For Muscle Car Lovers Only

Richie Rich

Now that's a muscle car, Icemanmike.Got any video of it on the dragstrip? I'd like to see that, with the sound turned up, of course.

• Administrators

Wow! That's a really nice looking car you got their Icemanmike.Thanks for sharing. Cool.

matching numbers?

Absolutely. I bought it off the guy that bought it new. My dad worked with hhim and the car was in his garage taking up space and collecting dust...if you can beleive that.It was definitely a fixer upper, if you know what I mean? It was all original with faded green laquer paint and of course the dried out valve seals that leaked into the combustion chamber. That is why it smoked so bad and used so much oil!

Hey Iceman nice Goat for sure!I had almost the same thing for a winter beater but it was a straight six under the hood! Same body only one year older.I rode motorcycles all through my youth so I always had oddball winter beaters.One that comes to mind is my 100 dollar Dodge Road Runner. It had a 383, 3 speed stick on the floor...Yes I said three speed! It had a BENCH SEAT and the floor shift and an AM/8Track player (no FM in those days) It was all factory original...rust too! :)I love all things "Muscle Car" as that era will never return! Long live 1962-1972 cars!!!

Thanx for the replies...It is one of the few things I could contribute here as I am a Vice fan and for the moment have not much to show for it other that some knowledge here and there...I will post some video when I finally get a DVD set-up in my computer(I even can't believe I don't have one yet). Yes, I AM a gear-head...This is what I am and what I do. Period...I guess another thing I like about being a VICE fan...Lotsa cool imported Italian sports/luxury cars and some old muscle...Seems like the producers of VICE liked Pontiacs, as I see many in the shadows and some are featured here and there....Stinger-It isn't as uncommon as you might think for a classic muscle car to have a three speed, as a good handful were made with the 'entry level' trans. Most have been replaced with either a auto or a 4 spd by now...Bench's are sweet and NOTHING is more comfortable than a original bench, period. I like the rust bit as I understand as we both live in the snow-belt. My car is originally(and still has) am/fm/8-track....VICE on 8-track, now that would be sweet!..Manual steering and brakes, with the factory hood tach, spoiler and just happens to be the original color. This is my dream car. It has only been to the track a few times as it was purposely built to run on the street, late at night....Anyway, I also have a 1971 LeMans Sport convertible that I'm going to paint and detail it to the 9's(Triple BLACK) and sold soon to fund the Daytona kit(Corvette based) I'm thinking about doing, so that just leaves me with a 77 Trans Am and my '69. That's about it for the cars....Also, Stinger, Thank You so much for sharing with us the pics and info on you beautiful go-fast...I'm envious to say the least. Summers coming, time to have some fun and create some memories!!...Mike

Unfortunately, here in the UK, we don't see too many American muscle cars. I like all the pics posted in this thread. It would be difficult to run an American muscle car in the UK since gas prices are so high. It must have been difficult in the US too when gas went up so high.I drive a fuel-efficient Honda Civic!:funky:I wouldn't have thought anyone would want to see pictures!:sleep:

• 2 weeks later...
Thanx for the replies...Also' date=' Stinger, Thank You so much for sharing with us the pics and info on you beautiful go-fast...I'm envious to say the least. Summers coming, time to have some fun and create some memories!!...Mike[/quote']No problem. I was an avid piston head for many years from my youth. I had tons of different hot rods, too many to mention, and I built them all myself. Nowadays kids just get a new eprom from the speed shop and a blue bottle of go-fast gas and bob's your uncle...fast car........I don't believe in nos as it only burns holes in your pistons. True horsepower comes from integrity when you build the block from the crank up, tricking the heads and the fuel flow and exhaust. Gears and tires also help.Well those days are almost over for me as I have toned down a bit. I still have a Super Coupe that I drive in the summer that is factory original supercharged (not many of those around anymore) but now I focus more on my boats as I have been into Offshore now for a few years. I only recently picked up the 390X and love the cackle of the twin big blocks. I joke with my friends now that I am:"Killing the OZONE sixteen cylinders at a time"I still love the cackle of a good camshaft and loud exhaust (you should hear my boat! Pisses off a lot of sailors around here) but I still go to cruise nights around here and check out the old cars as I will always love them.Here is a picture of my "Thunderchicken". It's a Super Coupe, 3.8 with a five speed with every option available for that year. The only modification I did to it was change the reflector light in the trunklid to ones with LEDs so I now have lit tailights when I drive at night all the way across the back and not just the little lenses in the corners. I had the eprom done by an expert from Ford with the right software so it was tuned to match. Other than that.......Bone stock pushing about 285 HP with the blower running stock pully's as well. It is not overdriven or underdriven. I was going to put a 5% overdrive pulley on it but I talked to many guys with these cars and you have to modify a lot of other things to make it work properly. I did not want to take away from the originality of the car so I left it alone. The car is also original paint from the factory.This picture was taken last August. I was going to a Thunderbird meet with a bunch of guys from the T-Bird club and about twenty of us met at 6am in the parking lot to drive up together. (thus the fog in the picture)[i'm no professional photographer either?]This was Motor trend's car of the year for two years running in 1989 and 1990. Weren't too many others that could catch this little pigeon...Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

It would be difficult to run an American muscle car in the UK since gas prices are so high. It must have been difficult in the US too when gas went up so high.

Trust me, if you're a true car lover, you'll drive it no matter what the price!

Guest neworder

How do you like that new Avenger? What's under the hood!

Forgot i posted on this thread and never checked back again. I do like the way it looks and some are going for dirt cheap prices atm, a half year old 2000 mile example for £7500, that's under half the original price. BUT engine wise there are problems...In the UK the avenger has some poor engines in muscle car terms, a 2.0 petrol, 2.0 diesel and a 2.4 petrol, none are even V6's so they all take 11-12 seconds to 60. The Avenger seems contradictory as its supposed to be a muscle car inspired 4 door saloon but at least in the UK has no power fit for a muscle car inspiration.I read that in the U.S there is a 3.5V6 model which sounds good but I bet it eats fuel, which is why it would probs not sell here in UK. SJB

A movie for Muscle Car Lovers only (sort of - the imports make an unimportant appearance also, but I'm downplaying that):Fast and Furioushttp://movies.yahoo.com/feature/fast-and-furious.html1970 Chevy ChevelleEingefügtes Bild1972 Ford Gran TorinoEingefügtes Bild1987 Buick Grand National GNXEingefügtes Bild"Dom's" 1970 Dodge ChargerEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildSee what happens when you go up against American Muscle.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

Nice pics, is this supposed to be the same Charger he totalled in the 1st film?

Good question, Lou.They titled the pic as "Dom's" car, so I guess it is. I suppose we are to imagine it was totaled, got a new VIN, and is now back on the road, burning rubber once again.Or, I will be forced to head to the theater and find out. I'd rather not do that. I have not paid for a movie ticket since MV in '06.

Yes I saw the movie a couple of nights ago.It was ok but.....................too much CGI. Made it totally unbelievable, but the kids liked it!As for the Charger, after baldy left in the first episode, his girlfriend rebuilt the car from scratch. You see it in the garage with the fenders off it and the glass out in a state of mid repair when baldy returns after his girlfriend gets killed.Oops...did I spoil something there?

• Administrators

You didn't spoil anything for me. I'll most likely have forgotten it by the time it hits the rentals, if you catch my drift.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I have a buddy who is a die hard Pontiac fan. He's not gonna take this well. Hell any muscle car fan should be pissed about this!I also remember being really mad when Chrysler did away with Plymouth a few years back. Dodge came out with the new Challenger but Plymouth missed the opportunity to have a new Hemi 'Cuda!

It's a true shame that the muscle car era will NEVER return to its glory.New cars may have the horsepower ( I doubt it?) that the old cars did but now its all pollution control and chipset technology with injection and computer control everywhere, so it won't be like the simple days of raw HORSEPOWER!

...and that's why I'll never sell my 340 Duster! ;)

I hear ya. I'm not a big FORD guy but I drove the new 2010 Mustang GT the other day and I have to say that car had me smiling like a bailed out wall street exec. It was truly a fun to drive experience.

I love that orange one!Back in 1976 I used to own an original 70'Challenger RT 340 four speed when I was in highschool. It was "Vitamin C Orange" the only year that Chrysler made that particular shade of orange! I loved that car. It was stolen and found burnt on the indian reserve near my hometown. I actually broke down and cried then.I have been anticipating the return of the Challenger and went to the dealership a year ago last September to be totally disapointed!I wanted to order a new car for January when they were to be revealed to the public and they told me no stick shift!!! WTF?That damn salesman called me every week for two months asking if I wanted to order a car. I finally had to tell him a ordered a Cobra Mustang with a five speed. (I didn't' date=' although I would have liked to)Too bad Chrysler is not catering to us old school muscle car freaks![/quote']Yeah, those new ones are kinda weird and BIG....Park a new one next to the real thing....Yep...BIG...Now Ford on the other hand with the latest Mustang....Park that next to an original(real once again) and um...Uh... I like the new one better....I dunno....Just for fun and I know it's NOT a muscle car( I have that and those bases covered), yet it's totally eighties and worth a mention...I picked up a '86 Pontiac Fiero today for no reason other than I like 'em and should suit me well in the summer months just driving around....:thumbsup: I love summer!!!....Mike

• Administrators

I'm still gonna buy a new Challenger! The 1st year they only offered the SRT 8 version with an automatic (should've fired the guy who made that decision!) But now they offer 3 models base for $20,000 RT $30,000 and the SRT8 for about $40,000

Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildJust a few pics of my toy. 1969 GTO for those that need to know...472" Pontiac motor' date=' auto, 3.55 gears, 3900 lbs and runs 11:08 @ 121 in the quarter...:dance2::dance2:[/quote']How often do you have to replace the rear tires?