Location Trivia Level Two

C Glide

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

View from Rusty Pelican (Yaze) in 2016:

0B90890B-E61E-4313-9AAE-EDFBAE5726C2.jpeg

Got a table out there last month.  Best view in town.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 11:24 AM, Matt5 said:

Episode and scene please (my photo from February 2017)-

1918CD0D-B9DF-4DD8-AD9D-3015341E21F9.jpeg

Clue - Nite time Drive scene...

Looks like Washington or Collins Ave.  I've scanned both but may have missed it.  Could use a clue.

43 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Looks like Washington or Collins Ave.  I've scanned both but may have missed it.  Could use a clue.

Collins Avenue - night chase scene we see these buildings in the background.

I looked at four episodes that have night chase scenes and can't find the place.  May be a little too tough for the location fans that seem to be visiting the site lately;  but I love location trivia.

Edited by miamijimf

On 5/26/2018 at 4:13 PM, miamijimf said:

I looked at four episodes that have night chase scenes and can't find the place.  May be a little too tough for the location fans that seem to be visiting the site lately;  but I love location trivia.

From “Buddies” Jim end nite sequence chase when they turn off Lincoln at Collins onto Collins northbound - they pass this building. 

Ill make them a little easier - ive got so many photos of Miami from last year when I was there 8 weeks  and before thought I would try to kick start location trivia again. I thought maybe Airtommy, Jeremy or Tom would have got it.:hippie:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

This is a shot of mine I took last year of The Breakwater Hotel - we see a similar view of this in an episode but more set back from Ocean Dr, name the episode and scene please.

CBF99FB7-6BD6-4621-A2A5-9E5A9E12CCF0.png

Edited by Matt5

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Matt5:

This is a shot of mine I took last year of The Breakwater Hotel - we see a similar view of this in an episode but more set back from Ocean Dr, name the episode and scene please.

CBF99FB7-6BD6-4621-A2A5-9E5A9E12CCF0.png

Viking Bikers as exterior of apartment of Reb's sister, Switek was on stakeout there too.

5 hours ago, Matt5 said:

From “Buddies” Jim end nite sequence chase when they turn off Lincoln at Collins onto Collins northbound - they pass this building. 

Ill make them a little easier - ive got so many photos of Miami from last year when I was there 8 weeks  and before thought I would try to kick start location trivia again. I thought maybe Airtommy, Jeremy or Tom would have got it.:hippie:

Thanks Matt, I looked at Buddies carefully and didn't see it.  Don't quit submitting location trivia cases.  I hope to have time soon to start submitting cases myself.

28 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Thanks Matt, I looked at Buddies carefully and didn't see it.  Don't quit submitting location trivia cases.  I hope to have time soon to start submitting cases myself.

Jim it was seen very briefly in “Buddies” and this location was also seen during the Clues montage in “Home Invaders”. It was seen a lot more clearly in Home Invaders. But a tough question nonetheless.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Viking Bikers as exterior of apartment of Reb's sister, Switek was on stakeout there too.

Correct ! Great stuff Tom for a bonus can you name the episode where they shot on the roof of The Breakwater?

Edited by Matt5

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Matt5:

Correct ! Great stuff Tom for a bonus can you name the episode where they shot on the roof of The Breakwater?

Amen...send money as far as I remember.

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Amen...send money as far as I remember.

Yes well done 

Of course they climbed up the stairs of The Edison first next door:thumbsup:

This is a 1970s Miami Beach advertising campaign featuring a model named Anna Hitson.

Can you name the episode and scene we see in a similar shot behind her.

96B95B5D-9635-4126-8337-61AFA4DBF2F4.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2018 at 6:33 AM, Matt5 said:

This is a 1970s Miami Beach advertising campaign featuring a model named Anna Hitson.

Can you name the episode and scene we see in a similar shot behind her.

96B95B5D-9635-4126-8337-61AFA4DBF2F4.jpeg

Matt my only guess is the beach scene in Mirror Image where Sonny is wearing white and Castillo in black and Sonny's mind is twisted.  If not I need a big clue.

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Matt my only guess is the beach scene in Mirror Image where Sonny is wearing white and Castillo in black and Sonny's mind is twisted.  If not I need a big clue.

Good guess Jim - but not correct. Big clue? here goes..... this was at the back of the Doral and (above) was seen in the opening credits of only one episode in the series five year run.:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, miamijimf said:

The beach segment with the hotels on the left in the Pilot's opening montage.

Well done Jim! That is the one I was looking for.

Edited by Matt5

3 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Here's one.  Episode and scene please.

t22.jpg

Is this from a shopping scene? Makes me think of Trudy and Gina in the “Bought and Paid For” teaser, or the Asian girls in “Golden Triangle (Pt 2)” for some reason. 

Dadrian, your second guess is correct.  This is where Gina and Trudy do surveillance on Lao-Lee’s girls as they go shopping in "Golden Triangle Pt. 2."  You know your Vice.

Here's another - you see this in a drive-by.

iiio.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2018 at 8:19 PM, miamijimf said:

iiio.jpg

Season 1

You see the following place next during the drive-by:

seen just later t70.jpg

Edited by miamijimf