• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Calderon

• COOPER&BURNETT

• menno112

• Bren 10

My BIL told me about the Lebron/Crockett ad the other day and I happened to catch it twice that night, once they cut Johnsons part to mere second, the other was the full add, I got all giddy which is weird 'cause Im a dude LOLI really like the idea of a movie, especially based as someone here said that some new VICE types arent handling a certain someone so they need the old guard to come in and show them how it was done, AFA a new Miami VICE series, IDK if it would work but then again Hawaii 5-0 came back and its the hottest series on TV currently and IMO it was nowhere near as good as Miami Vice

I've been hearing that CROCKETT is going to be a hot item for HALLOWEEN! His appearance on the commercial is what people are talking about. Interestignly enough, people are talking about DON, not Lebron.

I still don't think he's testing the waters' date=' he already knows that there is interest in the show, as everyone who ever interviews him introduces him as having played Crockett, and they usually ask him about it. He knows.I really don't think anything is in the works, or we would have heard something from someone by now.What blows me away is that he did it, not just saying a line like "freeze, Miami Vice" in some quick edit, but that he WORE THE CLOTHES, and PLAYED THE PART! Actually, the v neck blue shirt looks awesome with the jacket, and absolutely fits the look! I might try it!! It's also something new and refreshing, as he never wore v neck shirts like that. It's MODERN VICE!Wonder what he got for doing it (money and season tickets?), and ....WHY he did it. I would have thought he would have rolled his eyes and said, "C'mon man, give it a rest." But no, HE DID IT!! :clap::clap:He's excactly like I expected him to look, greying stubble, older, but still like CROCKETT!!!!:thumbsup:I LOVE THIS!!![/quote'] Yup...I was more shocked that he did it. He just said that he doesn't watch the re-runs and didn't really like the movie (only seen parts of it). Actually he is the one guy I never thought would do anything again related to Miami Vice. He never wanted to be type cast as Crockett. I wonder why they didn't do any behind the scenes, commentary or anything else with the actors on the DVDs.

Yup...I was more shocked that he did it. He just said that he doesn't watch the re-runs and didn't really like the movie (only seen parts of it). Actually he is the one guy I never thought would do anything again related to Miami Vice. He never wanted to be type cast as Crockett. I wonder why they didn't do any behind the scenes' date=' commentary or anything else with the actors on the DVDs.[/quote']I know, no commentary or interviews was a wasted opportunity.Don's getting more publicity for this commercial in word of mouth than his last two fims combined.

I have no idea how to do it. I was told you need special software or something. ?( I dunno.

Nah, you can do a basic capture using the Alt and Print Screen keys and then just paste it into a program like Paint (which comes with Windows).

Cool! That's an awesome clip...Finally saw it last night for the first time. Nice to see Don doing more stuff as of late..:clap::clap::clap:....Or have I missed something...?(...Nice to see, no matter what...Mike

I think DJ could pull off a much smaller role in a MV spin-off series. The way Tom Selleck is in Blue Bloods is almost like a return of Magnum, all grown up; it isn't a spin off though. I would prefer a spin-off for MV. It could be him as a detective still with Tubbs kid as rookie cop... who knows. I actually liked him as mentor to the younger undercover cop in season 5 of MV. They could easily roll with that. Put PMT with someone else, like a younger lady. Have the two veterans run into each other from time to time in the office or on the street to make for some fan loving run ins. Would work great for mini series as a new series launch, in which PMT and DJ could show up as often or as little as they like with no pressure. I think Gina, Trudy, and Stan should be there more often though, as regulars even. Get Castillo in there too. ...And get a good musician.

Depends, most FL PDs have mandatory retirement @ 50ish if you put in a full pull(20+ years) so I dont know how that would work, also dont know how old he was supposed to be in Miami Vice so there may be some room to 'fudge', he could be a LT maybe though rank in PDs come from taking tests to get a promo, they arent mandatory, I knew guys who spent 20 years as a 'beat cop', their choiceIDK, it could work, Id love to see it regardless

Depends' date=' most FL PDs have mandatory retirement @ 50ish if you put in a full pull(20+ years) so I dont know how that would work, also dont know how old he was supposed to be in Miami Vice so there may be some room to 'fudge', he could be a LT maybe though rank in PDs come from taking tests to get a promo, they arent mandatory, I knew guys who spent 20 years as a 'beat cop', their choiceIDK, it could work, Id love to see it regardless[/quote'] The OCB really exists or it was just a "department" created for the show? If not, me, Mr. Calderon, the new mayor of Miami says: OCB accepts cops til 99. lol

The OCB really exists or it was just a "department" created for the show? If not' date=' me, Mr. Calderon, the new mayor of Miami says: OCB accepts cops til 99. lol[/quote'] I honestly dont know, the whole Miami-Dade/Metro type thing is confusing down there, normally metro means a PD and Sheriffs office roll together under the Sheriff and becomes one agency, yet in Miami theres all these various agencies, some metro, some sheriff etc its massively confusing not to mention all the little cities w/ their own PDs next to Miami like Miami Beach etcIf OCB existed, it is now called TNT, Tactical narcotics Team

I've been hearing that CROCKETT is going to be a hot item for HALLOWEEN! His appearance on the commercial is what people are talking about. Interestignly enough' date=' people are talking about DON, not Lebron.[/quote'] Lebron....Lebrone who???:D

I posted our web address on the LEBRON commercial (It's been viewed well over 2 million times already!). I wrote...."VISIT AND JOIN .MIAMI-VICE.WS!View vintage DON JOHNSON BLAZERS, CAST AND CREW ITEMS, PROPS, and VERY RARE PHOTOS Never before seen all from my private collection!We are the WORLD's LARGEST MIAMI VICE fan website. Join up TODAY!.MIAMI-VICE.WS"If you see my posts, give it a thumbs up (it coud be several pages back and someone posts something about every 20 seconds.)GO .MIAMI-VICE.WS!!:thumbsup:

Start that petition and get the whole Vice team to reunite for a movie. Even Zito' date=' who they could resurrect from the dead. :)[/quote'] This is what I would name.... a big thaw.

I was at work...huh....with spare time...lol..and i did a search on google....about don and lebron, and seems Lebron was saying thank you to Don from twitter. Unhopefully my access to twitter at work is blocked and i dont have twitter. But....Don has one account? Twitter would be a perfect petition if Don has an account.

I was at work...huh....with spare time...lol..and i did a search on google....about don and lebron' date=' and seems Lebron was saying thank you to Don from twitter. Unhopefully my access to twitter at work is blocked and i dont have twitter. But....Don has one account? Twitter would be a perfect petition if Don has an account.[/quote']If he doesn't use Twitter then Facebook might be the place to bombard him with requests for a reunion show of some kind. Somewhere on this site I picked up what looks like his facebook page. (Sorry I forgot who posted it) Everybody in the US seems to be into facebook these days otherwise I would be really suspicious. I still have some doubt that it is really him despite the genuine looking family pics etc. Maybe he has turned over a completely new leaf and decided to be fan friendly, or someone has gone to a lot of trouble to fake it. He accepted me as a friend. It's at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/donniewjohnson What do you think?

The first time I saw the commercial I was half asleep on my couch. I thought I had dreamt the whole thing at one point! I woke up, and sure enough a bit later it aired again. My jaw dropped! :D

Id bet tha majority of stars facebook/myspace/twitter type pages are not actually posted on by the people in question, likely their publicists/agents etc

The first time I saw the commercial I was half asleep on my couch. I thought I had dreamt the whole thing at one point! I woke up' date=' and sure enough a bit later it aired again. My jaw dropped! :D[/quote'] That's why we need to have that reunion. It's going to the point that our dreams are occupied with it.