Location Trivia Level Two

C Glide

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Ya Dan is an excellent photographer.  So are you.  Have the solution?

I think you missed Tom's post above.

18 hours ago, Tom said:

Bad Timing, Cathleen‘s bar and Crockett diving through the window during the shootout. A little bit further up is the bridge where they set up a trap for „The Savage“

Correct, you can see the entrance to Tobacco Road, now gone.

9 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Correct, you can see the entrance to Tobacco Road, now gone.

sadly, another historic landmark that was razed to make way for an indistinct steel and concrete eyesore. It was demolished four years ago and nothing has been built on that lot yet in case Google Streetview is up-to-date - that is so useless.

On 8/30/2018 at 12:19 AM, miamijimf said:

Ya Dan is an excellent photographer.  So are you.  Have the solution?

Thankyou Jim for the compliment.:hippie:

2 hours ago, airtommy said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the bar Tobacco Road has closed but the building is still there.

I know it closed - I don’t know 100% sure about the building.

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I know it closed - I don’t know 100% sure about the building.

Never mind what I was saying.  All of the storefronts on that block are still there EXCEPT for Tobacco Road.  :thumbsdown:

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

I'm looking, makes me think of a bridge N. of the Venetian, maybe Ft. Lauderdale.

Correct north of Venetian but south of FL Jim 

Later seasons.:hippie:

I'm stumped.  Not surprising.  Maybe CGlide, who is working on updating his web site, airtommy or Tom an get it.  Crockettt probably knows already.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb miamijimf:

I'm stumped.  Not surprising.  Maybe CGlide, who is working on updating his web site, airtommy or Tom an get it.  Crockettt probably knows already.

Does not ring a bell for me. North of Venetian was rarely used for day drive scenes in later seasons (Red tape, Blood and roses) and these rare occasions look completely different than the picture above.

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Does not ring a bell for me. North of Venetian was rarely used for day drive scenes in later seasons (Red tape, Blood and roses) and these rare occasions look completely different than the picture above.

Maybe too hard a question - it was from “Blood and Roses” from the beach end of the William Lehman Causeway in Aventura when C&T rush to Gina. 

0DDDB74C-2F91-428E-8E95-4FB295D8C2A9.jpeg

78714311-3F7C-45DC-8734-B89737747BF6.png

• Like 1

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Matt5:

Maybe too hard a question - it was from “Blood and Roses” from the beach end of the William Lehman Causeway in Aventura when C&T rush to Gina. 

0DDDB74C-2F91-428E-8E95-4FB295D8C2A9.jpeg

78714311-3F7C-45DC-8734-B89737747BF6.png

No wonder that it didn’t look familiar to me even with the Blood and roses scene in mind. They have built high rises in between since then that change the whole look and block view on the significant smaller buildings seen in the ep.

Sorry Matt but that’s like trying to compare hairs on moscito legs without a microscope! ?(

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

No wonder that it didn’t look familiar to me even with the Blood and roses scene in mind. They have built high rises in between since then that change the whole look and block view on the significant smaller buildings seen in the ep.

Sorry Matt but that’s like trying to compare hairs on moscito legs without a microscope! ?(

Sorry yes that was very hard - but because I’d been to the William Lehman Cswy location I thought it was getable- with the causeway/elevation of the cswy & two background buildings circled on the 1988 screenshot and on my pic that remain the same. :hippie:

Edited by Matt5

airtommy wrote:  El Viejo - where the briefcase gets dropped?

correct: It's where Mendez's man dropped the snake skin briefcase when he fled in El Viejo.

xl1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Need episode and scene.  Anyone can solve regardless of experience in location finding.  One side of the alley has been changed.

xsw.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1