NEW! 80'S WAYFARERS ARE BACK!

COOPER&BURNETT

Beach_Vice - thanks for the photo - they look awesome!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I am feeling pretty annoyed right now, as I ordered a pair of Wayfarers over a week ago from a place I had previously ordered some sunnies. They were really fast with posting them out to me that first time.Last week when I placed my order, they told me that my sunnies would ship in 2-3 days - that was last Wednesday. I e-mailed them and they said that due to the 4th of July holiday, there was a delay, and they would ship this week. Yep, I knew that, but 4th of July is ONE day, not a whole friggin week!! Anyway, it's now Friday & my Wayfarers are no closer to me now than they were last week. It's really annoying when you see your credit card charged on the 29th of June, and it's now the 8th of July & the item I purchased is still sitting on a shelf :evil:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Ferrariman

• DefinitelyCrockett

• Philippe

Beach_Vice - thanks for the photo - they look awesome!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I am feeling pretty annoyed right now' date=' as I ordered a pair of Wayfarers over a week ago from a place I had previously ordered some sunnies. They were really fast with posting them out to me that first time.Last week when I placed my order, they told me that my sunnies would ship in 2-3 days - that was last Wednesday. I e-mailed them and they said that due to the 4th of July holiday, there was a delay, and they would ship this week. Yep, I knew that, but 4th of July is ONE day, not a whole friggin week!! Anyway, it's now Friday & my Wayfarers are no closer to me now than they were last week. It's really annoying when you see your credit card charged on the 29th of June, and it's now the 8th of July & the item I purchased is still sitting on a shelf :evil:[/quote']I know what you mean. The lenses for my light wafarers were out of stock, and had to be ordered from Italy. They said it could take three weeks!! I kind of know how you feel. :cry::cry:

The one word that comes to mind is Gorgeous.Luv the sunglasses very :cool:

Yep, wayfarers are soooooooo cool! :thumbsup: They just have simply the coolest design. They can look great dressed up, or dressed down, and look wonderful on men and women. (women look sooo sexy wearing wayfarers)

Yep' date=' wayfarers are soooooooo cool! :thumbsup: They just have simply the coolest design. They can look great dressed up, or dressed down, and look wonderful on men and women. (women look sooo sexy wearing wayfarers)[/quote'] I should think of getting a pair then

I should think of getting a pair then

I bet you'd look totally fine in them! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

For those who might be undecided as to what size to get (I was until Coop helped me out! :thumbsup: ) this might help. While in a local mall I stopped at Sunglass Hut which is likely to be the most expensive store for sunglasses I've ever been to! I showed the saleswoman my Wayfarers and asked her if I could see the larger 54mm size. As I suspected the larger size has a more rounded frame because of the larger 54mm lenses. I would vote against buying the larger size Wayfarers. If you love the look of the pictures we've been posting then you will, in my opinion, be disappointed with the 54mm version. It doesn't look the same. Their shape reminds me of the older Wayfarer II.I did get a small bit of satisfaction. Just before leaving I thanked the woman and asked how much they were. She replied "$179.99" With that I held mine up and said "Georgia Shades, $95 bucks" She didn't have a reply, but the little smile she gave me also showed a lot of frustration!

For those who might be undecided as to what size to get (I was until Coop helped me out! :thumbsup: ) this might help. While in a local mall I stopped at Sunglass Hut which is likely to be the most expensive store for sunglasses I've ever been to! I showed the saleswoman my Wayfarers and asked her if I could see the larger 54mm size. As I suspected the larger size has a more rounded frame because of the larger 54mm lenses. I would vote against buying the larger size Wayfarers. If you love the look of the pictures we've been posting then you will' date=' in my opinion, be disappointed with the 54mm version. It doesn't look the same. Their shape reminds me of the older Wayfarer II.I did get a small bit of satisfaction. Just before leaving I thanked the woman and asked how much they were. She replied "$179.99" With that I held mine up and said "Georgia Shades, $95 bucks" She didn't have a reply, but the little smile she gave me also showed a lot of frustration![/quote'] This was a great post, from begining to end!

Beach_Vice - thanks for the photo - they look awesome!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I am feeling pretty annoyed right now' date=' as I ordered a pair of Wayfarers over a week ago from a place I had previously ordered some sunnies. They were really fast with posting them out to me that first time.Last week when I placed my order, they told me that my sunnies would ship in 2-3 days - that was last Wednesday. I e-mailed them and they said that due to the 4th of July holiday, there was a delay, and they would ship this week. Yep, I knew that, but 4th of July is ONE day, not a whole friggin week!! Anyway, it's now Friday & my Wayfarers are no closer to me now than they were last week. It's really annoying when you see your credit card charged on the 29th of June, and it's now the 8th of July & the item I purchased is still sitting on a shelf :evil:[/quote']How do you think I feel?? I ordered the lenses for my wayfarers on 6 / 21 / 11. They were out of stock, and they back ordered it from Italy. I've waited patiently for them to arrive. It is now 7 / 11 /11, and they just showed up.....and........THEY ARE THE WRONG SIZE!!! Damn that makes me mad!Can't phone them today, because they are closed mondays. I have Tuesday and Wed off, but now there is no way for me to get them in time to have them installed on those days, then I'm back to work. :evil::thumbsdown:Sucks to be me.

• Administrators

Sucks to be me.

Well, let's see now...living in a Vice styled home, owning possibly the world's largest collection of Vice memorabilia, owns not 1 but several pairs of Ray Bans (including an original classic pair from the 80's). Yeah, it absolutely sucks to be you pal! ;)

Well' date=' let's see now...living in a Vice styled home, owning possibly the world's largest collection of Vice memorabilia, owns not 1 but several pairs of Ray Bans (including an original classic pair from the 80's). Yeah, it absolutely sucks to be you pal! ;)[/quote'] :o:o:) Sorry.

THEY ARE THE WRONG SIZE!!! Damn that makes me mad!Can't phone them today, because they are closed mondays. I have Tuesday and Wed off, but now there is no way for me to get them in time to have them installed on those days, then I'm back to work. :evil::thumbsdown:Sucks to be me.

Oh no Coop! Well the issue with the lenses sucks - must be so frustrating. But ditto on what Ferrariman said! ;)

Oh no Coop! Well the issue with the lenses sucks - must be so frustrating. But ditto on what Ferrariman said! ;)

Thanks!I'll be posting more wayfarer stuff soon.....

Well, I have good news on the Wayfarer front - mine have finally arrived!!! :D :D :DWhen I first took them out of the case, I thought hmmm....they look a bit small (these are the 50mm). But no - when I put them on, they are just right. They actually feel a bit awkward when putting them on - I'm just not used to this style of frame. But they are the right size for my face, and they just look cool. I guess they could do without that Ray Ban logo on the right lens, but honestly it doesn't really bother me. Anyway, very happy with my purchase!! Shame that with working from home, I don't get as much wear out of my sunnies as I used to (travelling to work, going out for lunch etc). But still, I'm sure I'll get heaps of wear out of them in the long run, and they will be my go-to pair of sunnies! Love love love :happy:

Well' date=' I have good news on the Wayfarer front - mine have finally arrived!!! :D :D :DWhen I first took them out of the case, I thought hmmm....they look a bit small (these are the 50mm). But no - when I put them on, they are just right. They actually feel a bit awkward when putting them on - I'm just not used to this style of frame. But they are the right size for my face, and they just look cool. I guess they could do without that Ray Ban logo on the right lens, but honestly it doesn't really bother me. Anyway, very happy with my purchase!! Shame that with working from home, I don't get as much wear out of my sunnies as I used to (travelling to work, going out for lunch etc). But still, I'm sure I'll get heaps of wear out of them in the long run, and they will be my go-to pair of sunnies! Love love love :happy:[/quote']CONGRATS!!! YOU GOT 'EM!! :clap:Remember what Ferrariman taught us.....you CAN scrape off the ray ban logo from the lense without harming it. I'm SO glad I did it! If you are smaller in size, stature, the smaller size frames may just be perfect for you.Are you going to post a photo of them with you wearing them?

CONGRATS!!! YOU GOT 'EM!! :clap:Remember what Ferrariman taught us.....you CAN scrape off the ray ban logo from the lense without harming it. I'm SO glad I did it! If you are smaller in size' date=' stature, the smaller size frames may just be perfect for you.Are you going to post a photo of them with you wearing them?[/quote']Yeah if the logo ends up bothering me, I will look at taking it off, seeing as Ferrariman found a safe way.Hmmm....don't know about the photo. I'm a bit....errr....camera shy :o I may post a *partial* photo, like I have on Facebook - even though the majority of my friends on there are relatives or close friends, I don't have the guts to put a "full face" photo on there lol. I'll see :)

Yeah if the logo ends up bothering me' date=' I will look at taking it off, seeing as Ferrariman found a safe way.Hmmm....don't know about the photo. I'm a bit....errr....camera shy :o I may post a *partial* photo, like I have on Facebook - even though the majority of my friends on there are relatives or close friends, I don't have the guts to put a "full face" photo on there lol. I'll see :)[/quote']
Word on the street is that 'headless' style is in VOGUE at the moment! ;):)

CONGRATS!!! YOU GOT 'EM!! :clap:Remember what Ferrariman taught us.....you CAN scrape off the ray ban logo from the lense without harming it. I'm SO glad I did it! If you are smaller in size' date=' stature, the smaller size frames may just be perfect for you.Are you going to post a photo of them with you wearing them?[/quote'] Do these have the logo on the sides of the frame?

I got a pair myself. Actually 2 pairs. The first one was the large frame which fell off my face. Then I had to buy the 52mm frame.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4350[/ATTACH]

post-138-13892963713892_thumb.jpg

Word on the street is that 'headless' style is in VOGUE at the moment! ;):)

Hmmm...yeah headless - that's a good idea for my Facebook! I'm kind of getting sick of the vanity when it comes to FB profile photos, especially some of my female cousins. You'd think they were posing for some fashion magazine or something :rolleyes:

Do these have the logo on the sides of the frame?

Yep - these new ones (called the Original Wayfarers, with model number RB2140) have the logo on both sides of the frame, and have the logo printed on the right lens only.

THEY ARE THE WRONG SIZE!!! Damn that makes me mad!Can't phone them today, because they are closed mondays. I have Tuesday and Wed off, but now there is no way for me to get them in time to have them installed on those days, then I'm back to work. :evil::thumbsdown:

Well.......it's been over 5 weeks now, and I've called twice, and they STILL don't have my lens size in stock from Italy. They said it could take six more weeks!!!!:thumbsdown::evil:Yeah I'm pissed.

over 5 weeks now' date=' and I've called twice, and they [u']STILL don't have my lens size in stock from Italy. They said it could take six more weeks!!!!:thumbsdown::evil:Yeah I'm pissed.

its the worse thing waiting for the mail... i have done it many a time... the glasses look super cool btw...i have to wear glasses everyday so i tried to get as close as i couldEingefügtes Bildgot them about 3 weeks ago... ray ban are becoming my fave specs maker...

its the worse thing waiting for the mail... i have done it many a time... the glasses look super cool btw...i have to wear glasses everyday so i tried to get as close as i couldEingefügtes Bildgot them about 3 weeks ago... ray ban are becoming my fave specs maker...

COOL!Did you see THIS thread??http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?15809-UNWORN-NEW-1980-S-WAYFARERS!