My trip to Miami..

aly 7

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2791[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2792[/ATTACH]Washington and Espanola Way..Pretty sure this where Caitlin meets her demise.....It was also seen in the background of "Everybodys in Showbiz"

If you don't mind me asking, what sources did you use for tracking down these locations?

It looks way different now but it`s from the opening scene in "Brothers Keeper" where the kid is break dancing in the street...I almost missed this one being a restaurant ' date='kinda masked its identity...[/quote'] At least they have good drinks and good food. When I was there I was looking for the Carlyle to take a picture like from the opening scene with Crockett. I was dressed correctly but it was impossible to do it.

If you don't mind me asking' date=' what sources did you use for tracking down these locations?[/quote']I got the internet on my phone a little over a year ago...I googled Miami Vice and wrote down alot of info.I baught maps and books about Miami...studied the maps for months.Mapquest was also very helpful...I matched up the addresses from the MV location map.Memory was also a huge factor...Even though things had changed,some spots were obvious.My phone was updated just before the trip..with GPS....very helpful....We did use the maps and my notes mostly....and instinct....I feel we did pretty o.k. with a hand full of maps and a couple of tanks of gas....:D:D

I got the internet on my phone a little over a year ago...I googled Miami Vice and wrote down alot of info.I baught maps and books about Miami...studied the maps for months.Mapquest was also very helpful...I matched up the addresses from the MV location map.Memory was also a huge factor...Even though things had changed' date='some spots were obvious.My phone was updated just before the trip..with GPS....very helpful....We did use the maps and my notes mostly....and instinct....I feel we did pretty o.k. with a hand full of maps and a couple of tanks of gas....:D:D[/quote']You appear to have done VERY WELL!Did your friends get a kick out of it, and do they think your a little strange with this "MIAMI VICE thing"?

You appear to have done VERY WELL! Did your friends get a kick out of it' date=' and do they think your a little strange with this "MIAMI VICE thing"?[/quote']They actually had alot of fun....My sister likes the show,she even has some favorite episodes...My best friend thinks it`s pretty cool...She likes the show too....They can`t wait to go back..As far as the "strange "part I have no idea what they say when I`m not in the room....:):):)They support and humor me mostly...Some people think I`m nuts ,but that`s their problem....

They actually had alot of fun....My sister likes the show' date='she even has some favorite episodes...My best friend thinks it`s pretty cool...She likes the show too....They can`t wait to go back..As far as the "strange "part I have no idea what they say when I`m not in the room....:):):)They support and humor me mostly...Some people think I`m nuts ,but that`s their problem....[/quote']Because I dress the part, and talk about it, EVERYONE who knows me knows I'm into it. They aren't, but they are familiar with the show (they have to be with me talking about it :)). Luckily, I have sooo many things I'm into, it's just another thing for them. I'm into the three original STAR WARS movies, and all sorts of things, but MIAMI VICE is what I go overboard on. It's just....my thing. :thumbsup:I'm obsessed.

Because I dress the part' date=' and talk about it, EVERYONE who knows me knows I'm into it. They aren't, but they are familiar with the show (they have to be with me talking about it :)). Luckily, I have sooo many things I'm into, it's just another thing for them. I'm into the three original STAR WARS movies, and all sorts of things, but MIAMI VICE is what I go overboard on. It's just....my thing. :thumbsup: I'm obsessed.[/quote']Good word,obsessed:thumbsup:I love aircraft....So Miami Vice and airplanes makes for an interesting house...More Vice type themes to say the very least.If I`m not talking about Vice I`m watching it.....(It just never gets old)

I got the internet on my phone a little over a year ago...I googled Miami Vice and wrote down alot of info.I baught maps and books about Miami...studied the maps for months.Mapquest was also very helpful...I matched up the addresses from the MV location map.Memory was also a huge factor...Even though things had changed' date='some spots were obvious.My phone was updated just before the trip..with GPS....very helpful....We did use the maps and my notes mostly....and instinct....I feel we did pretty o.k. with a hand full of maps and a couple of tanks of gas....:D:D[/quote']Wow, that's some serious effort and research. I'd say you did way better than pretty ok. :) Well when I do someday make the time to really see Miami and tour the shooting locations I will do it right and plan it like you did. :thumbsup:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2797[/ATTACH]:D:D:D

This looks like a place where I'd lke to be right about now --ok, maybe in 2 hours when it is Happy Hour. ;)Btw, was this any place special in M-V?

This looks l[ATTACH=CONFIG]2800[/ATTACH]ike a place where I'd lke to be right about now --ok' date=' maybe in 2 hours when it is Happy Hour. ;) Btw, was this any place special in M-V?[/quote'][ATTACH=CONFIG]2799[/ATTACH]It was no place in particular, really...The name was the "Sandbar"...3 Blocks away from the New Casablanca hotel where we stayed.....Great music btw..... the shot glasses were to re-enact the scene from "Buddies".....The bartender was not very happy when I stacked them....I saw them and had to do it....:cool:

post-1174-13892963336977_thumb.jpg

post-1174-13892963337182_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2797[/ATTACH]:D:D:D

I knew EXACTLY what the stacked shot glasses was from, and why you did it! :clap::clap::clap:

I knew EXACTLY what the stacked shot glasses was from' date=' and why you did it! :clap::clap::clap:[/quote']These pix are my personal tribute to Miami Vice.....It`s pretty deep...Knew you woulden`t miss that one Cooper&Burnett....

These pix are my personal tribute to Miami Vice.....It`s pretty deep...Knew you woulden`t miss that one Cooper&Burnett....

Believe me....I didn't miss it! :):thumbsup:Too cool.....too cool....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2799[/ATTACH]It was no place in particular' date=' really...The name was the "Sandbar"...3 Blocks away from the New Casablanca hotel where we stayed.....Great music btw..... the shot glasses were to re-enact the scene from "Buddies".....The bartender was not very happy when I stacked them....I saw them and had to do it....:cool:[/quote'] Whoops. Forgot about that scene with Sonny and his pal (James Remar) and with the pool table. :o

Guest kleine miss jackie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2803[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2802[/ATTACH]

Isn't the picture of the United States Post Office from the episode 'Down for the Count part II"' date=' in this scene:[center'][ATTACH=CONFIG]2806[/ATTACH];)Eingefügtes Bild

post-9747-13892963338352_thumb.jpg

Whoops. Forgot about that scene with Sonny and his pal (James Remar) and with the pool table. :o

I would love to have a pool table like that....