PMT to do the interview with my other pals....Probably Don would know there is a bunch of fans happy about him.Well..the feeeling of this Don appearance' date=' looks like to win a Fifa World Cup...everybody is absolutely crazy here about Don. But the way....Menno...where are you now?[/quote'] Right here pal :) God, i had to go through various ways to get my log in back, but here I am.Someone said here that this is the best Vice news in 2010. Well, let me tell you, this is the best thing happening since 20 years!Screw that crappy movie, the only good thing happening from that is that everyone recognized that the series was a league of its own.This answers a long, long question: What would Crockett look like today? Well pretty damn fine, I say. i had to look twice to see it was todays Don instead of Don 20 years ago. Sure a lot of make-up must have helped, but who cares? It was Crockett and he looked amazing!!With the wisdom that PMT still looks great also, this could still, still happen. (the reunion of course!) Will it happen? I seriously doubt it, but who knows how Don can be motovated. look at the Yahoo page, and see how Don is still loved by everyone and especially his Crockett persona. Man, someone twitter, facebook or use indian smoke signals to get in touch with DJ and tell him that the white suit jacket still suits him best.Anyways, its good to be back here. I would try and post a bit more often. Private life has been quite hectic lately (in a good way) and I havent been a good member here. But will try to be more active. Especially with great news like this!BTW, Miami Vice rocks, and so do you Mr calderon, youre a great friend and a fantastic person!

That was pretty much my point above. He may be losing the hate of the typecast he once had' date=' just as Shatner did with his Kirk character.Who knows?[/quote'] I totally agree...maybe enough time has passed that he can embrace what made him a star...Don's always been a "cash on the table" type of guy (IMO), my guess is Nike caught him at the right moment with the right amount of cash...

Hi Gang!Mr. Calderon is right......we haven't seen or heard from so many happy MV fans, until this Nike ad! It is like a shot in the arm for all of us!I am definitely in favor of a petition, signed by all the members on this & the 'other' web site to convince DJ his fans want him back as Crockett & he will make lots of $$$ in the process.I don't know how to get a petition going and where to send it, but I'll try to find out.Phanie Napoli (Angelina) said on Facebook she has a script since "Sons & Lovers" and she is all for a Reunion Movie.Here's what she wrote :Phanie Napoli also commented on her link.Phanie wrote:"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Anthony & Gary! I agree, this may be the right time for the "Saga Continues" .. as you've mentioned the strong following might agree to start-up & singa "request this event" FB page like they did for Ms Betty White to appear on SNL; what I mean is, it's really up to the fans!I've had a script ready since we shot Sons & Lovers!"_____________________________________________________________________________Let's not blow this chance for something good to be brought back to TV. :thumbsup:

As for the reunion movie... to be honest' date=' I'm not so sure that it's a good idea. ?( (Have I said this before? :o) Those "20-years-later" movies often give me a sad feeling, because actors don't look the way they looked back then, writing isn't always good, and sequels are rarely as good as the original anyway.[/quote']I definitely wouldn't mind watching such a movie. Obviously, the cast have grown older but so have I :D:D:D. In fact, judging by the recent photos you guys keep posting here and this clip I've been watching again and again (I'm not sure but I might have had a dream about it last night!) DJ looks better now than he used to a few years ago. It might be just my personal impression but I felt quite sad watching him in "Moondance Alexander" some time ago while this advert is awesome - Sonny Crockett is back. So what that they are in their fifties (the ladies) and sixties; as someone has pointed out here, no one objects to aging Bruce John McClane Willis! I'm all for the petition idea, a Facebook event, whatever to make our dreams come true :happy:I can't stop thinking about it: a few seconds of an advert, just two sentences: "You just gotta deal with the heat, man. After a while the temperature drops and everything is free and easy." have made so many people really happy... It's pure magic - what else? :):):) I feel as if I were twenty years old again. :p

I definitely wouldn't mind watching such a movie. Obviously' date=' the cast have grown older but so have I :D:D:D. In fact, judging by the recent photos you guys keep posting here and this clip I've been watching again and again (I'm not sure but I might have had a dream about it last night!) DJ looks better now than he used to a few years ago.[/quote']They all look the same to me, especially PMT, who has hardly aged one bit since 1989.

Awesome.I m so glad to see DJ being Crockett again.It would be nice to think that this commercial is just a beginning which will pave the way for a new reunion TV series (or movie).

So, how will we make this work? On the previous page there were a few facebook pages. I am sure the DJ one is a fake, however, the EJO one seems real. How do we make the ball rolling? How can we motivate them to slip into the loafers once again?reaction towards the commercial are insane!! No one talks about Lebron, they all talk about DJ returning as Crockett. And damn rightfully so! Hell, I was a bit done with the vice sites, since nothing much is happening in Vice land, but this is something serious friends and neighbours. For 99% sure this was a one time shot of DJ being Crockett, but we should fight for the 1%. Mr calderon, you still have PMT´s email adress? Can anyone contact other cast members or anyone else with influence? we should take the momentus as it is now, in 2 months, most people will have forgotten about this commercial (besides us of course) and our chances have gone.So, lets drop the hammer and get things happening. Its truely now or never I feel..A petition alone wont do it, we need a bit extra..

Welcome Jongarci and welcome back, Menno.We've done the sequel topic before. This is not a "dis" directed at anyone. http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?2180-Please-show-your-support-for-MV-sequelI regret if I stirred the pot a little about a new movie earlier, I only meant to joke about a surprise drop-in to the forum from Don Johnson. I don't think it's a bad thing to daydream about a new movie. I mean look, a convention got started, and we never thought that could get underway! But on a film, who would you pay full-time to "sell" the idea, etc. If there is a script somewhere as was said, does that person have plans to try and sell it? Finally, I liked the 2006 Mann movie on the 2nd or 3rd go-round, and after years of us yakking on the fora about such a movie, and then amazingly getting one (!!), a lot of us didn't even like it. Was the 2006 movie profitable enough to pique interest in a sequel? Someday if I'm reeeeeally motivated I'll send in fan [snail] mail and maybe a 2 question Q&A, and see if anyone responds. I can't get behind a drumbeat for a new Vice movie right now. Personally, I'd be a lot more apt to support an effort to mobilize if one of our site members got sick or hurt. And if I did anything with the "other" forum, it would be to tell them to abandon ship.Petition sidebar talk should go in another thread. My .02 :rain:

Give them some time. Saundra and Olivia are pretty reactive. Don will take some time. Eddy is the real deal but I think he has already reached his max number of friends (5000).I think the Don page is real based on:* Linked to Saundra* It has many personal pics there + links to his son pageWhat do you guys think?Note: you need to have account on facebook and have them accept you as a friend so you can see more info like posts, photos, etc.

I'm all for the petition idea' date=' a Facebook event, whatever to make our dreams come true :happy:I can't stop thinking about it: a few seconds of an advert, just two sentences: "You just gotta deal with the heat, man. After a while the temperature drops and everything is free and easy." have made so many people really happy... It's pure magic - what else? :):):) I feel as if I were twenty years old again. :p[/quote']:clap::clap::clap: You're so right! This is what I'm think too! It's magic!!!! :D:happy:

Thanks Sonny68! And here I am smiling again... MV does wonders and even if the new movie isn't made, we (by us I mean MV freaks :p) will have fond memories of this grey October time in 2010 when out of the blue Sonny Crockett was reborn, even if only for a short while... happy and enchanted Brenda68 :)

Cagey, I agree to you to some extend, but let me clear up some issues. First of all, i was thrilled with the Miami Vice movie in 2006 when I heard it was being made. Especially because at that time I was living in Miami itself. I even agreed completely with Collin playing Sonny, believe it or not, I am a fan of his.But the movie dissapointed me and many others. No wonder it only scores a 6.0 at IMDB, which must be a record low for a Mann movie. I watched it 3 times, also to see if I missed something. But I couldnt say anything but: missed opportunity.About a Vice movie with the original cast. Well i always thought it was a dream never to come true. And probably it wont come true. But Who expected untill, lets say 3 days ago to ever see DJ in Crockett outfit speaking his words of wisdom. I would have called anyone crazy if they told me a few weeks ago. But realistically: the action scenes with a 60 year old DJ, wont be the same as 25 years ago. It will be a whole different vice, no matter how cleaned up Don and the others might look. But still it can be done. Differently but also with similarities. A motion picture is to far fetched, but a mini serie, tv movie or even a series for 1-2 seasons? Why on earth not..

But realistically: the action scenes with a 60 year old DJ' date=' wont be the same as 25 years ago. It will be a whole different vice, no matter how cleaned up Don and the others might look. But still it can be done. Differently but also with similarities. A motion picture is to far fetched, but a mini serie, tv movie or even a series for 1-2 seasons? Why on earth not..[/quote'] I think it can still be done. They can work around DJ's and PMT's older ages by adding newer, updated elements to a reunion movie, like giving Crockett a newer Ferrari to race around in, or choreographing a fight or foot chase that isn't too demanding on them. These guys are still in good shape and could still do it if they wanted to.

Anyone see and hear the MIAMI VICE mention during the WORLD SERIES? They showed a picture of two men (I honestly don't know, but they must be national sports broadcasters) dressed as Crockett and Tubbs for a future Halloween broadcast I think. I think they showed the MIAMI VICE logo, and they mentioned CROCKETT AND TUBBS! If anyone recorded it, you can play it back.MIAMI VICE is STILL making news!!!! :clap:Good times!