Relieved of Duty

Ferrariman

Bumett1292 -That is an excellent post. I am glad that you are here, and please know that there are people of like mind here. As has been stated, there are a group of mods here, not just one. The .org implosion has happened, it is in the past, and the future is right here. We are all where we need to be.Welcome to the OCB, you rookie. Now run and go get us some coffee and donuts ;) .

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ferrariman

• Richie Rich

• DJWannaB

• timm525

Bumett1292 -That is an excellent post. I am glad that you are here' date=' and please know that there are people of like mind here. As has been stated, there are a group of mods here, not just one. The .org implosion has happened, it is in the past, and the future is right here. We are all where we need to be.Welcome to the OCB, you rookie. Now run and go get us some coffee and donuts ;) .[/quote']Rich, you had me laughing as I read this, especially the last part! :dance2: doing the happy dance......And thanks Burnett1292 for your honesty. I too watched what I said when the tombstones came up etc. I didn't like the thought of accidently saying something wrong and being stomped on.....Here I can do it and people who know me here, and will know me, you all will laugh with me or jokingly correct me. I don't mind being corrected in a nice mature way if I accidently say something I didn't mean or didn't realize....Sue

try againSorry if this comes through twice. I'm trying to get used to the format and I think I deleted my last post by accident. Anway, I was trying to say how beautifully Burnett1292 summed up what happened on .org. It was painful to watch the new members being bashed when they innocently asked questions that annoyed the "in crowd". We probably lost a lot of good people because of them. And those endless inside jokes were really tiresome! I'm looking forward to a return to the good old days. Thank you, Ferrariman for giving us the opportunity. Your dedication is greatly appreciated. MJ

Good to see you over here, MJ. If I recall correctly, you were on the old MV email list, right? You, me, Nancy and EJ are the only ones still around.:cheers:

Sorry if this comes through twice. I'm trying to get used to the format and I think I deleted my last post by accident. Anway' date=' I was trying to say how beautifully Burnett1292 summed up what happened on .org. It was painful to watch the new members being bashed when they innocently asked questions that annoyed the "in crowd". We probably lost a lot of good people because of them. And those endless inside jokes were really tiresome! I'm looking forward to a return to the good old days. Thank you, Ferrariman for giving us the opportunity. Your dedication is greatly appreciated. MJ[/quote']

Old timers

Good to see you over here' date=' MJ. If I recall correctly, you were on the old MV email list, right? You, me, Nancy and EJ are the only ones still around.:cheers:[/quote']Thanks, and cheers to you as well, airtommy! And yes, we were together on the old MV email list. Those were some fun times. I've seen Nancy post but is EJ here too? Haven't talked to her in a long time. Looking forward to catching up with all of you. Have a great day!MJ

I agree with what everyone has said but would like to add a few comments. I am 100% behind F-man because there would be no English MV forum without him. Keep in mind however that some of the people that were bashed on .org fully deserved it, and were trolls or idiots. Rock for example the guy who kept bugging everyone about the Vice Action Adventure show. Also RB was provoked. I could be wrong but it looked like there was a trap set for him by those who thought they could goad him into profane outbursts. It seemed as if he made a mistake by playing right into their hands. Does that excuse his posts, or the attempted bullying by some of his buddies- no of course not. I just think we should recognize what really happened. Rarely are things black and white, life is more complex. Sorry for rehashing an old story- let's move on.

I got roped into the whole tombstone thing over on .org, as well as the dead horses. I should have known better, and I am not proud of my part in it. Some people deserved a verbal slap, but it wasn't my place to do it.Sorry

• Administrators

Well on top of everything else I just logged in over there to find out I've been banned. I wonder why it took almost 2 weeks to reach this monumental decision?

Guest The Talk

Well on top of everything else I just logged in over there to find out I've been banned. I wonder why it took almost 2 weeks to reach this monumental decision?

Maybe because they've been so kind to wait until your birthday is over. :p:dance2:

What?!

Nah. you've only been "suspended." :rolleyes: That's what your account status says...They've also deleted quite a few posts. Last I knew, I had about 160 or so. Now I have 57.

• Administrators

Suspended is just another word for banned, I can't post at all... Not that there's anyone there to read it anyway.

• Administrators
Nah. you've only been "suspended." :rolleyes: That's what your account status says...They've also deleted quite a few posts. Last I knew' date=' I had about 160 or so. Now I have 57.[/quote']Frey, that's the politically correct term.

Frey' date=' that's the politically correct term. Get with the times buddy.;)[/quote']Oh I knew that. That's why I used this gator :rolleyes: after my comment. ;)

Thanks for the compliments on my post folks. I tried my best to call it as I saw it, and apparently this resonated with a lot of people. I like what I see here already, and I plan to be around for a while.

• Administrators

Then I spotted this site, and for a while now I have watched it. No bullies, no B.S. Just people who are fans of the show posting interesting topics again. I hope to be a contributing member of this site, and just wanted to say to Ferrariman thanks for doing the best you could on the other site. Like Crockett said, some of us had to go where we "don't know the names of any of the players" (we all know who the players are on the other site).

What happened at .org is not going to happen here buddy. This site has multiple Administrators and Moderators watching daily.Thanks for replying and welcome to .ws!

Suspended is just another word for banned' date=' I can't post at all... Not that there's anyone there to read it anyway.[/quote']Looks like they deleted your post under F-Man. Maybe Martijn didn't like been called a coward LOL

Looks like they deleted your post under F-Man. Maybe Martijn didn't like been called a coward LOL

My guess is that post on .org from "F-man" was from someone just trying to stir up trouble and not really from Lou. You can't believe everything you read on the net. Am I right?

• Administrators

No Jim that was indeed me posting. I wanted them to know that I knew they were hacking my account. Martijn could've hid what he was doing if he knew his way around .org but he doesn't. I knew it would get deleted and I would be banned again but that means that they read it!! It's fine with me, it's exactly what I expected them to do. They are so predictable.

Hi Lou and othersI have been out of the picture of .org and this website since I believe march or so. So I am not very much up to date of what has been happening. Just received an email from Lou and 2 PMs from old .org members. In all honesty though, I do feel I have to express my surprise.Since the legendary fall out with Rick, somewhere around this time last year (funny how these arguements always happened around Christmas time now that I think of it) me and Mr C got great support from Lou, Tifany as also from martijn. (and many other members for that matters)Hence my surprise that the situation has completely changed one year later. Apparently Rick and his disciples have been welcomed back by the new administrators with open arms. Surprising to me, since they didnt hold back to express their opinion about Rick, Srobak and Earthtoneless to name a few. Which wasn´t pretty btw, and with every right to. I remember Rick and his buddies descibed as abusive, alcoholic mental unstable men with private problems. This is not my opinion, I never met them, but from the 2 administrators who did have the ´honor´ of meeting him. Also it was told to me that Ricks hate against a certain cast member (guess who?) was due that his father had been fired from MV due to the same cast member. This was told to me by Tifany.I have met Martijn and Tifany twice and they have been very friendly towards me. It is a shame to read and see that their opinion about the causers have changed 180 degrees to the other side. However, I can not judge their reasons, nor do I feel the urge to condemn them. Lets just say I am very confused about whats happening here. however, I do feel for Lou, and that is the reason I made my comeback. this man has put all his effort and valuable time into .org and was relieved from his duty with a bucket of sewer thrown over him. I don´t think this is the way to deal with legends. Therefore I choose this website to give my 2 cents about the current situation. Also because I heared there is a strong censorship on .org these days ;)I am curious to the motivations of Martijn and Tif, but I cant think of any good arguements to bring the troublemakers back to the old site. So therefore my sympathy and loyalty is definitely with Lou.Btw, the site is looking good, keep up the good work. I will try to be a bit more active in posting ;)Menno

Welcome menno. I remember the fall out with Rick and yourself. I read thru some of those old threads and scratch my head and wonder why he was angry with you. :confused: