NEW! 80'S WAYFARERS ARE BACK!

COOPER&BURNETT

The company that I bought the lenses from gave me a courtesy call telling me that usually they have these lenses in stock' date=' but the wayfarers are so popular now (good news!) that they sold out again, and that they had to order them from Italy, and it could take anywhere from 5 - 20 days to get to me.Glad I have a pair of wayfarers to wear in the meantime. ....[u']always have a back up. :thumbsup:

THEY ARE THE WRONG SIZE!!! Damn that makes me mad!Can't phone them today, because they are closed mondays. I have Tuesday and Wed off, but now there is no way for me to get them in time to have them installed on those days, then I'm back to work. :evil::thumbsdown:Sucks to be me.

over 5 weeks now' date=' and I've called twice, and they [u']STILL don't have my lens size in stock from Italy. They said it could take six more weeks!!!!:thumbsdown::evil:Yeah I'm pissed.

THAT'S IT!! I'VE HAD IT!!16 WEEKS have now passed and still NO lenses from Optic World. When I called, I was once again told they should be ready in 3 or 4 weeks. B.S.I ordered the lenses on the first day of Summer, and now it's fall. The entire summer is gone without getting the lenses.I'm really pissed.I called today and demanded that my money be returned.I OFFICIALLY do NOT endorse OPTIC WORLD. I'd advise you NOT to buy lenses from them. They do not update you, and tell you anything to hold onto your money. They also should take down the section of the website allowing you to order lenses from them if they can't deliver in 3 months.In fact I LOST money when I had to pay to ship back the wrong size lenses they sent me. Why should I loose money due to their mistake?Optic World sucks.I'll find another way.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Ferrariman

• DefinitelyCrockett

• Philippe

Optic World told me that they would give me my money back yesterday, and would send me an email confirmation in two hours.THEY DID NEITHER! I (wasting my personal time again) called back and asked where my credited refund was, and where was my email confirmation. They said they didn't have credit card numbers that go back 16 weeks, and would like to send me the money back via Pal Pal. I'm to follow the instructions (what a hassle!) and then I'll get my money back.Once again, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH OPTIC WORLD.

Sorry to hear all the trouble you got there Coop' date=' hopefully you get refunded properly![/quote']All the waiting for .....nothing.I got my money back via pay pal.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for your troubles COOP. I hope you got it all worked out since then. I'm happy to say, I finally got a pair! I love them and what a way to start the summer off. I even didn't have to go thru the trouble of getting the name off the lense as mine are presription and the original lenses are seperate/extra. nice to have spares or if my eyes go to normal..... LOL. The only regret I have is not getting them sooner.... Mike

Sorry for your troubles COOP. I hope you got it all worked out since then. I'm happy to say' date=' I finally got a pair! I love them and what a way to start the summer off. I even didn't have to go thru the trouble of getting the name off the lense as mine are presription and the original lenses are seperate/extra. nice to have spares or if my eyes go to normal..... LOL. The only regret I have is not getting them sooner.... Mike[/quote']Atta boy! You know, and I know that ray ban wayfarers are AWESOME! :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild
I'm thinking about getting a pair of light tortoise also as a back up' date=' and because Crockett wore light tortoise shell in Vice. If I get it, not sure if I'll leave the lenses intact, or have the grey green lenses installed.[/quote']
Today' date=' I decided to go for it. I decided to get one of these lighter shade Wayfarers (same color as the original 80's version, and the color Crockett wore) so I bought them today. :cool::thumbsup:They actually have a Limited Elite Edition of these sunglasses with g-15 green/ grey lenses like the 80's versions (the ones I bought, and are shown in the above pictures only come with....brown lenses. :thumbsdown:) but the strange thing is that the Elite Editions have the tortoise frame, but come with black arms! Yep, g-15 lenses in a tortoise frame with black arms. And it's in the $150.00 range I believe. :evil:The one I just bought, and the one in the above photo is not usually found in U.S. stores. The lighter shade ones usually have to be imported from Europe.[/quote']
Well' date=' I got my (Not sold in the U.S.) light tortoise wayfarers today, and of course, I love 'em. And, like I said in my above posting, I most likely will wear my darker tortoise pair more often. Mostly because I don't care for the brown lenses. I'm really not used to having brown lenses. Everything looks..........brown (brown's not an authorized MIAMI VICE color). I have always had the G-15 green/grey lenses in my raybans all the way back to the 80's. Now that I have the same shade of color wayfarers that were available in the 80's, and the color Crockett wore on the show, I'm thinking about possibly having the lenses changed to the grey/green g-15 lenses. I was told by a friend that most places cannot change the lenses of rayban wayfarer glasses, as it's either a different process, or they don't have a way to do it. Sending it to ray ban is the only way to do it. I think that is incorrect, and I'll bet other specialty places can do it too. I dunno.....I'll try them out. Perhaps the brown lenses aren't too bad. We'll see....Anyway, I got the light tortoise wayfarers (not sold in the U.S.), and I like them very much!!RAY BAN WAYFARERS AND MIAMI VICE ROCK!!
How do you think I feel?? I ordered the lenses for my wayfarers on 6 / 21 / 11. They were out of stock' date=' and they back ordered it from Italy. I've waited patiently for them to arrive. It is now 7 / 11 /11, and they just showed up.....and........THEY ARE THE WRONG SIZE!!! Damn that makes me mad!Can't phone them today, because they are closed mondays. I have Tuesday and Wed off, but now there is no way for me to get them in time to have them installed on those days, then I'm back to work. :evil::thumbsdown:Sucks to be me.
Well.......it's been over 5 weeks now' date=' and I've called twice, and they [u']STILL don't have my lens size in stock from Italy. They said it could take six more weeks!!!!:thumbsdown::evil:Yeah I'm pissed.
THAT'S IT!! I'VE HAD IT!!16 WEEKS have now passed and still NO lenses from Optic World. When I called' date=' I was once again told they should be ready in 3 or 4 weeks. B.S.I ordered the lenses on the first day of Summer, and now it's fall. The entire summer is gone without getting the lenses.I'm really pissed.I called today and demanded that my money be returned.I OFFICIALLY do NOT endorse OPTIC WORLD. I'd advise you NOT to buy lenses from them. They do not update you, and tell you anything to hold onto your money. They also should take down the section of the website allowing you to order lenses from them if they can't deliver in 3 months.In fact I LOST money when I had to pay to ship back the wrong size lenses they sent me. Why should I loose money due to their mistake?Optic World sucks.I'll find another way.
Optic World told me that they would give me my money back yesterday' date=' and would send me an email confirmation in two hours.THEY DID NEITHER! I (wasting my personal time again) called back and asked where my credited refund was, and where was my email confirmation. They said they didn't have credit card numbers that go back 16 weeks, and would like to send me the money back via Pal Pal. I'm to follow the instructions (what a hassle!) and then I'll get my money back.Once again, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH OPTIC WORLD.
Well, I was not happy with OPTIC WORLD, and will never do business with them again, so, I got the lenses elsewhere, and hopefully, perhaps next week, I'll finally finish what I started more than a year ago, and will put in the grey/green G-15 lenses in the modern wayfarer with the light tortoise frame (same color as the original 80's wayfarers like Crockett wore) and replace the brown lenses.Wish me luck that all goes smooth THIS time.

• 4 months later...

New Ray Bans WayfarersI decided to treat myself and bought myself a Christmas gift which I got just yesterday and very happy about also.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I decided to treat myself and bought myself a Christmas gift which I got just yesterday and very happy about also.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Best Christmas gift posted so far! :clap:Those look really nice!I bet you look fantastic in them! :thumbsup:

hi coop my best friend, this is my new wayfarer :)[ATTACH=CONFIG]7401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7402[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7403[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7404[/ATTACH]

post-10077-138929651898_thumb.jpg

post-10077-13892965190179_thumb.jpg

post-10077-13892965190538_thumb.jpg

post-10077-138929651909_thumb.jpg

7401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7402[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7403[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7404[/ATTACH]

Ooooooh....POLARIZED LENSES!! Those are really GREAT lenses! And those are expensive sunglasses too!Awesome shades pal! :thumbsup:

7405[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7406[/ATTACH]:)

Love, ...absolutely Loooooove Vintage wayfarer sunglasses!!! Classic, beautiful design! :happy:

Hear Hear:clap:I wish the 80s' had never left full stop:D

I wear my Ray Ban Wayfarers every single day. If it's sunny, cloudy, rainy,...if I walk out the door, I have my wayfarers on (the only exception is at night. :)).

Ooooooh....POLARIZED LENSES!! Those are really GREAT lenses! And those are expensive sunglasses too!Awesome shades pal! :thumbsup:

i am so happy my pal over the polarized lenses :):cool::thumbsup::happy:, to taste 140 € in germany.

Love' date=' ...absolutely Loooooove Vintage wayfarer sunglasses!!! Classic, beautiful design! :happy:[/quote']my vintage wayfarer to taste 160 € i m so :happy: my pal.

I wear my Ray Ban Wayfarers every single day. If it's sunny' date=' cloudy, rainy,...if I walk out the door, I have my wayfarers on (the only exception is at night. :)).[/quote']:cool: Very cool COOPMine are starting to wear from too much use:cry:Will have to treat myself to new ones:DYes, only Don/Crockett could wear them t night and get away with it:)

:cool: Very cool COOPMine are starting to wear from too much use:cry:Will have to treat myself to new ones:DYes' date=' only Don/Crockett could wear them t night and get away with it:)[/quote']Crockett didn't wear 'em at night, did he? If he did, ...I'm going to have to also. :)

• 7 months later...