MORE DELETED SCENES FROM VICE PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

This might be logical. If they generally were filming two months before the air date unless it was an emergency and they needed a scene just before air date but those scenes would not likely be cut. She was killed at the end of October. This article was probably November 84. So the ep was likely aired in January 1985. Seems like Milk Run thru Smuggler's Blues would be most likely. It is late and I am tired so I hope that makes sense.
  • Like 1

I think he played a very flamboyant gay man. Perhaps too much gayness for one episode. (not that there's anything wrong with that) :)

sorry for the late reply but I just thought of something with the Iggy Pop Evan thing, maybe Iggy Pop was to play his friends gay lover or someone who knew him from the bars they were going to be staking out and maybe it turned into a heated confrontation between the two in that scene in addtion to the bizzare backdrop of the sex shop.it would explain why it was dropped as it seems like an odd omittance, especally with a famous face in it.after all the whole episode was a huge break from the status quo with no comedy elements in it that I can remember so the scene itself would seem rather out of place if it didnt tie into the overarching story about his friends suicide by thug after being esentally ousted and shunned for being gay by the police force and how it effected the two key survivors of the debacle, Evan and Sonny.

• 3 years later...

This scene from Smuggler's Blues has been seen before time and again, but it's not in the episode. It's a "lost scene."

don%20smugglers_zpsjkmhtx9o.jpg