New Vice commercial

sunnyburnett

Earlier in this thread there was a lot of discussion about whether the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/donniewjohnson is really written by Don Johnson. Here is the message I sent and his response:"Mr. Johnson' date=' Please pardon the question. I am a huge fan but my friends and I not sure this facebook page is really the work of Don Johnson. As you know, there are many pages written by people falsely claiming to be celebrities. Your family photos are great but could have come from another site. I don't know how you could verify your site, maybe have Sandra Santiago, whose site is genuine, post a verification. Please consider this. Many of your fans want to believe. Many thanks for reading this.Jim Donnie Wayne Johnson November 2 at 2:10am ReportYes this is the real me."Convinced?[/quote'] Ehm..no! Of course he wouldnt say ´no, I am playing a prank on everyone by pretending I am DJ.´ So no, no convincing. I send a message to Carolyn Johnson, who´m I thought was his sister. She replied to me, claiming to be one of his cousins and also claiming that, yes, this is the real Don Johnson.All nice and cute, but I still dont buy it. I am not convinced yet. I would be convinced if he claims something like: Next week I will be in Europe, and you see pictures in the media of him being in Germany for example.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Calderon

• COOPER&BURNETT

• menno112

• Bren 10

Ehm..no! Of course he wouldnt say ´no' date=' I am playing a prank on everyone by pretending I am DJ.´ So no, no convincing. I send a message to Carolyn Johnson, who´m I thought was his sister. She replied to me, claiming to be one of his cousins and also claiming that, yes, this is the real Don Johnson.All nice and cute, but I still dont buy it. I am not convinced yet. I would be convinced if he claims something like: Next week I will be in Europe, and you see pictures in the media of him being in Germany for example.[/quote'] Well....congratulations pal....this will be the second Vice fact of the decade lol

When I wrote "Convinced?" it was tongue in cheek. I have become more convinced it is not really him. I wanted to let everyone know that they should not automatically buy into this page as really the work of DJ.

If nobody posted this already, here is the original line from Miami Vice that was used in the recent Nike commercial...Sonny Crockett: You just got to learn to go with the heat, Rico. It's just like life. You just gotta keep telling yourself, no matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in.Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Should I write that down?

Sonny Crockett: You just got to learn to go with the heat, Rico. It's just like life. You just gotta keep telling yourself, no matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in.Det. Ricardo Tubbs: Should I write that down?

Yep, classic scene from Definitely Miami.

I haven't read everyone's comments yet, so please forgive me if I'm repeating anyone. There was more of the "Vice Feeling" in those five to ten seconds of footage in that commercial then there were in the 2006 movie. It was the philisophical, taken-a-few-punches-but-still-in-the-fight Sonny that we know and love (present tense used intentionally), rather than that foul-mouthed "individual" that was only trying to get laid that we saw in '06. As far as I'm concerned, Vice came back with the help of Nike in the form of a...micro-episode. Let's let NBC, Nike, Lebron (DJ's already covered), whoever know that we really liked what we saw.:thumbsup::clap::shout:

When I wrote "Convinced?" it was tongue in cheek. I have become more convinced it is not really him. I wanted to let everyone know that they should not automatically buy into this page as really the work of DJ.
I am on the fence. Saundra is definitively her. EJO and Olivia too.I have a couple of hypothesis:1. It is him: He has some family members' date=' Saundra santiago (it is her), Sara Rogers (friends of saundra). He uses the account to keep in touch and post pictures of his family. Note that he posted many pictures of his kids after what seems to be a relative asked him to.Note that he did not use his actor's name but his civil name.There is a similar profile that is for ActorDonJonhson and he is friend with ([url']http://www.facebook.com/ActorDonJohnson)2. It is not him but his agent or somebody close to him (there are too many personal shots of his kids to be just a fan). He is planning a comeback so it is one way to start connecting with people and send a message. Stars have other people manage their account (ryan secreast on twitter, brittney etc.)3. It is not him but a creepy fan taking personal pictures of his kids (in their car, at parties, at family reunion). His secret plan is to kill DJ and wear his skin.4. It is actually PMT. After so many failed TV movies and money he owes in child support for his twelve kids, he moved in with DJ under the condition to be helpful (run errands, dishes, manage his Facebook page, iron DJ white blazer for Nike commercial, etc.)I think it is option (1) personally.What do you think?ThxJPS: if it is really him, please don't harass him too much with proof that he is real. He might stop showing up. I want to believe :-)

Option 4 sounds most likely. :)If you search hard enough, you can find ´private´ pictures anywhere. for example, the foto´s of the Johnson family reunon are links from another page, called the Robert Johnson Family reunion.Whatever, it is not that important anyways. Saundra´s and Olivia´s pages are real it seems, but their fame is of a different proportion as Dons. yet they have 6 times more ´friends´ than Don. Go figure.Besides, DJ was one of the first celebrities to embrace the internet. During Nash Bridges, back in 1996, he had a full running website already with a lot of info for these days, called thenetshow.com or something similar. So Its hard to believe he just ´discovered´ facebook. anyways, who cares right? Just dont put your hopes up that you are buddies withthe real DJ. The chances for this are slim to put it very mildly.

• 2 weeks later...
Im sorry if im wanting details but....those police cars....are simply generic "cop cars for tv" or this ad was really done in Miami?
Good question' date=' I was wondering the same thing. Anyone can answer this? I thought it was Miami' date=' but I couldnt tell 100% sure.[/quote''] From what i can see in the video, they appear to be actual Miami-Dade cars, their newer markings have the three line that start small below the door and expand toward the rear which you can see in the video briefly so id say they are really in the Miami Area

• 2 weeks later...
to be honest I really hope they do a mini series of reunion episodes of Miami Vice. Let Don and Phillip come back along with any of the other cast who want to come back' date=' and give some gripping 2 hour tv movies.it would be awesome.Don looks incredible, he is the ONLY Crockett!!a short 10 second clip has more Vice feel to it than the entire 2006 movie! incredible![/quote'] There was a lot of energy last month (facebook, sending a letter to universal, etc.)Does anybody has any updates?thxJ.

There was a lot of energy last month (facebook' date=' sending a letter to universal, etc.)Does anybody has any updates?thxJ.[/quote']I visit the most "populous" Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miami-Vice/8882845892almost every day and, as I've promised, I'm trying to post something there every now and then but I feel almost like a spammer as there isn't much response... Strange, as people keep signing up every day; the FB site has reached 34K members recently. I don't feel like writing this but it seems that the initial enthusiasm and excitement have fizzled out over time... What a pity. I'll keep on visiting that FB site anyway and trying to advertise the best MV site on earth...

I visit the most "populous" Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miami-Vice/8882845892almost every day and' date=' as I've promised, I'm trying to post something there every now and then but I feel almost like a spammer as there isn't much response... Strange, as people keep signing up every day; the FB site has reached 34K members recently. I don't feel like writing this but it seems that the initial enthusiasm and excitement have fizzled out over time... What a pity. I'll keep on visiting that FB site anyway and trying to advertise the best MV site on earth...[/quote'] I made the mistake of telling another FB member what website to go to to purchase shoes like the ones Don Johnson wore on the show, and had my account suspended about five minutes later. There was no appeals process for my situation, but with this site, I don't really miss it.

I visit the most "populous" Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miami-Vice/8882845892almost every day and' date=' as I've promised, I'm trying to post something there every now and then but I feel almost like a spammer as there isn't much response... Strange, as people keep signing up every day; the FB site has reached 34K members recently. I don't feel like writing this but it seems that the initial enthusiasm and excitement have fizzled out over time... What a pity. I'll keep on visiting that FB site anyway and trying to advertise the best MV site on earth...[/quote']Keep it up!I'm still posting on YOUTUBE.I think everyone should post our web address in the reply section on anything MIAMI VICE related. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There was a lot of energy last month (facebook' date=' sending a letter to universal, etc.)Does anybody has any updates?thxJ.[/quote'] I was thinking about doing some jukebox stuff on YouTube with Menno & anyone who wants to pitch in... there would be a lot of serious gruntwork involved with looking up all the videos and linking them.Just an idea - It'd be nice to have someone motivated enough to start a fan q&a list, whittle it down, and then fire it off to Hollywood, even if it's got as much chance of getting anywhere as a message in a bottle; or - anyone can just keep pushing the pebble downhill for a cool project and run with it! - Starting new topics, organizing polls, reviews, fanfic, blogs, news, scrapbook, glossary, locations, auction, there is a ton of stuff you can either start or get involved with and there usually aren't objections. Maybe ask one of the site leaders if they need help with something? I'm mostly content for now & looking forward to seeing all the buildup for Aly's convention unfold... and waiting for the next random Vice gathering, fly down south for some mojitos someday.

I made the mistake of telling another FB member what website to go to to purchase shoes like the ones Don Johnson wore on the show' date=' and had my account suspended about five minutes later. There was no appeals process for my situation, but with this site, I don't really miss it.[/quote'] How does posting a source for shoes get you booted from Facebook? I see totally gratuitous abuse there constantly, but never heard of someone giving other members welcome advice being booted.

A thing that we should do.....(dont laugh)...its try to reach Don...and the time is now....if that Mr. Sulu clone guy did an interview....why not us? We have some pedigree now...and some contacts too...I remember time ago...i thought the same about PMT doing an interview for a rap magazine....WHY NOT US?This is not a place where we are here to throw eggs, tomatos and rotten fruits on him....this is not .arghWhat a cool christmas gift! lol"Dear Santa...."

• 2 months later...

Figures late to the party, but damn 30 years latter and he still looks good in the same clothes he wore for the pilot, lets see william shatner do that! (Sorry had to say that)and I love his little smirk at the end there, kinda makes me wonder how he would react if cameradaytona showed up next to him at a light with his old car.

• 3 weeks later...

All I know is that when I clicked on the "click here for more info" button, up popped all of the reasons that an account could be suspended with nothing high-lighted to let me know what I was guilty of. Reason number four or five of about a dozen or so altogether said something about "agreed not to advertise product or service when first signed up". Which I think is bogus since about every major business in America has a FB page.

How does posting a source for shoes get you booted from Facebook? I see totally gratuitous abuse there constantly' date=' but never heard of someone giving other members welcome advice being booted.[/quote']

I would loan him my Scarab 38KV.......if he decides to do a movie or TV show again!

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaThat just reminded me of something.There was an episode of the Simpsons where Batman was on and driving the original Barris "Batmobile" Bart says "that's not the real Batmobile", thinking of the new one from the recent movies, and them Batman drives away with a screen shot from the back of the car smoking and sputtering with the muffler and tailpipe dangling, scraping the pavement behind the car as he drives off.If Don renews his role, he will need a boat with a few scratches on it and some leaky exhaust and broken windshield don't you think??? Maybe even more that a few bullet holes?It has to look aged like he has. Oh and by the way the old boy still looks good in that commercial !

Well...if the new wellcraft scarabs are the "cutting edge" today, I really prefer someone loan the old one to Don... The new ones I saw at wellcraft website looks too "flipper-ish" for my taste...Looks much more a boat for go fishing than the original powerboat...