For Muscle Car Lovers Only

Richie Rich

COOPER...Thanx for bringing these up...I almost forgot what my car looked like....I walk past it (covered up) everytime I'm in the outbuilding working on other people's stuff-a side job I love doing-metal fabrication and rust repair....And it's been awhile... Anyway, to answer your question, I buy a new set each season. The set in the photo's that are getting heated up and destroyed rather quickly are Hoosier Drag Radials and cost about $200 each and I only use the car 3-4 month's outta the year. They are VERY soft, have little to no tread and wear on the street rather quickly...:thumbsup:...For some reason, even if I pull them off and say stash them under my bed for the winter, they're just no good the next spring and simply have to be replaced for optimum adhesion on the track and street...Hey, I heard about the Pontiac thing and I don't think it's gonna be so bad. At least GM is gonna sell that division instead of shutting it down like they did Oldsmobile. I thought Buick should have gone instead. Sounds line Holden in Australia gonna pick it up....Maybe they can do something with it as GM seemed to be in a 'holding' pattern with it. Holden built a awesome car a few years ago for Pontiac, it's just too bad it had the GTO name on it as it was nothing inspiring like the legend of previous glory. Nice car, shoulda been called something else in my opinion....Kinda looked like a Mustang in some angles before the latest design....My 2¢.....ike

• 3 weeks later...

Q & A: 2010 Chevrolet CamaroIt's finally here, other than in a Transformers movie. Also makes it's appearance next week in Indy for the Indy 500 race weekend, as the pace car. The side view mirrors are cool too. http://www.myride.com/content/shared/articles/templates/index.cfm/article_id_int/4175/article_page_order_int/1/id/30613;rideEingefügtes Bild

yeh...but it's a chevy...
True. Brought to you by soon to be bankrupt General Motors. Which is why I won't be buying one' date=' just admiring from afar. On track at Indy today. I'll be at the track next Friday, and look forward to getting a closer look then. Hopefully some photos too.[img']http://www.indy500.com/image/fit/w/640/h/480/wm/1/?img=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imscdn.com%2Fgallery%2F500%2Findy%2F2009%2F20090514-spayne%2Fmed%2F08SP2368-7906.jpg

• Administrators

Brought to you by soon to be bankrupt General Motors. Which is why I won't be buying one.

I'll still buy my Challenger from the bankrupt Chrysler Corporation.

There you go F'man..............Good choice for sure!I would too as I actually had a 70 with a white interior with a four speed 340. It was "Vitamin C Orange" on the outside and I loved that car. I had it in highschool. They haven't quite got the orange right for the new models, but it's close enough. They only made that shade of orange on the 70 and no other. (can you believe I still have the DuPont paint formula in my toolbox?!?!?!)I actually like the new Challengers better than the ... hurumphhhh ...Camaro's.....By the way, the deadline for the GM deal just passed a few minutes ago...Wonder if they are still in business. They HAD to radify by midnight or else??????????????????????????????????????????????????????(at least up here in Canada so they could get there 6 billion in loans)

• 2 weeks later...
2010fordmustanggt.th.jpgI hear ya. I'm not a big FORD guy but I drove the new 2010 Mustang GT the other day and I have to say that car had me smiling like a bailed out wall street exec. It was truly a fun to drive experience.

OK, somebody tell me why this thing is not posting a pic, but giving me a link instead. Never mind. I think I have it figured out.

I looked at a Roush CS today in the showroom at our local Ford dealer. The salesman almost jumped out of his skin to get me to take it out for a test drive!No thanks I told him, as I was just going to the Parts Department to get a small part for my T-Bird for the clutch arm. I was temped however....................Price isn't bads either at only 39g's for a loaded convertible! It had a rear spoiler add-on and a few decals that were not stock either. Looked very nice!I also saw a GT/CS convertible for 23g's in Toronto back at xmas. Coincidentally I was at that smae dealer last week and it is still there! Maybe because its an automatic???????? Good price marked down from 43 grand!

Love muscle cars,i try and go to santa pod here in England in july to watch the mopar nats,i had a 72 mustang convertible (my avatar) but as it rains so much here in Manchester i now have a 91 chevy G20 van...and no im not putting a bug on the roof!

I looked at a Roush CS today in the showroom at our local Ford dealer. The salesman almost jumped out of his skin to get me to take it out for a test drive!No thanks I told him' date=' as I was just going to the Parts Department to get a small part for my T-Bird for the clutch arm. I was temped however....................Price isn't bads either at only 39g's for a loaded convertible! It had a rear spoiler add-on and a few decals that were not stock either. Looked very nice!I also saw a GT/CS convertible for 23g's in Toronto back at xmas. Coincidentally I was at that smae dealer last week and it is still there! Maybe because its an automatic???????? Good price marked down from 43 grand![/quote']You should reconsider the test drive. IMO, this is the best Stang yet. FORD (fix or repair daily) has done this one correct. All of the right tweaks seemed to have been given serious thought by the FORD guys. Everything from the interior, too the sheet metal. 2010 does not share any dna from last years model, except for the roof line. Great ball's of fire! Gotta have one!!! CANDY APPLE RED or SILVER.

Some pictures of the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Indy 500 Pace Car, taken at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Friday, May 22, 2009.The car was parked out in front of the Pagoda, next to Victory Circle, when I took these pictures. You can see the front straight stands in the background. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Some pictures of the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Indy 500 Pace Car, taken at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Friday, May 22, 2009.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildHere's a picture of the photographer (and I use that term loosely!) posing with the pace car. The Chevy guys refused my request to take the car out on the track for a spin (darn it). Eingefügtes Bild

Visited the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky on Monday. Very cool museum - I give it a thumbs up, and recommend it to my fellow muscle car lovers (even though GM did at first label it a "sports car"). For an Indy 500 fan like myself, I also enjoyed the collection of Indy 500 pace cars. The museum is just off the interstate, and very easy to find, right next to GM's Corvette assembly plant in Bowling Green.Here are the photos, in a web album:http://picasaweb.google.com/RichieRichFL/TheNationalCorvetteMuseum#

• 1 month later...
Top 10 Cars from Fast and Furioushttp://www.askmen.com/top_10/cars/top-10-ifast-furiousi-cars.htmlI most definitely want the '67 Ford Mustang Fastback.Eingefügtes BildThe Steve McQueen Connection ...Eingefügtes BildAnd here is the ultimate Muscle Car Lover's actor - Steve McQueen (Paul Newman running a close second, of course):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-7IEPTAoTgNotice how the director knew that all music and dialogue should end when it was time for the V8s to sing. That was the only sound that the viewer needed to hear.

Top 10 Cars from Fast and FuriousNotice how the director knew that all music and dialogue should end when it was time for the V8s to sing. That was the only sound that the viewer needed to hear.

True...nothing like the sound of a good strong "FE". Those 390's were great engines with lots of torque. Steve McQueen did all of his own stunt driving as well. (no stunt doubles)

Well I must admit, reluctanty, that I have had all of those fads on my toys at one time or another. However my hood scoops were fully functional on the cars I had and not fake! As for the Landau, My old 78 T-Bird was a land yaght of that same calibre. I put a digital dash in my 53' F-350 as my original one went south and the gauges didn't work anymore, so that was a good thing to update or upgrade? As for SUV's I LOVE-EM!!!Well if you believe in global warming then I aslo believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny too.Stinger 390X, twin 454'sDestroying the ozone sixteen cylinders at a time......................Yahhhhhhhhhhhh baby!

That commercial is totally way off the top!I LOVE IT!I'm also a big Steve McQueen fan too...........They did a great job of cutting and pasting his body and facial expressions from Bullitt.

• 1 month later...
Papa Johns Founder Finds His Long Lost Camarohttp://www.daytondailynews.com/lifestyle/papa-johns-founder-pays-250k-for-beloved-camaro-264684.html?bigName=&bigPhotog=&bigCap=In+this+August+24%2c+2009+handout+photo+released+by+Papa+John%27s+Pizza%2c+John+Schnatter%2c+the+founder+of+Papa+John%27s+pizzaEingefügtes Bild

“Papa” John Schnatter sold his 1971 Camaro for $2,800 in 1983 to save his father's tavern in Jeffersonville, Ind. He used the rest to start his own chain, Papa Johns. PJ has been searching for his car ever since. He started a blog this past May and recently he found her, only 165 miles away. $250,000 and the car was finally back in his hands.

Amazing story but I find it hard to believe that any Camaro is work a quarter million???Similar thing happened to me years ago as I saw an add in the Auto Trader for lost Ranchero serial number such and such. Well I checked the VIN on mine and low and behold it was the one he was searching for. I called him and told him that it was NOT for sale. He was bummed.....