New Vice commercial

sunnyburnett

Have you noticed that in the commercial the MV logo now has strong colours? It has a more definite turquoise and pink.I like this: old, but with a new fresh approach.

MIAMI VICE RULES!

Well written Coop!!! :clap:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Calderon

• COOPER&BURNETT

• menno112

• Bren 10

Seeing this commercial on TV, in public paves the way for the younger general population to get exposed to the REAL Miami Vice ! This is finally the chance for the original cast to join in a reunion movie. I hope DJ,s stubborness doesn't blow the chance.There are 1000 fans here that are ready! :thumbsup:

The clip was sent to me this morning, and I was as floored as the rest of you. I got the chills, as there he was, the real Sonny Crockett, in character as perfect as he could ever be. I sure hope Don and the gang see this as a real opportunity. It's been long enough since the recent movie for them to produce a real one, with a real heart, and characters that fit the present day. Keep the franchise going!Don sure seem to embrace the role again, and I think that resistance to be Crockett again may be fading. Maybe he is rethinking his position on this one? Who knows? All we can hope is that he doesn't see playing Sonny as falling back into the trap of ALWAYS being Sonny. Of course, worse things could happen than being always known as Sonny Crockett!

It was sooooooo good to see him in the role again, even if it was brief! Youtube may have pulled it but I found it via google just now for anyone who's not seen it

There is a God....:D

Yes there is Chloe. I wasn't expecting it when I saw it and knew I had to keep watching ESPN to see it again. I agree with the poster that said this may be the Miami Vice moment of 2010.:thumbsup: Wish he was wearing Wayfarers, but them we couldn't of seen him as well.

And... Did anyone hear "Crockett's Theme" playing in the background??? Perfect.

It is Very Cool. :thumbsup:Never thought I would see DJ dressed as Crockett again.

And... Did anyone hear "Crockett's Theme" playing in the background??? Perfect.

I did. I keep rewinding this commercial again and again - just a few seconds but it whets my appetite for much, much more...

HOLY COW!!!! :eek:Grey-stubbled Crockett... All right, I'm not going to pour out my feelings in a long post because you folks have said it for me already. And yes, my first thought was also "how the hell they got him to do it?!!!" But I'm glad he did, it's AWESOME! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :happy: Bravo, Mr Johnson! :clap: And thank you very much for sharing, Sunnyburnett. :flowers: As for the reunion movie... to be honest, I'm not so sure that it's a good idea. ?( (Have I said this before? :o) Those "20-years-later" movies often give me a sad feeling, because actors don't look the way they looked back then, writing isn't always good, and sequels are rarely as good as the original anyway. So my feelings about it are kind of mixed up... but of course I'll watch if they decide to do it. It's always nice to see DJ and anything that has something to do with our favourite show.

Why am I not suprised you'd say that. :)You've GOT to stick up for your man! :clap::)

That´s what I´ll do if the members of this site really get the chance to sign a petition.

The hole day i'm thinking about this wonderful few seconds! :happy:This is really the Vice moment 2010! I never thougt that we get the chance to see him as Sonny again! Many thanks to DJ and to Nike!!!!

I have watched the clip serveral times now. And I cannot get over the fact how he still is Crocket in a instantLike it hasn't been that long since MV ended.

I have watched the clip serveral times now. And I cannot get over the fact how he still is Crocket in a instantLike it hasn't been that long since MV ended.

Yes, you're right! It's unbeliveble!

Let's send him a giant fan card from the site using 2010 technology. O.k., who wants to run with this project. Then imagine him writing in! "Hi guys, this is Don Johnson. I just wanted to thank you because your site rocks. Yes, I am writing the script for the new movie with Michael Mann. Sincerely, D.J." :eek: People would freak out.

I´ve been as sceptic as anyone about a remake. But then I see DJ in this commercial. The Crockett character just seems to be natural for him. He looks great. Older but cool as ever. If they decide to do this they should do it with a season 5 feel to it. The burned out Crockett would be perfect for DJ with grey stubble. Castillo should get a cal from the Mayor of Miami. We have a problem with one of our old friends. Can you gather your old team. The last to arrive to the ocb should be Crockett. Gina and Crockett finally ends up together, and as he Gina and Tubbs drives into the sunset, the classic line should be. " Hey Tubbs, ever considered a job in southern law enforcement"Also it should be done like Die Hard 4.0. John Mclane is a dinosaur. He does not know anything about Computers, but he can kick ass. The worst thing that could be done was to try and copy the series. Make it temporary. Yes Crockett and Tubbs are old but they´re brought back to kick ass. So make it big and right and the result could turn out good

Wow! I havent see everybody so happy in years here! WOOHOO!Well..i dont know whos behind DJ`s back, of course he has all talent and deserved a come back since many time ago. But i can bet, someone figured out if DJ´s want to succeed today, he cant deny his past. Since many ppl doesnt remember MV today, the only way to claim his "pedigree" is not denying the classic/pop-culture/cool/irreplaceable character done by Don. This can be allow him to get new roles!I did some searches today looking for more stuff about the story, and seems ppl is talking much more about Don (how refreshing, how cool, how good is to see Crockett again) than Lebron. Well, nobody is perfect...Of course Don is older, but sometimes i can remember him the way he is today, doing that first MV appearance in Brother Keeper, at the Carlyle.At same time...well I dont know if you read that comic book / graphic novel made by Frank Miller for DC Comics in the 80´s (i confess i read the whole story listening Jan Hammer´s MV songs, maybe because that, i felt it was so cool), telling the story about a Batman 50 years old (50? Someone correct me if Im wrong). Damn, this can be a starting point for Crockett and the old cast...! Of course i dont see Crockett and everybody wearing pastels today....but thats the way i saw him in the nike ad.Damn, and Nike pulled the ad out from youtube...Is it suposed to sell nike sportwear much more huh? What a shame...Well, Don Johnson has an official site already?Im sorry about my english worst than ever!All i can say is:ttp://img72.imageshack.us/i/kanes.gif/]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3348/kanes.gif Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That´s what I´ll do if the members of this site really get the chance to sign a petition.

YES' date=' WE CAN![/size']Maybe Obama is kinda unpopular these days, but sorry guys, i cant resist.

Wow! I havent see everybody so happy in years here! WOOHOO!ttp://img72.imageshack.us/i/kanes.gif/]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3348/kanes.gif Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Don' date=' Mr. Calderon, and everyone reading this ROCKS BIG TIME!We all love MIAMI VICE! Let this feeling LINGER, and stay with you... THAT is how I feel about MIAMI VICE ALL THE TIME! Whoever on this site first stated that this is the MIAMI VICE moment of the year is absolutely CORRECT! :thumbsup:

Hear, hear!We should also seize the initiative and do another D.J. Q&A submission thread/appreciation letter, it's been years. No guarantee we'll get an answer. Who wants to spearhead that? Who did the last PMT engagement (the stuff linked on the front page)? Was that you, Capitan Caipi?

Hear' date=' hear!We should also seize the initiative and do another D.J. Q&A submission thread/appreciation letter, it's been years. No guarantee we'll get an answer. Who wants to spearhead that? Who did the last PMT engagement (the stuff linked on the front page)? Was that you, Capitan Caipi?[/quote'] Would be fine if Don has a official site....It worked when we had the idea to invite PMT to do the interview with my other pals....Probably Don would know there is a bunch of fans happy about him.Well..the feeeling of this Don appearance, looks like to win a Fifa World Cup...everybody is absolutely crazy here about Don. But the way....Menno...where are you now?

• Administrators

Ya never know about another MV movie with DJ. It is a long shot but he knows that is the show that made him who he is today.He may end up going the William Shatner route (no not Priceline commercials either) I'm talking about how years ago at a Trekkie convention he blew up and told ever one to get a life and that it was only a TV show and a few movies, well fast forward a few years and he stated he regretted saying those words and fell right back into being Captain Kirk.As with ever one else, I was speechless to see him as Sonny again.Ya never know. :thumbsup:

This commercial is too good to be true! There's no way DJ can turn away from reprising Crockett in a reunion movie after seeing how good he looks here. The whole cast is still young enough, capable, and active. It's got to happen!I'm still speechless that he donned the white linen jacket and actually had a real line of dialogue! :thumbsup:

Could it be that he has finally understood that he has never become a movie star, just an actor in movies, but at this point, figures it wouldn't hurt his career doing a commercial cameo as Crockett. He will always be remembered as Crockett, and to distance himself from it at this late stage in his career wouldn't make any sense. He has made it clear that he is very proud of the work he did in MIAMI VICE.I do not see a TV movie (I'd LOVE to be proved wrong), so I see no need getting false hope for something that isn't in the works. (I'd guess Alex2b who is setting up the convention would have heard something from the actors, and those cast members who remain close to JOHN DIEHL. Something would have leaked by now) Don't set yourself up for a disapointment.I'll bet Don knows as of today that he can't shake Crockett, and most likely had fun doing the commercial, and most likely joked around on the ser, and laughed about it. I'll bet he enjoyed it, and was happy to do it. As he gets older, and sees that it won't hurt his career, we may in fact, see Sonny again in one form or another.

• Administrators

That was pretty much my point above. He may be losing the hate of the typecast he once had, just as Shatner did with his Kirk character.Who knows?