NEW! 80'S WAYFARERS ARE BACK!

COOPER&BURNETT

This is the dark tortoise shell frames next to the light tortoise shell frames. Both are the new classic wayfarer.(This is before I have replaced the brown lenses in the light tortoise shell frames.)Eingefügtes Bild

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Ferrariman

• DefinitelyCrockett

• Philippe

Here's a group shot of all my wayfarers. (I'd have two more for the shot, but one was broken in the 80's and the other was reciently stolen from my car.)Eingefügtes Bild

Oh Coop - how disappointing that one of your Wayfarers got stolen! :cry:Thanks for posting the comparison shots :thumbsup: I know definitely now that the dark tortoise would be better for me. I couldn't decide between the tortoise and black, so I thought that the tortoise would be a good choice because they are tortoise, but quite dark.I have been noticing Wayfarers on lots of people lately & have noticed how they suit a wide variety of people & also they look good with a variety of outfits. The D&G ones I have now cost me over double what these Wayfarers are costing me, but I can only wear them with certain clothes & they also look better if my hair is up. I think the Wayfarers will be more versatile.Like you said, in the end - we might love the same make of sunnies, but our preferences will be different when it comes to frame colours, logos, vintage/new etc. But they are still getting the love they deserve :happy:

Oh Coop - how disappointing that one of your Wayfarers got stolen! :cry:Thanks for posting the comparison shots :thumbsup: I know definitely now that the dark tortoise would be better for me. I couldn't decide between the tortoise and black' date=' so I thought that the tortoise would be a good choice because they are tortoise, but quite dark.I have been noticing Wayfarers on lots of people lately & have noticed how they suit a wide variety of people & also they look good with a variety of outfits. The D&G ones I have now cost me over double what these Wayfarers are costing me, but I can only wear them with certain clothes & they also look better if my hair is up. I think the Wayfarers will be more versatile.Like you said, in the end - we might love the same make of sunnies, but our preferences will be different when it comes to frame colours, logos, vintage/new etc. But they are still getting the love they deserve :happy:[/quote']You know something DefinitelyCrockett, I wear these sunglasses EVERY DAY. I do mean everyday. In the rain, when I'm driving, Summer, Winter, ....it doesn't matter.Yeah, I had a pair of WAYFARER sunglasses hanging from my cars visior, and someone got into my car (it's a 1990 toyota) most likely with a shaved key, and can get in anytime they want. The person has gotten into my car 4 times now. First he stole my wayfarers, a down feather jacket, spare change in my center console, and .....an open bag of potato chips. :rolleyes:Next time, he took all my spare change again. Next time, I put in only about 99 cents in the center console, and he took that. The last time, I open my glove compartment, center console, and show that there is absolutely nothing to take. There is nothing in there. I could put an alarm in there, but why spend the money to do it, when there is nothing stopping him from getting in, and there is nothing to steal.Anyway, It doesn't matter to me if members want the vintage 80s wayfarers (I own two, and one from the 50's or 60's), or the new versions. What IS important is that you get the right size for your face. 50MM is what DON JOHNSON wore, and what fit's me. I suggest anyone who wants one of the new classic wayfarers to go to the store, like Macy's, and check them out yourselves. Try them on. You'll love them!!WAYFARERS FOREVER!!!! :shout::dance2:

• Administrators

Sounds like you need to set up a hidden webcam for this thief Coop!

Sounds like you need to set up a hidden webcam for this thief Coop!

He does this when I'm sleeping. He has even stolen from me when it was pouring rain.What he does is open the car door without any visible signs of entry. He turns off the dome light so it's dark in the car. I'm guessing he uses a flashlight to look around. Thankfully, he gently closes the door slightly, and leaves the dome light off, so my battery isn't dead when I go to my car for work. He doesn't seem interested in stealing the car. There is never any damage to the car.I have no idea when he'll strike. However interesting it would be to catch this thief on film, the cost to do so, when there isn't anything left to steal, doesn't make it practical. Yes, I did loose a couple hundred dollars to this thief, but spending more money on an alarm, or camera is just spending more money. I'm assuming he will give up when he finds nothing is ever left in the car (I keep the glove compartment, and center console cover open.)I even tried a fake car alarm with blinking red light, but with just a peek with a flashlight, he entered anyway. He'sstupid, but not an idiot.I can't stop him from entering the car. It does piss me off, but there isn't anything I can do.

I can't stop him from entering the car. It does piss me off' date=' but there isn't anything I can do.[/quote']Uhm, Em I missing the point somewhere here? Coop (can I call you Coop?), you live in a gated community, and someone can just enter your car many times a row - steal your goods and there's nothing you can do?:rolleyes: Doesn't your community have a security / surveillance team? I mean come on, you probably have 'rules and regulations' the size of a bible - but a burglar with a fake key can just trespass, steal your stuff and get away with it? You really and I mean really need to go and talk to one of the community's responsible, because what's the point in living in a gated community if things like that can happen??? :birdie:Plus and here's a hint for ya, I'm sure the community responsible can avoid bad publicity like this.If not, go to the police, for god's sake Coop - here's the definition for breaking and entering (don't take breaking literally): the criminal act of entering a residence or other enclosed property through the slightest amount of force (even pushing open a door), without authorization. If there is intent to commit a crime (like stealing!), this is burglary. Somebody, do something!

burglary. Somebody, do something!

Easier said than done. Who says this person is jumping the fenses? Perhaps it's some punk kid who LIVES in the community. I've already mentioned it the security here, but being it's so random, and there are many homes, and roads, and landscape to hide in, unless they get lucky, they won't find him. Other cars have been robbed. The security has 24 hour security guards here driving marked vehicles.Perhaps someone gave him the gate code. You don't have to drive in the gate, as there is a side gate for those on foot. What's the point in living in a gated community if these things happen?? Would it be better if I moved to a non gated home with no security? I'd say robbery chances would go waaaay up if I did that. This is a very upscale area, but you can't stop everyone. Look at what O.J. Simpson did in Brentwood. Creeps can be everywhere sad to say.It is a crime to steal, but it's not the securitys fault. This is not fort knox. Cars left out are targets. Luckily, nobody's homes have been reported robbed. We have great alarms...and guns.Perhaps it's my fault. Several of my neighbors have 4 car garages. Perhaps I should have bought a home that had that. I could sell two of my cars....

Easier said than done. Who says this person is jumping the fenses? Perhaps it's some punk kid who LIVES in the community. I've already mentioned it the security here' date=' but being it's so random, and there are many homes, and roads, and landscape to hide in, unless they get lucky, they won't find him. Other cars have been robbed. The security has 24 hour security guards here driving marked vehicles.Perhaps someone gave him the gate code. You don't have to drive in the gate, as there is a side gate for those on foot. What's the point in living in a gated community if these things happen?? Would it be better if I moved to a non gated home with no security? I'd say robbery chances would go waaaay up if I did that. This is a very upscale area, but you can't stop everyone. Look at what O.J. Simpson did in Brentwood. Creeps can be everywhere sad to say.It is a crime to steal, but it's not the securitys fault. This is not fort knox. Cars left out are targets. Luckily, nobody's homes have been reported robbed. We have great alarms...and guns.Perhaps it's my fault. Several of my neighbors have 4 car garages. Perhaps I should have bought a home that had that. I could sell two of my cars....[/quote']I get the picture but still... To quote De Niro as Jimmy Conway in Goodfellas:[ATTACH=CONFIG]4038[/ATTACH]Tommy, you gonna let him get away with that? You gonna let this fu**ing punk get away with that? What's the matter? What's the world coming to?;)

post-10471-13892963671578_thumb.jpg

Get a rat trap from home depot' date=' put it in the glove compartment and cover it up with a thin scarf or something :gift:When you hear someone screaming outside in the middle of the night, it’s time to grab the baseball bat and offer some medical attention :dance:Screaming alarm for 2 bucks :DscnrThanks for the info about the new old-style wayfarers. I lost my black pair last year.. time to get a new one.[/quote']Don, Ferrariman, and myself have given the new classic wayfarers two thumbs up each! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Go to the store, and try them on! Your going to fall in love with wayfarers all over again.(p.s. I thought about something like a rat trap in the car, but... setting it up, and taking it down each morning would be a major pain in the ass, and, what would he do to my car in retaliation?? Not worth it. )

A "Booby Trap" like the rat trap described is consider illegal in some states. It's unlikely he would report you and if he did he'd have to explain what he was doing in your car. ;)

A "Booby Trap" like the rat trap described is consider illegal in some states. It's unlikely he would report you and if he did he'd have to explain what he was doing in your car. ;)

Thanks for the info. However, not interested in the retaliation. If he want's to break in with nothing to steal, so be it.

Wow, that's unbelievable to read about all those break ins Coop - it's almost like they are playing a game with you (in a stupid warped kind of way). What a weirdo! Must be so frustrating.Keep us updated - hope this person gets caught.

80's wayfarersI do like the 80's originals better than the restyle . I bought my first pair coincidently a month after MV aired and to this day , still sport them . I have taken excellent care of them .

• Administrators
I can't stop him from entering the car. It does piss me off' date=' but there isn't anything I can do.[/quote']I would get a nice warm blanket (to hide under) and sleep in the back seat 'til I caught this SOB!

I would get a nice warm blanket (to hide under) and sleep in the back seat 'til I caught this SOB!

It'd be the perfect opportunity to surprise the perp by jumping up and saying, "Freeze! Miami Vice!" :cool:

It'd be the perfect opportunity to surprise the perp by jumping up and saying' date=' "Freeze! Miami Vice!" :cool:[/quote']If I had knowledge as to when he was going to do this, perhaps I might stay up, and look out my second story window, and shine my laser pointing light on my gun on his forhead, but I'm not going to sleep in my car week after week hoping by chance he might break in (only to look around and see that there is now nothing to steal anymore).I think my idea of not having anyting in the car to steal, and opening up the glove compartment, opening up the covered center console, the ash tray, and opening anything else that could enclose something is the answer.

If I had knowledge as to when he was going to do this' date=' perhaps I might stay up, and look out my second story window, and shine my laser pointing light on my gun on his forhead, but I'm not going to sleep in my car week after week hoping by chance he might break in (only to look around and see that there is now nothing to steal anymore).I think my idea of not having anyting in the car to steal, and opening up the glove compartment, opening up the covered center console, the ash tray, and opening anything else that could enclose something is the answer.[/quote'] If you do this please make sure your pistol isn't loaded and maybe even have the slide locked back. I would hate to hear of you getting into legal trouble over some POS. I'm not antigun, but society feels scum has rights.

If you do this please make sure your pistol isn't loaded and maybe even have the slide locked back. I would hate to hear of you getting into legal trouble over some POS. I'm not antigun' date=' but society feels scum has rights.[/quote']If you are going to wave a gun to someone you don't know it may not be the best strategy to have it unloaded because if the other guy gets out a loaded gun - you might find yourself in some real trouble... but thankfully I think Coop has it under control now, leaving nothing in the car is indeed the best he can do.:thumbsup:

My vintage 5024's came in the mail. Here's a pic of my two pairs. Have to say, it's very different wearing the tortoise pair, the light coming through the frame is kinda cool. Plus the green of the gray/green lenses is more noticeable against the brown.Eingefügtes Bild

If you do this please make sure your pistol isn't loaded and maybe even have the slide locked back. I would hate to hear of you getting into legal trouble over some POS. I'm not antigun' date=' but society feels scum has rights.[/quote']Thank you for your idea, and thoughts.I like you Gary.

Hey! We're back on topic with WAYFARES! :clap:Those shades look fantastic! I was never used to wearing black frames, so I can understand how odd it must first feel wearing the tortoise shell version.You have a very nice pair of wayfarer sunglasses. Here's to you my friend! :cheers: