Location Trivia Level Two

C Glide

I don't understand why Damian was warm.  Didn't see it in the pilot.  Was this seen while Sonny is a passenger?  Guess I am asking for another hint unless you want to let it ride for a while.

Edited by miamijimf

22 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

I don't understand why Damian was warm.  Didn't see it in the pilot.  Was this seen while Sonny is a passenger?  Guess I am asking for another hint unless you want to let it ride for a while.

Dadrian was warm as it was an episode in or around the Pilot.

5 minutes ago, Crockettt said:

I think it's from the pilot when Corky driving Sonny & Eddie to the delivery point.

Again very close - this is a background location and is very hard. So good guesses. 

Jeremy identitied this location but only mentioned other buildings in the scene never this one.

So it must be the scene when C & T take a drive and Tubbs ask Crockett about Rodriguez.

Edited by Crockettt

1 hour ago, Crockettt said:

So it must be the scene when C & T take a drive and Tubbs ask Crockett about Rodriguez.

Im afraid not - but great guesses. That scene you mentioned was further north on Collins Avenue to the scene Im thinking of. 

Edited by Matt5

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say this is the old President Hotel ( much changed) you see across from the Nassua in Hit List when Tubs is chasing the Argentinian.

58 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say this is the old President Hotel ( much changed) you see across from the Nassua in Hit List when Tubs is chasing the Argentinian.

Good guess Jim but not correct. 

Is it the scene in No Exit when Switek is standing on a porch of some kind, giving a "weather report" to the team? Then Castillo tells him to get off the air and a bunch of elderly residents start milling around him. Ocean Drive, I think.

Edited by mjcmmv

On 7/2/2019 at 4:43 PM, mjcmmv said:

Is it the scene in No Exit when Switek is standing on a porch of some kind, giving a "weather report" to the team? Then Castillo tells him to get off the air and a bunch of elderly residents start milling around him. Ocean Drive, I think.

Checking in. Is this the right answer?

40 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

Checking in. Is this the right answer?

No sorry - I’m thinking of the Pilot. As I said very hard question.

• Thanks 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

Hint:  we only see the exterior as a set up shot.  The rest of the scene is filmed in Miami.

Hard to say as there is hardly anything to see of the background at 2:45 but I give it a shot: 

is it Central Falls on West Beoadway that was used as exterior shot in the opening credits of „Miami Squeeze“?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom said:

Hard to say as there is hardly anything to see of the background at 2:45 but I give it a shot: 

is it Central Falls on West Broadway that was used as exterior shot in the opening credits of „Miami Squeeze“?

That's it!

vor 5 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

That's it!

Thanks that was a lucky shot! Leads to the question though how you could pinpoint that location by watching such insignificant scenes? 

I still suspect that you work at the NSA and use some special AI Software from the office for your private endeavors :)!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Thanks that was a lucky shot! Leads to the question though how you could pinpoint that location by watching such insignificant scenes? 

I still suspect that you work at the NSA and use some special AI Software from the office for your private endeavors :)!

Thanks, but I'm not sure what you mean.  I found this "Miami Squeeze" location years ago, but I just happened to notice it in the Glenn Frey video yesterday.  Finding it originally was easier than you'd think.  We see "Central Falls" and "478" on the awning, so I just Googled those terms and then culled the search from there.

• Haha 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

Finding it originally was easier than you'd think.  We see "Central Falls" and "478" on the awning, so I just Googled those terms and then culled the search from there.

Bump. I didn‘t see that as I watched the video in a sunny place with lots of screen reflections! That takes the mystery out a bit :-) but still you would fit well to an intelligence agency with your eye for details!:dance2:

But I know how crucial tiny details are with locations. It was only when I realized the dead end sign from behind to find the Love  at first sight house without any address clues.

On 6/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, Matt5 said:

This is a very hard question - and is seen in the background of a scene. Looks exactly the same as when Miami Vice shot in this area - we see mainly the windows in the scene, particularly ground floor.

60030421-FFF9-4279-8CAC-22556D260025.jpeg

It was from the Pilot episode and is the background we see as Eddies wife talks to the customers at the Iberia Restaurant counter. I was watching the Pilot recently and found this interesting for two reasons.

1/ Of course we know this location of when Crockett goes into the Iberia restaurant at Collins and 8th Street -  we see the buildings along Collins behind Crockett just north of 8th Street. Jeremy of course identified these previously but when you look at the scene carefully just before Crockett enters the restaurant you see this building / hotel on 8th Street which has never been mentioned.

2/ The building now called ‘The Hotel’ is the same as it was in March 1984 with some renovation. We never saw this building on the show again and interesting we saw this view of this side of 8th Street.  The features we see behind the customers in the scene are still there today.

58D4FF38-CE7F-4B17-80EC-CAB0C1AB6597.jpeg

6421B48F-F892-4634-8D6B-D08CC4EF79BB.jpeg

• Like 1