Relieved of Duty

Ferrariman

Good to see you over here' date=' MJ. If I recall correctly, you were on the old MV email list, right? You, me, Nancy and EJ are the only ones still around.:cheers:[/quote']Hi Airtommy, what is "the old MV email list"?:confused:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ferrariman

• Richie Rich

• DJWannaB

• timm525

Thank you for this topicIt's not that I want to dwell on the past, I just wanted to know what happened. Tony D PMed me on the Org site, because I hadn't been around for a while real life definitely got in the way, and then I went to Miami like we always do in October. I finally checked in on Org last week, but there was a PM from Tony D before I could even check DJ beyond Vice. Tony D asked my opinion about what had happened. I had to inform him I didn't know what he was talking about. When I searched over there to find out. I got one little paragrah posted by Martinj that he deleted all the posts regarding the take over. I had to come over here to find out about some of it. Also Tony D PMed me again over on Org and gave me the link where I guess the posts still resided (at least Dec 5 they were still there.) Needless to say I am upset about all of this, but its in the past. At least I know now why every one is upset and what the heck is going on at org So thank you for allowing me to read all these posts to get an idea of who's here, and what the heck happened; As to why I'm still in the dark unless it was politics and a power grab. That's the only thing I can come up with because Ferrariman you were a fair, patient and honest moderator, and I just love this site. Why does everything bad happen in October. It was in October 2006 the first blowup with The RB gang happened and it was while I was gone again in October/November 2008 that this last org blowup happened. This is the second time I've disappeared for a while that something drasticly changes or something bad occurs over there. I guess I'll have to stop going away!;)

So DJ got R1 fired. Well I'll be. All this time I assumed Don tried (or succeeded) to get with Rick's wife.

Exactly what I thought as well. I actually mentioned this to Lou in a PM about this time last year. So it's got to do with his Dad eh.

• Administrators

Nobody knows for sure exactly what happened (if anything) and no matter what our feelings I don't think it proper to discuss anyone's private life. From what I read here this is Tifany's version of events and the chances that she got the story twisted somehow are pretty good! So unless we hear it straight from the (dead) horses mouth it's all speculation. Let's leave it there.Thanks!

Nobody knows for sure exactly what happened (if anything) and no matter what our feelings I don't think it proper to discuss anyone's private life. From what I read here this is Tifany's version of events and the chances that she got the story twisted somehow are pretty good! So unless we hear it straight from the (dead) horses mouth it's all speculation. Let's leave it there.Thanks!

Yep, agreed

... the (dead) horses ... Let's leave it there.
Most definitely. I was hoping that the dead horses thing and all the feuds and hatred would stay on the old site' date=' and not come over here. Please no!! [b']Stay off the horses !!!Eingefügtes Bild

It's not that I want to dwell on the past' date=' I just wanted to know what happened. Tony D PMed me on the Org site, because I hadn't been around for a while real life definitely got in the way, and then I went to Miami like we always do in October. I finally checked in on Org last week, but there was a PM from Tony D before I could even check DJ beyond Vice. Tony D asked my opinion about what had happened. I had to inform him I didn't know what he was talking about. When I searched over there to find out. I got one little paragrah posted by Martinj that he deleted all the posts regarding the take over. I had to come over here to find out about some of it. Also Tony D PMed me again over on Org and gave me the link where I guess the posts still resided (at least Dec 5 they were still there.) Needless to say I am upset about all of this, but its in the past. At least I know now why every one is upset and what the heck is going on at org So thank you for allowing me to read all these posts to get an idea of who's here, and what the heck happened; As to why I'm still in the dark unless it was politics and a power grab. That's the only thing I can come up with because Ferrariman you were a fair, patient and honest moderator, and I just love this site. Why does everything bad happen in October. It was in October 2006 the first blowup with The RB gang happened and it was while I was gone again in October/November 2008 that this last org blowup happened. This is the second time I've disappeared for a while that something drasticly changes or something bad occurs over there. I guess I'll have to stop going away!;)[/quote']Don't be upset you missed it, Nancy. It was painful to watch! Lou and the gang are all here now-so just let's party on and enjoy!!! So good to see you here!! MJ

• Administrators
I was hoping that the dead horses thing would stay on the old site' date=' and not come over here. [/quote']Oh I just had to. After all, they are watching you know! ;)

I just visited the jan-hammer.net site that Martijn has run into the ground to view Dadrian's works and postings, and under my user name, instead of something like "overall guru", Martijn has actually wasted his time deleting this and inserting, "All demanding member without a clue".Those that were members over there, ....remember all I did for him and the members? Remember all the rare music he talked me into sending and then not posting after his promises for weeks and months, and YEARS that it would be up in a week. Notice how nothing works?This is what to expect on .org now.That was a low blow attack on me. And really, for what? Trying hard to make his site the best Jan Hammer site on the internet. This is what I deserve?I offered my friendship.This shows his character.Martijn, I'm suprised and ashamed of you.

• Administrators

I know exactly how you feel! I've also heard from other members who have been banned for no clear reason. Nobody is there, nobody is posting and yet they keep banning members. A sure fire road to success!

Hi Airtommy' date=' what is "the old MV email list"?:confused:[/quote']I don't know when it started, probably in the mid-1990s, before the World Wide Web was commonplace. It was based in England, and it was a Miami Vice discussion group. It was run by Mark Jackson from this now-dead website:http://harley.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~mark/miami/There was a central email address, and you would reply to that and your message would get sent to the whole group of subscribers. There was a flourishing discussion group for many years. I joined in 2000, near the tail end of the good years. After a few years it faded in quality and quantity, and then died. Obviously, the Web made message boards more popular and miami-vice .org took over as the main place to chat about MV.The first Miami Vice convention (1998) was a creation of the members of the email list.Here is some more lore about Miami Vice on the Web.

Now that is going back in time. I remember getting the emails way back when. I think I even have a few of the emails saved on some old floppies I have...

• Administrators

I like the list of members from 1998. At the bottom of the list is "Stan the Bum"

Now that is going back in time. I remember getting the emails way back when. I think I even have a few of the emails saved on some old floppies I have...

You should store it on your hard drive.As you know, it's better to be Hard than floppy. :clap::D

...I've also heard from other members who have been banned for no clear reason. Nobody is there' date=' nobody is posting and yet they keep banning members. A sure fire road to success![/quote']It's a different way to shut down a site. Kinda like when retail stores close down slowly by "selling down to the walls."
...it's better to be hard than floppy.
LOL!

Oh I just had to. After all' date=' they are watching you know! ;)[/quote']No problemo. You are entitled."Operation Countersurveillance" is hereby given the green light. Commence stakeout, and have your reports submitted by 6 AM Miami time. :radar:

So DJ got R1 fired. Well I'll be. All this time I assumed Don tried (or succeeded) to get with Rick's wife.

From what i knew...DJ asked for a better salary, and between him and cut expenses, someone else was fired.But it still remains a story told by Tiffany.

You should store it on your hard drive.As you know' date=' it's better to be Hard than floppy. :clap::D[/quote']LOLOL Very true!!:dance2: I don't even have a way to get to any of the things on them anymore. All I have are laptops!:eek:

http://harley.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~mark/miami/There was a central email address, and you would reply to that and your message would get sent to the whole group of subscribers. There was a flourishing discussion group for many years. I joined in 2000, near the tail end of the good years. After a few years it faded in quality and quantity, and then died. Obviously, the Web made message boards more popular and miami-vice .org took over as the main place to chat about MV.The first Miami Vice convention (1998) was a creation of the members of the email list.Here is some more lore about Miami Vice on the Web.

Thanks for explaining.This is the first i heard about that.How is Stan the bum?lol

http://harley.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~mark/miami/There was a central email address, and you would reply to that and your message would get sent to the whole group of subscribers. There was a flourishing discussion group for many years. I joined in 2000, near the tail end of the good years. After a few years it faded in quality and quantity, and then died. Obviously, the Web made message boards more popular and miami-vice .org took over as the main place to chat about MV.The first Miami Vice convention (1998) was a creation of the members of the email list.Here is some more lore about Miami Vice on the Web.

MAJOR COOL info. And PMT showed up to the shindig in Miami, eh? Nice!