For Muscle Car Lovers Only

Richie Rich

I thought I would start this thread for Muscle Car Lovers, of which I know there are 2 on this site - Ferrariman and yours truly. All others who are unknown to me who wish to join in, please join in! Pictures, stories, your own personal muscle car photo collection, etc. All are welcome.Enjoy.Pictures from 2008 PRI (Performance Racing Industry) Trade ShowOrange County Convention CenterOrlando, FLDecember 11, 2008Dodge Challenger "Drag Pak" - apparently not street legal, but being sold to drag racers (don't let the headlights fool you)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild2008 STS Turbo ZR7 CorvetteEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildChevy Camaro LS7Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildDodge Challenger R/TEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

Getting one of the new Challengers will be my goal within the next few years. I'd love an SRT8 but then again the RT isn't too shabby either and it's 10K less! We'll see how it goes.

I love that orange one!Back in 1976 I used to own an original 70'Challenger RT 340 four speed when I was in highschool. It was "Vitamin C Orange" the only year that Chrysler made that particular shade of orange! I loved that car. It was stolen and found burnt on the indian reserve near my hometown. I actually broke down and cried then.I have been anticipating the return of the Challenger and went to the dealership a year ago last September to be totally disapointed!I wanted to order a new car for January when they were to be revealed to the public and they told me no stick shift!!! WTF?That damn salesman called me every week for two months asking if I wanted to order a car. I finally had to tell him a ordered a Cobra Mustang with a five speed. (I didn't, although I would have liked to)Too bad Chrysler is not catering to us old school muscle car freaks!

• Administrators

No stick was just for the first year. (God only knows why?!) The new ones, the RT and the SRT8 can be ordered with a 6 speed! Oh yeah! I'm waiting for them to make it in Sublime Green.

Sure...wouldn't you know it!I guess it's better to wait for the second or third year car anyway to get all the bugs ironed out?I have changed my mind now however and am definitely looking to buy a Daytona. I have a couple picked out to view and am hoping they are not junk! One is a four speed and the other has a Doug Nash five gear in it. (ohhhhh baby!)No new car for me...Oh well then the government can bail out the car companies then???:shout:

I guess it's better to wait for the second or third year car anyway to get all the bugs ironed out?

Dont forget we are talking about Chrysler products here! :DI am a bitter former Jeep owner 3 times over. Great performance but they are pure garbage!!!!

• Administrators

I'm curious too. I've found that car problems are directly related to the abilities of the owner (no insults intended DJWannaB) I'm only saying that to some people an engine swap is no big deal where as some people almost have a nervous breakdown when a door handle falls off. So yes please tell us what the problems were.

• Administrators

I have changed my mind now however and am definitely looking to buy a Daytona. I have a couple picked out to view and am hoping they are not junk! One is a four speed and the other has a Doug Nash five gear in it. (ohhhhh baby!)

Are you talking about a new Charger Daytona?

I drive a 2007 Mustang GT convertible...just got it a few months ago actually bought it from CarMax...what a way to buy a car - no wonder the big 3 are having problems...I know it's only 300 HP but it's black on black with black interior...(a veritible pressure cooker in the summer!!) but I love it...it's my 3rd Mustang...my first car was a 72 coupe which was a tank and then 10 years ago after my kids were older I was able to get a 98 GT. She was a beauty until I foolishly let my 18 year old son get ahold of her...taking her back and putting her back to rights as soon as I can!!Summer is just the best with the top down...the iPod playing MV tunes and the sound of my engine humming.......ah I can't wait!!:radio:I'm a muscle car fan although my taste seems to run more along the Mustang route...Peace,cbreze

Eingefügtes BildSo - let's see some wheels!

Well, unfortuately, I am technologically challanged and I suck at posting photos...I'll try - but I'm really bad at it and can't seem to get my camera program to work properly...sorry - :o thought it would be okay to just talk about my car....;)Cbreze

I'm curious too. I've found that car problems are directly related to the abilities of the owner (no insults intended DJWannaB) I'm only saying that to some people an engine swap is no big deal where as some people almost have a nervous breakdown when a door handle falls off. So yes please tell us what the problems were.
Ok ' date=' but let me get back to you in the morning about all that. It was however sort of a muscle SUV haha. I traded it in a year ago after owning it for 9 years. It was a rare beast.. A mid size SUV with a nice big 5.9 litre engine. Only 14,000 of this particular model were made for one year back in 98. Here is my old baby-[img']http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f199/Crazy_97/IMG_0470.jpg

Are you talking about a new Charger Daytona?

Yeh F-Man...I was really into the Challenger coming out and everything but I am over it now. I am definitely looking to grab up a Daytona soon but many I have looked at are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overpirced and some are even junk! a couple I looked at were nice but a bit out of my legue at the present as I am strapped for cash until I sell my other Stinger 260.I think I have decided on a red one, as it has a stickshift, but will have to bring it home and paint it black for sure.

Ok ' date=' but let me get back to you in the morning about all that. It was however sort of a muscle SUV haha. I traded it in a year ago after owning it for 9 years. It was a rare beast.. A mid size SUV with a nice big 5.9 litre engine. It Only 14,000 of this particular model were made for one year back in 98. Here is my old baby-[/quote']Well up here in the Great White North where it gets mighty cold in the winter I find that the Jeeps that have the solenoid operated four wheel drive are a pain in the a$$! My friend has one, and one day we were driving down the highway and it was below zero. The roads started to ice up so you would think that 4WD would be better. He pressed the button and nothing happened?!?!? WTF? Took it back to the dealer under warrenty and it never was resolved. The worst part of this story is that the stupid dummy bought another newer jeep again two years later.............................................SAME PROBLEM! Four Wheel drive never works when you want it to!

• Administrators

I've heard numerous stories about people having problems with Chrysler products. All I can say is I must be blessed because I've never driven anything else and have had minimal problems.My Hot Rod 1970 Plymouth Duster 340Eingefügtes BildMy Daily Driver 1989 Dodge Daytona ShelbyEingefügtes Bild

I've heard numerous stories about people having problems with Chrysler products. All I can say is I must be blessed because I've never driven anything else and have had minimal problems.My Hot Rod 1970 Plymouth Duster 340
Nice Duster! I work with someone that had a Daytona like that and loved it. My first car was a 71 Dart' date=' no power at all inline 6 haha! Maybe Chrysler should just stay out of the 4wd business.. too late! Actually the more basic 6 cylinder Cherokees were pretty good. Here's my rant-2 of the 3 Jeeps I have owned had similar issues.. Numerous differential bearing problems. Front were replaced 3 times. The back bearing 2 times. Had to have the transfer case(viscous coupler) replaced 2 times on the 98'... Heater Core failed 2 times!! at 40K and 70K on the 98. $1000 job not covered on the extended warrenty. The second time was a huge anti freeze mess in the interier. I had cracked heads on the 98 even though it never over heated. Had pinging for 2 F'n years until the heads were replaced and then it was quiet.. of course that came after the extended warranty ran out $1500. (Had a 96 and at 10K a valve broke... Well I think the tranny decided to try and shift into 1st gear at 70mph.. At least thats what it seemed like. Rpms shot up so fast I couldn't even react in time.) The 97 I bought used had rust starting in mid 1998!! CD player broke on 2 of the Jeeps. Snapped the accelerator cable on the 98.. It was a plastic part that connected the cable to the throttle body- how stupid. The letters on the side of the 98 were falling apart at 35,000 miles- I've seen this on several Chryslers...Replaced them and then they did it again later. You can see it in the picture a little. Heated seat broke on 98. Rear tail gate broke and wouldn't open at around 21,000 on the 98. Trans started slipping in one gear and replaced at 67,000 on the 98. It then completely failed 8,000 miles later. Brake rotors warped pretty fast on the 98. I like to use my own brake parts anyway. Engine seals began to leak like a sive on the 98 around 80,000. Had to quit using synthetic and the leaks stopped. Over priced garbage anyway.

Interesting plate, Lou.Trust number one!?or maybe -Trust no one?!So it either implies that there is only one person or being that you trust, or that there is no person or being that you trust, or then again, maybe it means something entirely different, or none of the above.:checkbox:

• Administrators

Trust no one! Yeah I'm also a big "X-Files" fan! DJ, I can definitely understand why you hate Chryslers! If I had those problems chances are I would too. I also had a '72 Dart Swinger with the good old slant 6 in it. Could not kill that thing. Had it for years until the wife wanted a new car. Had no value so I gave it to a cousin who's Daughter needed a car. A brake line broke and they took it straight to the junkyard! I was so pissed! I said I would've taken it back and fixed it! The Duster was my first car when I began driving back in '72. The Daytona (and any other front wheel drive performance car of the mid to late 80's) has to be one of the most underated cars Chrysler ever built. Lee Iacocca who previously was with Ford brought Carrol Shelby over to Dodge to help build a performance car. The Shelby Daytona had a 4 cylinder engine. Turbo & intercooler made 174 horsepower. I have since upgraded with a bigger turbo, 3" exhaust and a few other tricks to get almost 300 horses out of it! the car will smoke the tires through at least the first 3 gears and sometimes it scares the hell out of me!

here's my contribution to the thread. my favorite muscle car ever:1967 Chevrolet Corvettehttp://www.aztexcorp.com/expressionengine/images/uploads/Autoimg/sbchevrolet-1967-corvette-front.jpgmy dad had a gold '63(split window) vette that he bought for $2500 in 1965. i wish he still had it.

here's my contribution to the thread. my favorite muscle car ever:1967 Chevrolet Corvettehttp://www.aztexcorp.com/expressionengine/images/uploads/Autoimg/sbchevrolet-1967-corvette-front.jpgQUOTE]That's a beauty nofretz.I had one of those back in 1976 and it was deep chrome green with a beigh interior. It was a Convertible with a hartop too. I bought it in September, so I had a few days with the top down but mostly had the hartop on until January, when I sold it again.Every time I went to the car wash I had to shammy the seats off (top leaked) The disc brakes stuck on at every stop light but at least the 427 four speed could snap them loose and start going! It burnt almost as much oil as it did gas and smoked more than a hooker after sex!The car rode like a lumber wagon and handled like one too, as it only had standard steering.The "sideways Radio" was a neat item in that car I thought?Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if I only knew...I wish I still had that thing.I paid 4700 bucks for it in 1976 and sold it for the same price four months later. Could you imagine what that car is worth today? YIKES? Who knew???????????

• 3 months later...
Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildJust a few pics of my toy. 1969 GTO for those that need to know...472" Pontiac motor, auto, 3.55 gears, 3900 lbs and runs 11:08 @ 121 in the quarter...:dance2::dance2: